Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

After a round with my TT Marxman this weekend to see how it compared, the #8 is back in the bag. Just a steady performer. I've been leaving putts a little short with it, but that's something I can work through myself.

30 putts yesterday with the 10.5. Only one 3 putt. I had a round or two when I was really off with the putter, but the last few rounds have been really good.

Getting my 10.5 back on Saturda. Put a BGT tour shaft in it. I am all in with the 10.5 for the next year.

I put in another 18 with the #10.5 yesterday, and there just isn't much to add that I haven't said before, this one is staying in the bag. I even put a Lamkin SinkFit Pistol grip on my HB SOFT #11, that grip is just so good, played it side-by-side on the practice green with the #10.5 for a while, and the #10.5 wins hands down. The premier looks outstanding, and of course I've mentioned that I absolutely love the grip. Feel and sound are very good, speed/distance control is so much better than any insert putter I've ever used, and the #10.5 shape actually works better for me than my #11, which is really the big surprise for me.

Thanks again THP and Cleveland Golf! :drinks:

Last edited:
I got my 10.5 in play today with the new BGT Tour installed. I love it times ten. I had some great lags and dropped 2 birdies from 10 & 15 feet. I am super pleased with this putter.

After a round with my TT Marxman this weekend to see how it compared, the #8 is back in the bag. Just a steady performer. I've been leaving putts a little short with it, but that's something I can work through myself.
Can you compare the width to a Scotty Squareback? Have you seen them side by side per chance? Thanks

4 3 putts and 1 4 putt with the 10.5 today. But I can’t blame the putter for any of those. At least two were due to really long lag putts that I hit way too short. Otherwise I was happy with my putting today, which also included 3 1 putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you compare the width to a Scotty Squareback? Have you seen them side by side per chance? Thanks

Sorry I don't have one on hand. I can tell you that it's slimmer than my Bettinardi Queen Bee 6. I'll get some comparison pics later when I have a chance.

Sorry I don't have one on hand. I can tell you that it's slimmer than my Bettinardi Queen Bee 6. I'll get some comparison pics later when I have a chance.
I bought the HB Premier 8 today. I compared it to the Scotty Squareback and preferred over the more expensive putter. The grip is amazing too.

Comparison pic as promised. Left to right: Bettinardi QB6, HB SOFT Premier #8, Bettinardi SS9. As you can see the shape is much more in line with the SS9 than the QB6. Almost reminds me of my Odyssey Tour Black 1W, though don't remember if it was as long heel to toe.
51304C59-546B-41C1-BEF3-2D3D434ED05A_1_105_c.jpeg

I kind of fell in love with this today.

BCC7F317-3FF3-4252-9047-66159C278BF4.jpeg

853734B6-69B6-4D77-8F2D-84F831CEB348.jpeg

Mine is not the Center Shaft, but my HB SOFT Premier #10.5 has definitely earned it's spot in the bag!

That specific putter feels as soft as any milled putter I have ever rolled.

I thought the exact same thing. It's bordering on insert feel to me, which is actually very pleasing. Even off center hits you still get a somewhat plush feel compared to other milling options.

Comparison pic as promised. Left to right: Bettinardi QB6, HB SOFT Premier #8, Bettinardi SS9. As you can see the shape is much more in line with the SS9 than the QB6. Almost reminds me of my Odyssey Tour Black 1W, though don't remember if it was as long heel to toe.
View attachment 8977681

That #8 looks really freaking good sandwiched between those Bettis. I mean, real good. I should probably stop talking about it and just purchase an 11S already.

I need to try the 11s in the premier line still

I finally managed to track down an 11S in the Soft Premier. 35 inches though, so it needed a cutdown.

Proceeded to absolutely destroy the stock grip that I had wanted to save...... amateur hour here apparently when you haven't touched a club in like 6 months.

Probably going to have to hold off until after Christmas, so I can clear come space out and set up the putting mat again.
Looking forward to putting the work in with this one.

I still dig my #4 Premier. But I also really like my Elevado. And now that I made the firm decision to stick with a traditional grip rather than left hand low, and switched the grip on my Toulon Austin to the new GP ProOnly corded red, I really like it too. Tough call.

I’m also worried about whether the Mizuno IV will woo me with its siren song when it’s released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been gaming my Model 8 during winter golf season here in PA and she’s been great. I’m looking forward to using her all next summer. I wish it was a hair lighter but overall not an issue at all so far.

I picked up a Ping Heppler ZB3 on a whim and it's knocked my HB Premier #4 out of my bag.

The 10.5 is still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KEV
Man, there’s something SO right about this shape.
I totally agree. I was actually doing a little searching on eBay last night trying to find a deal on one. I didn't find anything yet but I have a feeling I'll be trying one sometime.

Back