I didn't want to start drinking eggnog too early, but since Thanksgiving is this week - it's time. I wonder how it will taste with a shot of Uncle Nearest 1865.

This stuff (whether you like eggnog or not) is literally like crack cocaine. Local dairy. All organic. Nothing crappy or fake or too sweet tasting about it. Pretty sure it’s from the gods..
🤣🤣🤣🤣
9CD0BB69-4906-4AED-8E44-FCC30E545A8C.jpeg

Told the wife to make sure she picked some up today. Just need to get me a small bottle of brandy to go with it.;)

anyone make it homemade?
Yes sir. This is a good recipe. I use half and half instead of whole milk. I've also played around with substituting turbinado sugar (granular and simple syrup) and brown sugar for plain sugar in the yolk mixture. Just a touch of vanilla and salt really brightens the flavor.

anyone make it homemade?
Had a buddy in college that made it from scratch one year. It was an old family recipe and he added Kracken Black Rum and Makers. It was delicious!

Had a buddy in college that made it from scratch one year. It was an old family recipe and he added Kracken Black Rum and Makers. It was delicious!
seems like a lot of work but would love to try it one time. i love egg nog

Told the wife to make sure she picked some up today. Just need to get me a small bottle of brandy to go with it.;)

My better half last night asked me if I liked egg nog. My reply was "yes, if has liquor in it" ;). Didn't have a reason for some brandy, but I do now.

Just picked up that bottle of Basil Haydens last week. Think I'll stick to it by itself and do something a little cheaper with the egg nog.

I like Evan WIlliams for that job.

Yes sir. This is a good recipe. I use half and half instead of whole milk. I've also played around with substituting turbinado sugar (granular and simple syrup) and brown sugar for plain sugar in the yolk mixture. Just a touch of vanilla and salt really brightens the flavor.

I might try this for Christmas, thanks

Just picked up that bottle of Basil Haydens last week. Think I'll stick to it by itself and do something a little cheaper with the egg nog.
Definitely better neat or with an ice cube.

I know of some people that absolutely rave over Alton Brown's egg nog recipe from good eats.

I get it every now and again. Some years more often than others. I find I drink it less as I get older than when I did as a kid.

That Evan Williams looks good, or the Southern Comfort.

CA9287C2-B586-4104-9F4B-2372DF64998A.jpeg

@OITW i may have to indulge just for one cup of eggnog. A friend just dropped this off.
EC59C7C0-889D-41A3-AE27-1C39E5C3A760.jpeg

Definitely need to know your thoughts. Big fan of the nog
I had a glass of Southern Comfort flavored eggnog and put a bit of the Christian Brothers brandy in it. It tasted really good, the brandy is not strong flavored but has nice taste to it.
Definitely a must try if you like brandy. I know this brandy was always in the house growing up.

Yay or nay?

Dang @GolferGal, every night? ;)

I bought the same stuff recently. Let me go see if we have any left...

So, I have always loved eggnog, but I just got the nonalcoholic version. Well, this past weekend we stopped at a local liquor store and I saw eggnog with alcohol and I decided to give it a try. I am now hooked! I put it over some ice and it’s my go to dessert every night, it’s so good!

We picked up this brand, but I would like to try others. What’s your favorite eggnog brand (with or without alcohol)?

View attachment 8974568

Someone let you have non-alcohol egg nog? That’s like fire from the heavens, brimstone from the mantle type blasphemy there!

Eggnog milk shake from Cook-Out!
C31D3FFF-D744-4EBD-8332-DAB4DEC12DCF.jpeg

Back