TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods

The sim ti will not get out of my head, I am trying to hold off until the new one is released but as many have mentioned I’m not sure TM is going to be able to improve these fairways. I currently have the max & I really can’t complain but I would like the option to open up the face a bit which has me thinking a 5 would might be the better option for me? I haven’t played a 5 wood since the original razrfit Callaway

Went to demo some clubs today and they didn't have the titanium. Hit the none-titanium version and was underwhelmed.

To be fair, I kind of wonder if you get used to your current setup, so when you go demo a different head and shaft, maybe it takes some getting used to.

Anyone have comments on the titanium off the deck?

Last edited:
Went to demo some clubs today and they didn't have the titanium. Hit the none-titanium version and was underwhelmed.

To be fair, I kind of wonder if you get used to your current setup, so when you go demo a different head and shaft, maybe it takes some getting used to.

I’ve got several through here on it. Both my Ti 3w and 5w are a hoot from the turf.

Late to the party. Haven’t been carrying a fairway wood in the bag for a while now. I go from driver to 19 hybrid. Can’t hit a 3 wood reliably so just stopped carrying it. It’s a Titleist 913 with Diamana white.

I decided to try and fill that gap with a 4 wood and the new TSI line has a 4 wood. Went to local shop to give it a shot. Liked it but didn’t love it. Good shots were good but many not so good shots as well. Incrementally better than my 3 wood. Also tried the Maverick 3 wood (to match one of my drivers) and honestly that was no better than my 3 wood from a consistency perspective. Then tried the SIM max 3 wood and only hit a few shots but it definitely made an impression.

I went home and did some research and learned that the Ti version of the SIM is adjustable. Even better, the 5 wood version turned down 2 degrees opens up the face. So it’s a shorter club, bigger forgiving head, and open face. Gotta give this thing a try.

Went back to the store and this time tried just the TSI 4 wood against the SIM TI 5 wood turned down to 17. To say it wasn’t a competition would be an understatement. The SIM launched higher which I wanted and was way way way more consistent. Super easy to launch. The only aspect of the TSI that won was in the beauty category, and I would say a slight advantage in the feel category, though the crack of the SIM titanium is addicting!

Anyway I’m the proud and excited owner of a SiM Ti 5 wood with stock Diamana stuff. BTW that shaft is just the perfect stiffness for me. After reading some of the feedback on this thread though it has me curious that another shaft could make it even better. How’s that possible?? Lol

The last TM fairway wood I owned was the V-steel, and that’s clearly a mistake on my part. Can’t wait to get this thing on the course!

Yes, it is tougher when you are accustomed to one feel and try going to something completely different. I am transitioning from TEE to TM Sim Ti - not easy for me but working with my instructor.

Spent time with the SIM Ti 3 wood with my instructor - I am not a high speed swinger, couldn't be further. But the 3 wd at 15 with an 87 SS was getting ball speed of 131 with 205 of carry. My goal was 210 of carry but after hitting 106 3 wood shots, the old man thing took over - fatigue.

Tried a couple of shafts - best performing was a TPT Red Prototype, also best feel. Tried a series 19 and 16 - the only ones available. But he said to wait for the 17 or 18... These shafts feel phenomenal.

After swing instruction and having me work on a few things, I hit a couple with high flight and called it a day. It was 2 hrs. Then I went on the SAM to see which of my fleet of putters was the best fit (SWAG Savage Too won out). Then we did the putting lesson on what he didn't like. Then he advised me to buy a Live View Pro Setup for my range sessions.

But the SIM Ti 3 wd was impressive, so I went to the bay and bought a slightly used SIM Ti 5 wd. Will wait for the TPT Red fairways to get out of prototype.

Last edited:
Went into my local store today with the full intention on buying a G410 3 wood since I'm a ping guy. They had the TM sims in a bag with a sale sign, some were wrapped but most looked like store demos. long story short hit a few and the sim titanium was just wow. I saw a brand new sim titanium 3 wood in the bag and asked the sales rep if that was included in the price and was told yes. Walked out with a new TM I had no thought of buying and at a great price too. These fairway woods fly.

Trying to decide if I should just move my SIM Ti 15* 3W with new stuff coming. I love it, but I realize I mostly stopped playing it because it was almost too long to fit in with the rest of the bag. I haven't used it in a couple months or more. It's hard to want to keep go of a club that really is awesome, but if you don't play it anyway... ?

Glad I talked that through. Lol

Trying to decide if I should just move my SIM Ti 15* 3W with new stuff coming. I love it, but I realize I mostly stopped playing it because it was almost too long to fit in with the rest of the bag. I haven't used it in a couple months or more. It's hard to want to keep go of a club that really is awesome, but if you don't play it anyway... ?

Glad I talked that through. Lol
Fairways are overrated. Do it.

The more I hit the SIM Ti the more I love it. Haven’t had it to the course yet, maybe in a few weeks while on vacation in a warmer climate, but can’t wait. I find myself giving it more shots at the range than any other club maybe because it continues to surprise me that I’m actually hitting a fairway wood this good! 😂 and the more I hear the crack of the collision the more I enjoy it. Just sounds so powerful and the speed of the ball leaving the face is ridiculous. All with a high launch. All these years without having a good fairway wood, maybe that’s behind me now.

The more I hit the SIM Ti the more I love it. Haven’t had it to the course yet, maybe in a few weeks while on vacation in a warmer climate, but can’t wait. I find myself giving it more shots at the range than any other club maybe because it continues to surprise me that I’m actually hitting a fairway wood this good! 😂 and the more I hear the crack of the collision the more I enjoy it. Just sounds so powerful and the speed of the ball leaving the face is ridiculous. All with a high launch. All these years without having a good fairway wood, maybe that’s behind me now.
The ball speeds are insane. More than I got out of any other fairway, or hybrid, this year.

I can’t believe there have been no mention of the sim2 fairways especially since pics have dropped of the sim2 drivers. I played the max all year and will most likely pick up a 3 ti, trying to hold off till the new one drops just to see but can’t imagine it being any better than the 2020 versions

Got an early morning session in with the new TI 3 wood. My normal carry with my Ping G 3 wood is 227. I was seeing a carry of 243! I carry my ping G 5 wood 221 so have been tinkering around with something that will actually help fill this spot. I've hated on taylor made in the past but this is fun to swing, it feels nice as it just feels smooth and the ball jumps off the face. Chalk up another THP review(s) that pushed me towards a product I would have never of tried based on my thoughts towards TM and my love of Ping.

I can’t believe there have been no mention of the sim2 fairways especially since pics have dropped of the sim2 drivers. I played the max all year and will most likely pick up a 3 ti, trying to hold off till the new one drops just to see but can’t imagine it being any better than the 2020 versions
Honestly, I think there’s no chance they can improve these. :oops:

Reactions: MH
Honestly, I think there’s no chance they can improve these. :oops:

I was getting higher than optimal Trackman numbers with the SIM Ti and 1.5 smash. So I bought a shop worn SIM Ti 5 wd, and have a SIM Max Hybrid coming, who knows when with Covid but they are estimating 3 weeks for just a stock purchase. Now I need an R Flex shaft for that SIM Ti 5 wd.

I was getting higher than optimal Trackman numbers with the SIM Ti and 1.5 smash. So I bought a shop worn SIM Ti 5 wd, and have a SIM Max Hybrid coming, who knows when with Covid but they are estimating 3 weeks for just a stock purchase. Now I need an R Flex shaft for that SIM Ti 5 wd.
The 5 wood is glorious!

I was fit for the SIM Max rocket 3 and 5W last January. Loved what I saw on the Trackman but never did have a good swing on the course all year. For a while I was hitting a pretty decent cut with the 5W but then got to where I couldn’t hit either at all.

I have been spending sometime on the range the last week or 2 working on some things and usually I don’t even bother trying to hit my fairways but for some reason pulled them out. I guess all my work on my swing is paying off because they are back with a vengeance.

It is literally to the point that if I keep hitting the rocket 3 as well as I have been I may be using it off the tee more often then my driver. In the last 2 range trips I am hitting it dead straight shot after shot. Distance has been really good and I have even hit a couple of what I consider the prettiest 3W I have ever hit. 2-3 went off the back of the range with an amazing ball flight.

I have to say I am loving the confidence I am starting to build with them again and I do think I can better my scores if I can keep hitting them this well. I have enough distance I just don’t need to hit driver on most holes at my home course. There is even a par 5 I would use it for. Not necessarily because I can get there in 2. Very few people are going to reach that one because of how it is laid out. It is more because the fairway is very narrow in the landing area where most longer tee shots are going land and a miss left puts you in a creek most the time and a miss right puts you in thick rough with the ball severely above your feet. There is plenty room for a layup shot and since I always layup on that hole I feel it would be much wiser to tee off with the 3W if I am hitting it this straight in the fairyway and hit a longer iron for my layup. That hole can be so brutal. I have seen a lot of 9s and 10s on that hole from guys who are for the most part good golfers. Most golfers hope to escape with a bogey but I feel like I can start expecting par or better with a well placed tee shot.

I may play later today and give it a whirl. I have really liked these fairways since I hit them in my fitting and been wishing my swing would come back with my fairways. Starting to fall in love with them all over again haha

Back