Cobra KING Supersport 35 Putter

some more indoor putting is inching me closer to changing the grip and lengthening to 35"

The feel and roll is so good. And I don't hate looking at it like most mallets.
The weight is the one thing that might hold me back long-term. maybe a counterweight grip....:unsure:

Obviously way late to this thread and it's sold out so no ho'ing.

I like the look of this putter. The shape frames the ball well and the sight line (dot would have been better) is on the topline where the golf gods intended it to be. As a bonus, the lattice is cool looking.

IMHO, Cobra has a winning combination of the Sik face and 3D printing. The initial reviews by THPer's seem to support the opinion. Hopefully, additional models will be announced soon.

So I had my second sim league night and this time did not go as well as the first with the putter. I'm loving everything about it but I continue to struggle with my distance control. I just can't get a feel for it and that is on me. I continue to put the ball on a great line but I'm either really short or I blow it by the hole. I honestly don't leave much close if the putt is outside 15 feet. Distance control to this degree has not been an issue for me for almost the whole season once I put the Chicago in the bag. I had a 15 footer and a 17 footer for birdies tonight and left them both five feet short. That should never happen. It may be in my head at this point.

I have another sim session lined up for Saturday. I'm going to bring my Chicago so I have both of them at the same time and see if my putting stoke is messed up or possibly see if the putter just isn't a fit for me. Again, the feel was outstanding and the look of the head behind the ball is great. It just may not work for me and that's okay because I know plenty of others are loving it! I really wish I could put this to work outside and get a true feel for it, but that's what I get for living where I do and Cobra releasing a putter in November lol

Article in Popular Science came up on my news feed
Article here

Article in Popular Science came up on my news feed
Article here
Interesting article! According to the article, this Cobra putter has an MOI of around 5000, which is similar to the EXO Marxman and higher than the original Spider Tour. It definitely is higher than the standard Anser-style blade, which most of us are sensing as we use it.

Interesting article! According to the article, this Cobra putter has an MOI of around 5000, which is similar to the EXO Marxman and higher than the original Spider Tour. It definitely is higher than the standard Anser-style blade, which most of us are sensing as we use it.

How are you doing with this and alignment, I keep watching the videos and trying to figure out if it's good for that and how it frames the ball

How are you doing with this and alignment, I keep watching the videos and trying to figure out if it's good for that and how it frames the ball
I have only played two rounds with it and rolled it outside for forty minutes or so, but I feel like it frames the ball well. It certainly can’t do what something like Triple Track or a Two Ball would do, but the angles created by the lighter upper frame of the head and the black lattice structure help frame the ball nicely, at least for me.

I seem the be hitting with a slightly closed face. I think it's more of a grip issue though.

I seem the be hitting with a slightly closed face. I think it's more of a grip issue though.
I have seen more than one post about the grip being an issue. I assume they chose that grip because of weight and balance, how do you think it would affect the putter if you changed it?

I have seen more than one post about the grip being an issue. I assume they chose that grip because of weight and balance, how do you think it would affect the putter if you changed it?

hopefully get more consistent with my arc like on my other putters.
concern would be it would make a heavy putter heavier, especially if i lengthen to 35" as well.

Are the issues with the grips themselves, or the fact that some may not have been put on the putter properly aligned to the face (like @Molten)

Are the issues with the grips themselves, or the fact that some may not have been put on the putter properly aligned to the face (like @Molten)
I can only speak for myself, but I love that grip. It might be good to check grip alignment, if anyone is struggling. I would hope and think it would be a very isolated thing.

Are you missing left more or overcompensating and missing right?

I was wondering about the grip, as someone who prefers a pistol style I would be torn on this one. I like the looks and having an embedded CC sensor is such a win, but definitely a few things that would make me hesitate

i don't like the shape, but also mine is also aligned a few degrees off.
Thats kind of crazy that multiple THPer putters have the grips crooked.

Are you missing left more or overcompensating and missing right?

I was wondering about the grip, as someone who prefers a pistol style I would be torn on this one. I like the looks and having an embedded CC sensor is such a win, but definitely a few things that would make me hesitate
I am glad that I really like the grip, because the imbedded sensor is huge.

Thats kind of crazy that multiple THPer putters have the grips crooked.

I wonder in a limited release what the total percentage would be.

Is this style of grip similar to one that you were gaming prior?
To borrow another Star Wars reference, since it is being used cleverly in another thread (thanks, @jdtox), I am not grip sensitive. I have several different grips and they all are fine with me.

Is this style of grip similar to one that you were gaming prior?
I played a SS 3.0 for a long time and still have it on a putter and like it.

have been trending to smaller more traditional grips though.

Back