Cobra KING Supersport 35 Putter

Mine finally shows up today so I can’t wait to get it in hand. Though only putting mat rolls for me as well

Looks like they are out of the RH putter on Cobra's Site.

I really wish people would stop saying it reminds them of a Cure. I still have nightmares of that awful looking thing and that sound.
No sound similarities at all.

First round under the belt and the positives are quite real. The roll was great and I tried with some forward press and without - I think I'm going to get along well with the SIK face. The speed control was OK for the first outing but I'll have to get used to it over time because I couldn't tell if it was the greens running faster or if the putter is a little hotter than my last putter. Nothing crazy but I'd rather have the 2 foot comebacker rather than the 4 footer.

My love affair is a bit on hold, however, because I discovered that the grip is actually on pretty crooked. I contacted Cobra CS and they are sending a new grip (my requested path forward) so we are all set. Not a real problem but it was a sad realization after the anticipation but their CS is top notch, as always.

Should have ho’d one. I can’t believe that I of all people hesitated on a putter.

Should have ho’d one. I can’t believe that I of all people hesitated on a putter.
I'm shocked. Thought a few would last till December.

I'm really, really surprised too because you had the scoop early. I have faith you will find a way to one eventually.

I'm shocked. Thought a few would last till December.
When they said limited, they truly meant limited. Not what crackpot Shiels said. :ROFLMAO:

I'm really, really surprised too because you had the scoop early. I have faith you will find a way to one eventually.
Eventually!

I rolled this for 15 minutes out on a real green during lunch. It is about 40* here and the green had ice on the edges. It also was extremely slow, so it is difficult to take much from it. However, I noted three things.

First, I think the SIK technology is more than a gimmick. I tried rolling putts with more forward press than normal for me. I also tried making contact near the top of the face, as well as near the bottom. The ball seemed to roll the same way, no matter how I struck the putt. This is pretty encouraging for me, because I believe my putting could improve by staying on my line better. If the ball gets rolling quickly when not struck properly, the line should improve.

Second, there is an audible sound when the putter makes contact with the ball. The putter feels fine, but it certainly is not a soft, soft feel.

Three, I like the size of the head. It is confidence inspiring for me and there is some forgiveness to it, as I hit a few off the toe and they rolled out nicely.

First round under the belt and the positives are quite real. The roll was great and I tried with some forward press and without - I think I'm going to get along well with the SIK face. The speed control was OK for the first outing but I'll have to get used to it over time because I couldn't tell if it was the greens running faster or if the putter is a little hotter than my last putter. Nothing crazy but I'd rather have the 2 foot comebacker rather than the 4 footer.

My love affair is a bit on hold, however, because I discovered that the grip is actually on pretty crooked. I contacted Cobra CS and they are sending a new grip (my requested path forward) so we are all set. Not a real problem but it was a sad realization after the anticipation but their CS is top notch, as always.
I am glad, but not surprised that customer service is taking care of you. I have felt like the ball comes off the face a little bit faster with this head than some other putters I use. It’s not a bad thing at all, but it is interesting that you noticed it, as well.

Just a few holes in but leaving a lot short due the the weight. I still have trouble getting the right words for the feel. It's almost bouncy. Definitely softer feel than what I'm used to. It gets rolling quick though even on weird strokes, I do thinks that's some credit to the sik face.

The putter finally showed up! So after my 30 minute crash course use of it I have a few thoughts.

First, this thing is heavy. Compared to my Toulon Chicago, obviously with a stroke lab shaft, this putter has some heft to it. My stroke was off for a little trying to get used to it, but I adjusted relatively quickly. Though my speed control is still lacking at the moment. I will have no doubt I will improve. I did roll three perfect putts in a row from six feet in my puttout though, so it’s very encouraging

Second is it definitely has more of a mallet-y feel to it. No matter where I hit it on the face, the ball stayed on its original line. The thing inspires some confidence and the thing has real forgiveness.

Third is the feel. I rolled softer and harder balls and while I usually like the feel of a softer ball off of a putter, with this face, I much preferred a harder one. The click off of the face is so satisfying. I really wanted to keep rolling it. The softer ball also felt good, don’t get me wrong, but I was really surprised how much I liked the more clicky feel.

Last is, while I would have much preferred a magnetic closing on the stock headcover, I think this head is so chunky that it may be easier to have velcro. I used one of my swag covers on it and it didn’t seem to want close easily. I think the velcro may have been by design, not because they were being cheap. The size of the back of the putter also makes it almost impossible to pick up a ball from the green. Though if I make my putts, I shouldn’t be worrying about that in the first place ;)

This was all done very quickly and only on a putting mat but first impressions are all really positive. I’m excited to keep working with it. Though I have no idea when the next time I can be outside with it will be so it will all be may putting and simulator putting for the winter

The weight aspect has me really intrigued. I've played a Stroke Lab Double Wide since they were first released, so the shape appeals to me. I just hate that the Stroke Lab feels so lightweight. It feels as though it's flailing around during the stroke because there's not enough heft in the head. Really keen to give the Cobra a roll once they shore up the stock.

I rolled this for 15 minutes out on a real green during lunch. It is about 40* here and the green had ice on the edges. It also was extremely slow, so it is difficult to take much from it. However, I noted three things.

First, I think the SIK technology is more than a gimmick. I tried rolling putts with more forward press than normal for me. I also tried making contact near the top of the face, as well as near the bottom. The ball seemed to roll the same way, no matter how I struck the putt. This is pretty encouraging for me, because I believe my putting could improve by staying on my line better. If the ball gets rolling quickly when not struck properly, the line should improve.

Second, there is an audible sound when the putter makes contact with the ball. The putter feels fine, but it certainly is not a soft, soft feel.

Three, I like the size of the head. It is confidence inspiring for me and there is some forgiveness to it, as I hit a few off the toe and they rolled out nicely.
I completely agree on the SIK face. I moved the ball around in my stance and it came off fine each time. Fewer of those strikes that bounced immediately.

Half of me wants to sell this thing to someone it would fit better.
Half of me wants to tinker with the grip and length.
Half of me wants to mount it on the wall.
Wow, that’s one and a half. Lot’s of room for pumpkin pie.

Half of me wants to sell this thing to someone it would fit better.
Half of me wants to tinker with the grip and length.
Half of me wants to mount it on the wall.

TXG released an awesome review of this putter. It is worth a watch. Some of the takeaways:

1. The putter is extremely consistent. They were surprised by its consistency.
2. The sik face technology is real.
3. Like we have said here in this thread, the putter functions very much like a mallet, but has that blade look (albeit larger than a traditional blade).
4. The putter feels not, having a soft, pleasing sensation. There are softer putters, but this leans to that side of the spectrum.

One of the most surprising things to me was that the putter performed better an a slight toe hit than dead in the sweet spot.

Kinda wish I wasn't slow on trying to get one now.

Worse case I'll look at SIK putters in the future. The face tech seems really good.

Back