Official Rant of the Day

Stupid people.
Stupid people driving.
Stupid people driving like stupid people.
Yup, the stupid has fully bloomed here, first snow of the year that is sticking to the roads and you could swear these idjuts grew up in the desert! :mad:

Folded my hand up in a ladder at work. Don't think it's broken, but still not gonna be playing golf for a while.20201125_122129.jpg20201125_122133.jpg

When someone in corporate sends an email to the company and then you get a lot of people that hit reply all!

While typing this message, someone sent a please do not reply all! There is some good in the world!

When someone in corporate sends an email to the company and then you get a lot of people that hit reply all!

While typing this message, someone sent a please do not reply all! There is some good in the world!
Just wait until the reply all’s start rolling in that say “please remove me too”!

This weekend can’t get here soon enough!
966089C5-E86F-40AF-B6A8-D9A4985E7C40.jpeg

Fighting with the Social Security Administration with what they say was an “overpayment” of benefits thus cutting my current monthly benefits. Since our local SSA office is closed because of “The Thing” I get to talk to someone in a cubicle in some far off land that I swear has an elephant in the cubicle with them. I filed a request for waiver with documentation 6 weeks ago and still haven’t heard squat.

I've found the solution to that. As the sender, I add all the individual email addresses to the BCC line.
That way, there is no reply all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Some of you might have read my non-rant in the "banter away" thread yesterday where I had to cancel no less than three scheduled calls for one "super-critical" site in North York.

Well, I arrived slightly ahead of the requested time (11:00), and had to go through a lengthy safety orientation. Then I was informed that the controls weren't finished for the unit I was supposed to be starting.

What time did they finish the two controls required to run the unit? 3:45. I lost daylight at 4:30. I seriously believe that nobody gives a d*** about what my time is worth.

It honestly feels apocalyptic right now - I barely set my phone down and it's ringing again. I was hoping to take one day off sometime just to chill but I don't see that happening.

Thankfully THP is always here. Even if I can't golf. or watch The Match 3.

I've found the solution to that. As the sender, I add all the individual email addresses to the BCC line.
That way, there is no reply all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m in a cbs pickem league with strangers. There’s hundreds of people. Every week the owner of the league sends an email to the league announcing the weeks winner. Every week we get a reply with the winners address and then 30-40 emails saying take me off this and do not reply all.

Some of you might have read my non-rant in the "banter away" thread yesterday where I had to cancel no less than three scheduled calls for one "super-critical" site in North York.

Well, I arrived slightly ahead of the requested time (11:00), and had to go through a lengthy safety orientation. Then I was informed that the controls weren't finished for the unit I was supposed to be starting.

What time did they finish the two controls required to run the unit? 3:45. I lost daylight at 4:30. I seriously believe that nobody gives a d*** about what my time is worth.

It honestly feels apocalyptic right now - I barely set my phone down and it's ringing again. I was hoping to take one day off sometime just to chill but I don't see that happening.

Thankfully THP is always here. Even if I can't golf. or watch The Match 3.
Sorry to hear that your customers aren't supporting you like they should. You'd think that they would with what they're having to pay for your services. <--- this is pure speculation on my part. I have no idea.

When I get frustrated with work, I look at it as "I'm getting paid for this." It helps. A lot of the time it helps. When it doesn't help, there's always golf... or bourbon.:D

Sorry to hear that your customers aren't supporting you like they should. You'd think that they would with what they're having to pay for your services. <--- this is pure speculation on my part. I have no idea.

When I get frustrated with work, I look at it as "I'm getting paid for this." It helps. A lot of the time it helps. When it doesn't help, there's always golf... or bourbon.:D
Ironically it is a different division of my company that is paying for my services.

I went to site this morning, replaced a couple of cables and had the unit up and running in under 30 minutes. My work is done, so I leave site. Get a panic text from the project manager (young and green) at 4:45 that the unit isn't working and they need me there tomorrow. After some texts back and forth it turns out that the unit was running as of 5:30 PM then the controls contractor changed something and shut it down. How exactly is that my problem? "You broke it, you bought it" comes to mind.

Yes, I get paid regardless (well, unless I work before 8:00 or after 5:00, the joy of salary) but it still eats at my core if I can't fix something. In this case I did everything right but you can be sure I won't sleep well tonight. Well, tonight the alcohol will either be a blessing or a curse.

I believe that I successfully communicated the irony that I had to wait 4-1/2 hours yesterday for someone else to do their work so that I could do mine, yet now that someone else has broken the unit I'm expected to jump in and fix it. Nope, they can wait just like I had to.

I had to laugh as I had a call from a different site; there had been several emails over the past couple of days stating that they would be on site and wanted to configure the unit so hopefully I was available. I received a call around 1:30; the first part of the conversation was "I'd like your help to configure this - oh, never mind the power isn't connected yet. I'll get back to you when it is" :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Tell you what - I'll pick you up tomorrow for our round of golf. [next day]. "Oh s*** - I don't have any gas in my tank; can you come pick me up?"

Overbooked golf course with singles who won't pair up, people who blatantly sneak onto the course, and a marshal unwilling to do anything

Ironically it is a different division of my company that is paying for my services.

I went to site this morning, replaced a couple of cables and had the unit up and running in under 30 minutes. My work is done, so I leave site. Get a panic text from the project manager (young and green) at 4:45 that the unit isn't working and they need me there tomorrow. After some texts back and forth it turns out that the unit was running as of 5:30 PM then the controls contractor changed something and shut it down. How exactly is that my problem? "You broke it, you bought it" comes to mind.

Yes, I get paid regardless (well, unless I work before 8:00 or after 5:00, the joy of salary) but it still eats at my core if I can't fix something. In this case I did everything right but you can be sure I won't sleep well tonight. Well, tonight the alcohol will either be a blessing or a curse.

I believe that I successfully communicated the irony that I had to wait 4-1/2 hours yesterday for someone else to do their work so that I could do mine, yet now that someone else has broken the unit I'm expected to jump in and fix it. Nope, they can wait just like I had to.

I had to laugh as I had a call from a different site; there had been several emails over the past couple of days stating that they would be on site and wanted to configure the unit so hopefully I was available. I received a call around 1:30; the first part of the conversation was "I'd like your help to configure this - oh, never mind the power isn't connected yet. I'll get back to you when it is" :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Tell you what - I'll pick you up tomorrow for our round of golf. [next day]. "Oh s*** - I don't have any gas in my tank; can you come pick me up?"
Oh man, the frustration is apparent. Sorry about that. I can totally empathize about having to wait for someone else to do their job before you can get yours done.

Oh man, the frustration is apparent. Sorry about that. I can totally empathize about having to wait for someone else to do their job before you can get yours done.
Thanks! The back-and-forth banter continued until about 8:30 last night, I was requested to return to site this morning however I had to call BS. I'll spare the rest of the details.

On another note, I have two rants for today:

1. people who still drive while holding their cell phone to their ear chatting away. Handsfree has been the law since January 1 of 2019 and the penalty is $ 615.00 yet I still continue to see people doing it. In fact, I saw three separate people today while I was out, not to mention those trying to hide texting while driving
2. people who cruise through town doing 70+ KM/H when the posted limit is 50. I doubt their wife is about to give birth to their first child; you never know when a pedestrian or cyclist may come out from a side street. Are you really in that much of a hurry?

That is all.

Overbooked golf course with singles who won't pair up, people who blatantly sneak onto the course, and a marshal unwilling to do anything
Sounds like the idiots at our course thinking a 6some would be okay to send out when the course is filling up. We had to skip around them because they where not going to let anyone play through.

I’ve just had the worst range session I’ve ever had and that isn’t an exaggeration. I grinded it out for 2.5 hours to see if I could get even a single wheel back on the bus but I couldn’t. While I wanted to give up, I forced myself to play a round on the simulator at the end to see how I would handle it if it happened on the course. It was ugly and I really, really don’t want to swing like that again. Ever. This game is hard.

I’ve just had the worst range session I’ve ever had and that isn’t an exaggeration. I grinded it out for 2.5 hours to see if I could get even a single wheel back on the bus but I couldn’t. While I wanted to give up, I forced myself to play a round on the simulator at the end to see how I would handle it if it happened on the course. It was ugly and I really, really don’t want to swing like that again. Ever. This game is hard.
Been there before. Helps me to take a little bit of time away. Give the mind some time to shake that bad experience.

Been there before. Helps me to take a little bit of time away. Give the mind some time to shake that bad experience.
For SURE! I have most of it on tape and I’m breaking down what went wrong. It would be a shorter list to list what went right but tomorrow is another day.

Back