I haven’t played a round with my GS53 Max, I’ll put it in the bag this weekend. I never hit Drivers well for some reason in a Sim.

But here are some numbers from the Sim. The Mavrik SZ has a Helium & the GS53 Max has a LIN-Q purple. Bridgestone RX was the ball.

View attachment 8977559
View attachment 8977560
How much of the spin drop would you attribute to the GS53Max or the Lin-Q shaft over the Mav SZ?

How much of the spin drop would you attribute to the GS53Max or the Lin-Q shaft over the Mav SZ?
The Helium should spin more than the LIN-Q, so maybe that could cause some difference.

Both heads are low spin heads...

I look forward to testing this one out some tomorrow. No monitor first day, just a guy hitting bombs :ROFLMAO:

I haven’t played a round with my GS53 Max, I’ll put it in the bag this weekend. I never hit Drivers well for some reason in a Sim.

But here are some numbers from the Sim. The Mavrik SZ has a Helium & the GS53 Max has a LIN-Q purple. Bridgestone RX was the ball.

View attachment 8977559
View attachment 8977560

What degree is the Mavrik SZ? The GS53 Max is 9 degrees correct? I am surprised, with the Helium in the SZ, that the Max launched that much higher. I put my Helium in my regular GS53 for the first time in over a year today and had to decrease the loft to 9.5. I am torn between ordering a 9 and 10.5 in the Max so will be following this thread closely to see if it helps me make a better determination.

It's weird... With all the matte finishes going on right now, I almost miss it.

I have never experienced any glare issues off the regular GS53 and it is glossy as well.

For what it’s worth @Canadan and @Sox_Fan I was referring the the Hogan medallion being mirrored rather than the gloss crown ;)

What degree is the Mavrik SZ? The GS53 Max is 9 degrees correct? I am surprised, with the Helium in the SZ, that the Max launched that much higher. I put my Helium in my regular GS53 for the first time in over a year today and had to decrease the loft to 9.5. I am torn between ordering a 9 and 10.5 in the Max so will be following this thread closely to see if it helps me make a better determination.
The Mavrik SZ is a 10.5° set to -1/D
The GS53 Max is a 9° set at its neutral setting
I’ll see if I can borrow the launch monitor at take the testing outdoors at some point.

For what it’s worth @Canadan and @Sox_Fan I was referring the the Hogan medallion being mirrored rather than the gloss crown ;)
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I read it wrong then hahaha! mirrored finish on the logo is very cool.

Oh, and.....

DSC01638-XL.jpg

DSC01632-XL.jpg

DSC01630-XL.jpg
This is really nice looking, thanks for sharing, interested in hearing feedback on it also.

View attachment 8977559
View attachment 8977560
Very similar to what I saw. Low spin (which everybody saw down at the THP Experience) and overall decent club head. I will say lots light years ahead of their other model in my opinion.

$355?!?! I might grab one of these with a Helium in it on principle. How hard is it to get adapters?

$355?!?! I might grab one of these with a Helium in it on principle. How hard is it to get adapters?

They sell them on their website.

Very similar to what I saw. Low spin (which everybody saw down at the THP Experience) and overall decent club head. I will say lots light years ahead of their other model in my opinion.

Do you think it would benefit someone who hits the regular model well, to try this out as well? I don't have many complaints about the GS53 but if I could be leaving something on the table, I'd like to give it a try.

Do you think it would benefit someone who hits the regular model well, to try this out as well? I don't have many complaints about the GS53 but if I could be leaving something on the table, I'd like to give it a try.

Not sure, but they are really different drivers.
The Max is more forgiving, especially laterally, but also lower spin. So it will depend on the golfer. I much preferred the max.

The fact that @BHGtylerb put the GS53Max in his bag is very telling to me!

Played 18 today. First swings in 2.5 weeks :oops:

Quick and dirty thoughts before I dive in more post kiddo bedtime....

1) Damn fine looking driver at address. Larger front to back than my EXS Pro, but it‘s a clean shape. No angular here.

2) Forgiving. Much more so than the GS53 I reviewed, I can tel that already.

3) It’s....boisterous, truly. On the metallic end as well sound wise.

4) The LOW spin is real, based on my carry numbers with the 10.5 and some of the heights I saw, the distance was DEEP. I hit the GS53 in the 2200 range, I bet this is lower for me by a chunk.

5) I drove a green with it today. And I mean DROVE it.

More soon. Promise.

Cleveland Turbo boisterous?
I'm shocked by the low spin talk. Same goes from the guys at the event.

Played 18 today. First swings in 2.5 weeks :oops:

Quick and dirty thoughts before I dive in more post kiddo bedtime....

1) Damn fine looking driver at address. Larger front to back than my EXS Pro, but it‘s a clean shape. No angular here.

2) Forgiving. Much more so than the GS53 I reviewed, I can tel that already.

3) It’s....boisterous, truly. On the metallic end as well sound wise.

4) The LOW spin is real, based on my carry numbers with the 10.5 and some of the heights I saw, the distance was DEEP. I hit the GS53 in the 2200 range, I bet this is lower for me by a chunk.

5) I drove a green with it today. And I mean DROVE it.

More soon. Promise.
I don't have your swing speed, it was not boisterous in my hands compared to my Epic Flash...maybe I never found the center. 🤷‍♂️

I don't have your swing speed, it was not boisterous in my hands compared to my Epic Flash...maybe I never found the center. 🤷‍♂️
I hit it about 24 times today (hit extras off tees for testing purposes and two off the deck for S&G’s), and it’s not a muted driver by any stretch, I’ll definitely stand by that.

Cleveland Turbo boisterous?
I'm shocked by the low spin talk. Same goes from the guys at the event.

Nah, that one is on the obnoxious side of sounds. This one has got some resonance to it and definitely not a sound I’d expect out of so much carbon in the crown.

But it’s going to come in lower spin for sure when I get data. I think it’s going to push breaking that 2k barrier for me.

Back