Cobra KING Supersport 35 Putter

I rolled this for 15 minutes out on a real green during lunch. It is about 40* here and the green had ice on the edges. It also was extremely slow, so it is difficult to take much from it. However, I noted three things.

First, I think the SIK technology is more than a gimmick. I tried rolling putts with more forward press than normal for me. I also tried making contact near the top of the face, as well as near the bottom. The ball seemed to roll the same way, no matter how I struck the putt. This is pretty encouraging for me, because I believe my putting could improve by staying on my line better. If the ball gets rolling quickly when not struck properly, the line should improve.

Second, there is an audible sound when the putter makes contact with the ball. The putter feels fine, but it certainly is not a soft, soft feel.

Three, I like the size of the head. It is confidence inspiring for me and there is some forgiveness to it, as I hit a few off the toe and they rolled out nicely.
Yup, the SIK variable loft design is legit, no matter how you putt.

Kinda wish I wasn't slow on trying to get one now.

Worse case I'll look at SIK putters in the future. The face tech seems really good.
I would bet a fair amount that this is not the end of Cobra putters.

I would bet a fair amount that this is not the end of Cobra putters.
Agreed. No reason to check the interest, sell out, and not launch something.

Yeah I expect we'll see some new iterations in 2021. Hopefully they'll put out something that'll work for me.

No beating around the bush... I freaking love this putter. Got out today for 18 in some very brisk weather. No three putts. 31 total putts. The consistency with lag putts is as good as any putter I have ever tried. The SIK face really gets the ball rolling well. I am really happy I got one.

No beating around the bush... I freaking love this putter. Got out today for 18 in some very brisk weather. No three putts. 31 total putts. The consistency with lag putts is as good as any putter I have ever tried. The SIK face really gets the ball rolling well. I am really happy I got one.

Looking forward to your longterm thoughts. How is the wear? Anything abnormal?

That’s solid feedback. Glad it’s working for you.

Looking forward to your longterm thoughts. How is the wear? Anything abnormal?
Nothing abnormal with respect to wear, but it is only one round. I am one who throws the head cover right back on a putter, though.

Last edited:
Still kicking myself over this one.

Love hearing this about the lag putts. It's what I do better with a mallet, but closer putts I'm better with a blade with the added feel. This putter continues to intrigue me. Thanks for the great feedback!

I absolutely love my Bird of Prey and the AZ guys can vouch for how good I am with it....but all of this feedback and the idea of FOURteen Cobra clubs sure has me intrigued for the future releases

Agreed. I’m having darn good luck with mine and I have less than 30 putts today. Some of that was good chipping but I made some putts I normally don’t and scared the hole a lot. Playing partners mentioned I was putting better than normal (but didn’t notice the new flatstick). Lateral forgiveness in a blade is an interesting concept that definitely has a future.
Love hearing this about the lag putts. It's what I do better with a mallet, but closer putts I'm better with a blade with the added feel. This putter continues to intrigue me. Thanks for the great feedback!
I’m the same way - I make more with a blade but lag better with a mallet (off center speed drop kills me with blades on longer putts). This is turning out to be a happy medium.

I had a client bring one into the shop today so I got a chance to hit a few putts with it. I was very impressed with the feel, I have SIK putters in the shop, so I was familiar with the face technology. I do like the way that the face on the Cobra putter highlights the variable loft of the SIK face, visual tech always helps tell the story.

Agreed. I’m having darn good luck with mine and I have less than 30 putts today. Some of that was good chipping but I made some putts I normally don’t and scared the hole a lot. Playing partners mentioned I was putting better than normal (but didn’t notice the new flatstick). Lateral forgiveness in a blade is an interesting concept that definitely has a future.

I’m the same way - I make more with a blade but lag better with a mallet (off center speed drop kills me with blades on longer putts). This is turning out to be a happy medium.

the bolded though.... 🤤 🤤 🤤

So I had my first sim league 9 hole match tonight and decided to put this in the bag. I will preface this with I understand sim putting is absolutely different than putting on a real green but I was able to make some attempts at putts of real length. Still, take my thoughts with that in mind.

First thing I want to say is I adore the feel of this putter. The ball comes off the face and it just feels and sounds great. Honestly, Shiels must have concrete for hands if he thinks this thing doesn't feel good.

Second thing is as much as I loved the feel, my distance control was pretty poor today with it. I legitimately had eight out of nine holes with birdie putts tonight and only made one. I left the other seven short by decent margins most of the time. All of them were within 10-22 feet so it's not like I was trying to lag the ball up there. Now this head and shaft combo is heavier than my gamer, Toulon Chicago. And while it's not a lot heavier, that weight difference is messing with me a little thinking that I don't have to hit the ball as hard as I should be since I'm used to something lighter. That is all on me and something I need to figure out myself, and is by no means a fault of the putter, I just wanted to put it out there that I did struggle with distance today.

But regarding the line I was able to put the ball on was close to perfect. If I didn't hit the damn ball with my purse all night, I could have possibly been roughly -6 (finished at even par) or so through nine holes with 10-12 putts. That's how well this thing was rolling on the line I started it on. I really think this putter is the real deal. I just have issues to fix with how hard I think I have to hit the ball.

After the round we played another nine and I purposely used the whole face to hit putts and this thing is nutty when it comes to stability. I was trying to hit the full on toe and heel of the blade and the ball stayed true on the line and was rarely losing distance compared to how I was normally hitting in the center of the face. It has crazy forgiveness and truly feels like I'm putting with a mallet even though I'm looking at a blade.

Like I said, this was all done on a simulator but the simulator we have has specific sensors for putting as well so I feel like it is pretty darn accurate. I still love my Chicago and trust that club fully but I'm loving my first interactions with the Cobra putter and can't wait to keep using it.

So I had my first sim league 9 hole match tonight and decided to put this in the bag. I will preface this with I understand sim putting is absolutely different than putting on a real green but I was able to make some attempts at putts of real length. Still, take my thoughts with that in mind.

First thing I want to say is I adore the feel of this putter. The ball comes off the face and it just feels and sounds great. Honestly, Shiels must have concrete for hands if he thinks this thing doesn't feel good.

Second thing is as much as I loved the feel, my distance control was pretty poor today with it. I legitimately had eight out of nine holes with birdie putts tonight and only made one. I left the other seven short by decent margins most of the time. All of them were within 10-22 feet so it's not like I was trying to lag the ball up there. Now this head and shaft combo is heavier than my gamer, Toulon Chicago. And while it's not a lot heavier, that weight difference is messing with me a little thinking that I don't have to hit the ball as hard as I should be since I'm used to something lighter. That is all on me and something I need to figure out myself, and is by no means a fault of the putter, I just wanted to put it out there that I did struggle with distance today.

But regarding the line I was able to put the ball on was close to perfect. If I didn't hit the damn ball with my purse all night, I could have possibly been roughly -6 (finished at even par) or so through nine holes with 10-12 putts. That's how well this thing was rolling on the line I started it on. I really think this putter is the real deal. I just have issues to fix with how hard I think I have to hit the ball.

After the round we played another nine and I purposely used the whole face to hit putts and this thing is nutty when it comes to stability. I was trying to hit the full on toe and heel of the blade and the ball stayed true on the line and was rarely losing distance compared to how I was normally hitting in the center of the face. It has crazy forgiveness and truly feels like I'm putting with a mallet even though I'm looking at a blade.

Like I said, this was all done on a simulator but the simulator we have has specific sensors for putting as well so I feel like it is pretty darn accurate. I still love my Chicago and trust that club fully but I'm loving my first interactions with the Cobra putter and can't wait to keep using it.
It is interesting. I had ordered a Chicago from the Garage and had just put it into play when these became available. Had I known about these, I would not have ordered the Chicago. Anyway, we are coming from a similar perspective. Even though the Chicago is a wide blade, these play quite differently. I like them both a great deal, but going into 2021, this is going to be in the bag until it betrays me, LOL.

Very good information in this thread. I am more of a mallet guy, so hoping they come out with a few different versions next year.

That TXG review was pretty solid. Really impressive how consistent the numbers were.

Alright. So which of you yahoos is selling me yours :ROFLMAO:

Alright. So which of you yahoos is selling me yours :ROFLMAO:
I am actually surprised that there aren’t more listed on eBay, than the one with a purchase price of over $700.

Before I get into my thoughts from using this putter yesterday I’m going to throw in a bit of history. I started out with a Ping Zing 2 putter way back in the day. It was super light and never really worked for me, it would shake all around if there was wind or I wasn’t super steady. Moved on from that to a Mallet that I never really got along with, to finally a Scotty Newport something that looks a lot like the double wide. The weight on that Scotty helped a great deal and my putting improved a bit. The last year I’ve been playing a stroke lab 10 with more improvement.

When this came in I was super happy with the weight but the blade length is looooong and I think that will take a bit to get used to. Either way as others have mentioned the face feels a bit firm but certainly not harsh and the sound is good, probably a little more firm than the 10 I’ve been using. I hit some pretty darn solid putts yesterday along with a little tricky down hill curler that made a $40 swing in wolf. Others have mentioned how this seems to track right on line when you hit it and I’ll echo that. I would say that I probably had 4-5 longer putts (15-20’ range) that I snuggled up to a foot or less. That’s probably as tight or better than I would normally hope for from that distance. I also made several putts from 5-8’ that were lets say 50-50 putts. As the round went on I got a little more comfortable and really felt like I had a chance to make any of the “make able” putts I had. I have to think there is something to that Sik face technology, very few hops off of the face, it just seems to get rolling right away. The greens were pretty slow so it’s hard to say for sure but it does seem like the ball comes off a little hot, but not in a bad way.

Part of me wishes I would have left the plastic on and kept it as a sort of collector item, part of me knows this putter has a real chance to make the bag long term. It’s just one round but my initial reaction is very positive for what I would call a mallety blade, or bladey mallet if you will. I don’t know if I’ll get back out this year, I feel like I’m still warming up after yesterday’s round but I want to get this out for more testing.

Another round. 30 putts today. A couple of birdie putts dropped. Another round with no 3 putts.

Back