There are quite a few commentators who like what the Sixers have done. They added Green and Curry in trades, while also drafting Isaiah Joe, who may be able to shoot. Green may be about done, but he is a career 40% shooter from 3. Curry is 44%, I believe.
Oh I fully agree. We ended last year with no flexibility and what looked like a closing window of opportunity. Really like the moves they made and the position we’re in now.

Oh I fully agree. We ended last year with no flexibility and what looked like a closing window of opportunity. Really like the moves they made and the position we’re in now.
Here is a question for you. Who would you rather have on the Sixers right now, Ben Simmons or Donovan Mitchell?

Here is a question for you. Who would you rather have on the Sixers right now, Ben Simmons or Donovan Mitchell?
Oh gosh that’s tough. I really thought Mitchell was just another volume shooter, but he’s seriously trending toward the 50-40-90 club! But Simmons is a physical freak. If it were between Mitchell and Simmons the PG, I’d go Mitchell in a heartbeat. But I really want to see Ben playing 4 and defensively he’s shown the ability to be a true lockdown player. I just never know which Embiid and Simmons are going to show up on a given night.

So with all that said, gun to my head - Mitchell.

Oh gosh that’s tough. I really thought Mitchell was just another volume shooter, but he’s seriously trending toward the 50-40-90 club! But Simmons is a physical freak. If it were between Mitchell and Simmons the PG, I’d go Mitchell in a heartbeat. But I really want to see Ben playing 4 and defensively he’s shown the ability to be a true lockdown player. I just never know which Embiid and Simmons are going to show up on a given night.

So with all that said, gun to my head - Mitchell.
I was curious if you might say Mitchell. One of the things that tend to pay off the most is when a great player is truly big for his position. Simmons is a huge point guard, with, as you say, dominating defensive abilities and unreachable passing skills and an eye for the game. he just doesn’t seem interested in improving his shooting, which baffles so many. I think your analysis is astute. I really like Mitchell as a kid. He has such a good heart and Jazz fans love him, but he was trending towards the volume shooter who can’t get you wins. If he can play like he did in the series against Denver, he is a bonafide superstar at the point, but that is a big if. Also, small stars have hardly ever won championships, Stef Curry being the recent exception. Right now, neither Simmons nor Mitchell is good enough to win a championship, but I would lien slightly towards Mitchell right now.

Unless you’re a 76er... 😭
Never understood why the parted ways with JJ Redick at the end of 2018.... Guy shot 45% since going to NOP.... talk about spacing the floor to allow Embeid room to work the block? Poor decision by Elton Brand IMO regardless of the fact that JJ couldn't cover @Tenputt with a blanket :p

There are quite a few commentators who like what the Sixers have done. They added Green and Curry in trades, while also drafting Isaiah Joe, who may be able to shoot. Green may be about done, but he is a career 40% shooter from 3. Curry is 44%, I believe.
Danny Green.... about done..... ?? Did you see him in the finals? Guy moves as well as I do..... and I move like a 3-legged dog with a broken leg :oops:

Never understood why the parted ways with JJ Redick at the end of 2018.... Guy shot 45% since going to NOP.... talk about spacing the floor to allow Embeid room to work the block? Poor decision by Elton Brand IMO regardless of the fact that JJ couldn't cover @Tenputt with a blanket :p
Yea I just don’t think they wanted to pay him. I get it, but doesn’t mean I was happy about it. He was definitely a good presence for that team on and off the court.

I was curious if you might say Mitchell. One of the things that tend to pay off the most is when a great player is truly big for his position. Simmons is a huge point guard, with, as you say, dominating defensive abilities and unreachable passing skills and an eye for the game. he just doesn’t seem interested in improving his shooting, which baffles so many. I think your analysis is astute. I really like Mitchell as a kid. He has such a good heart and Jazz fans love him, but he was trending towards the volume shooter who can’t get you wins. If he can play like he did in the series against Denver, he is a bonafide superstar at the point, but that is a big if. Also, small stars have hardly ever won championships, Stef Curry being the recent exception. Right now, neither Simmons nor Mitchell is good enough to win a championship, but I would lien slightly towards Mitchell right now.
Really like both Mitchell and Simmons but clearly for different reasons. Mitchell competes on both ends and I think is more committed (outside looking in obviously) to his profession.... Simmons is an absolute freak and can play a game many dream of.... 6'10" with handles, court vision, willing passer...... BUT, and its a big one, I question his commitment to get better and his willingness to be a team guy when its appropriate.
In all honesty, I don't see either winning or really competing for a title without some blockbuster deals.... NBA elite are super teams with guys for hire and big markets don't mind luxury tax to be able to compete for a trophy!

I'd take both of them on my team.... and I'd pay the luxury tax ;)

Yea I just don’t think they wanted to pay him. I get it, but doesn’t mean I was happy about it. He was definitely a good presence for that team on and off the court.
2 year $26.5mm total contract with NOP.... At today's rates $13 per season is a deal in my book for a guy who's going to give you 15-18 points a game and will help space the floor.

Not a 76ers fan but you can win a title with Simmons as your best player on a good team. I don't think you can with Donavan Mitchell unless you have a 3rd star that is close to the second star.

Danny Green.... about done..... ?? Did you see him in the finals? Guy moves as well as I do..... and I move like a 3-legged dog with a broken leg :oops:
I was trying to be polite. It’s Thanksgiving.

Not a 76ers fan but you can win a title with Simmons as your best player on a good team. I don't think you can with Donavan Mitchell unless you have a 3rd star that is close to the second star.
I am not convinced that Simmons could be the number one player on a title team. He can’t score in enough volume. I’d also agree that Donovan would not be able to be the top guy on a championship team, although I would love him to prove me wrong.

I want two things. I want Jo to come into camp in shape for once. And I want Ben to act like he actually wants to win games. If either of those things doesn’t happen, we won’t hang a banner in Philly with this team.

I want two things. I want Jo to come into camp in shape for once. And I want Ben to act like he actually wants to win games. If either of those things doesn’t happen, we won’t hang a banner in Philly with this team.
They both have to happen for Philly to contend.

They both have to happen for Philly to contend.
I was so disenchanted by the end of last season they both may need to happen for me to keep watching!

That is in no way true since I watched every game I could during The Process era, but it still needs to be said!

I am not convinced that Simmons could be the number one player on a title team. He can’t score in enough volume. I’d also agree that Donovan would not be able to be the top guy on a championship team, although I would love him to prove me wrong.
I'm not a 100% convinced either. But he is so good on defense and such an amazing passer and scorer. When I watch him it feels like someone took Draymond and Magic and tried to combined them to make a player. If he just was willing to shoot 2-3 3 pointers a game at 33% he's a top 5 player.

I'd love to have either guy.

I'm not a 100% convinced either. But he is so good on defense and such an amazing passer and scorer. When I watch him it feels like someone took Draymond and Magic and tried to combined them to make a player. If he just was willing to shoot 2-3 3 pointers a game at 33% he's a top 5 player.

I'd love to have either guy.
Fortunately, my team has one of them.

Camps are opening. Preseason games will be upon us. Is anyone excited?

My wounds are still healing from the Sixers playoff bubble fiasco, but it’s a new year and I am ready!

Oh yes. Man, I so looking forward to my two week Christmas break doing zilch and watching lots of basketball.

I'm interested to see how the Warriors fill the void created by Klay Thompson.... I have my doubts
I don’t think it is possible to replace Klay. Wasn’t the Kelly Oubre signing their best effort?

I am very excited to see the 20/21 version of the Suns. CP3 and Crowder are major upgrades. Their toughness will either make Ayton into the top tier player a #1 pick should be....or run him out of the league. That should be the hidden value in those contracts. Plus Booker should feel that the organization is moving into a new phase of truly competing with him in his prime.

Back