L.A.B. Directed Force Putters

Awesome. The only complaint I’ve read about was that many had to hit it harder or swing thru more as they seemed to leave putts shorter with that thing. Like the ball came off dead. Weird, y’all don’t seem to share the same feelings.

Awesome. The only complaint I’ve read about was that many had to hit it harder or swing thru more as they seemed to leave putts shorter with that thing. Like the ball came off dead. Weird, y’all don’t seem to share the same feelings.
I didn’t think that anything came off dead to me today. It was quite amazing to me and my playing partners today when I had a couple of 15 footers sinking one and coming close to sinking the 2nd.

I guess everything is subjective. Maybe it's the ball they use, insert, shaft. Just hit a Bett Inovai 60, Swag and LAB with a CS - My LAB has the Breakthrough Golf shaft (a bit firmer shaft) so my LAB will be different than stock. I suspect the stock shaft is softer. My LAB has more sound, not as soft but not firm, while the other two have a softer voice. With deeper milling and inserts, some putters have little sound. It all depends on whether you can adjust.

I guess everything is subjective. Maybe it's the ball they use, insert, shaft. Just hit a Bett Inovai 60, Swag and LAB with a CS - My LAB has the Breakthrough Golf shaft (a bit firmer shaft) so my LAB will be different than stock. I suspect the stock shaft is softer. My LAB has more sound, not as soft but not firm, while the other two have a softer voice. With deeper milling and inserts, some putters have little sound. It all depends on whether you can adjust.

How do you like that stability shaft? Notice any difference with it?

How do you like that stability shaft? Notice any difference with it?

Truthfully, I think you'd need before and after statistics. And I do not have them. If you believe in the tech, then it gives you more confidence, With the LAB, I did not have a direction issue, it was more of a long distance issue.

But it is consistent in squaring up.

Truthfully, I think you'd need before and after statistics. And I do not have them. If you believe in the tech, then it gives you more confidence, With the LAB, I did not have a direction issue, it was more of a long distance issue.

But it is consistent in squaring up.

@Minarets I don't think the LAB head is heavy enough to make that investment. I was one of the first to buy a Breakthrough Stability, and I would now save it for a heavier head. I may take it out and put it in my SeeMore and see what happens and have the LAB re-shafted to its original shaft and grip.

I did get to hit one on Sat at Club Champion. they had a fixed model that was a little too upright for me, and a demo adjusting lie angle version. they had all the grips there for me to see. was very interesting in feel. they had a stability shaft in a blade to feel as well as a LAGP shaft that felty incredible in a different putter. couldn't really tell if that was the head or the shaft.

it is definitely an interesting feeling the first time using it. almost, like i don't care for it from trying to manipulate too much of the head. i think if i bought one and learned to let the putter do the work and just worry about the line and staring point it could be lethal. its just getting my head around trying not to do it all. the looks don't bother me and neither does the ball position up in the stance as i already do this (just not quite as much) with my Ping Ketsch. the biggest issue is i already forward press and telling myself to not forward press felt awkward at first, but again, with some practice that would be no big deal. i liked it.

the face feeling fears went away when i hit it. so thanks to all who mentioned it. some of the YT reviews sounded tingy when it was hit. it felt solid and softer when i tried it.

I did get to hit one on Sat at Club Champion. they had a fixed model that was a little too upright for me, and a demo adjusting lie angle version. they had all the grips there for me to see. was very interesting in feel. they had a stability shaft in a blade to feel as well as a LAGP shaft that felty incredible in a different putter. couldn't really tell if that was the head or the shaft.

it is definitely an interesting feeling the first time using it. almost, like i don't care for it from trying to manipulate too much of the head. i think if i bought one and learned to let the putter do the work and just worry about the line and staring point it could be lethal. its just getting my head around trying not to do it all. the looks don't bother me and neither does the ball position up in the stance as i already do this (just not quite as much) with my Ping Ketsch. the biggest issue is i already forward press and telling myself to not forward press felt awkward at first, but again, with some practice that would be no big deal. i liked it.

the face feeling fears went away when i hit it. so thanks to all who mentioned it. some of the YT reviews sounded tingy when it was hit. it felt solid and softer when i tried it.

:) Haven't forward pressed in years as I think it can throw off your aim. LAB is a different putter. Are they still $400? I putted well with it for about 2 yrs but on long putts (over 30 feet), I had issues with distance control. I've kept it around to see if my technique would change and it has - BTW, I don't use the LAB grip which gives you a built-in forward press.

Will put it back in rotation but then weird me bought a Swag Savage Too a couple of weeks ago and now it's my favorite 365g, 35 inch putter of all time - you'd think it would feel heavy, but no.

:) Haven't forward pressed in years as I think it can throw off your aim. LAB is a different putter. Are they still $400? I putted well with it for about 2 yrs but on long putts (over 30 feet), I had issues with distance control. I've kept it around to see if my technique would change and it has - BTW, I don't use the LAB grip which gives you a built-in forward press.

Will put it back in rotation but then weird me bought a Swag Savage Too a couple of weeks ago and now it's my favorite 365g, 35 inch putter of all time - you'd think it would feel heavy, but no.
yup, they are $425, if you get the standard KBS shaft. add $235 if you want the stbaility tour shaft. i have forward pressed for a long time so its natural to me, so i have to unthink it with this bad boy. still trying to decide if i want to pull the trigger

I got mine without the stability shaft for $300 total. It was a overrun from Lab direct with my exact specs.

I had luck on their eBay store picking up a "factory seconds" one directly from them. You would just have to have a rough estimate what length and lie angle fit you best. Looks like their eBay store is a little light at the moment though.

Email Matt@labgolf.com is the best way to see if they have any seconds or overruns. You will need to send in a video of your putting stoke against a 90* angled wall, but he will fix you up.

Chalk me up as one that really likes this putter. But I would not call it soft feeling.

Chalk me up as one that really likes this putter. But I would not call it soft feeling.

Maybe soft isn’t the right word but it’s quiet. Solid and quiet. It wasn’t a loud sound off the face for me

The stability shaft will in fact lessen the “tink” sound but again I have the standard shaft and have zero problems with the sound and like the feel a ton. The “tink” is not at all like the old pings and it’s is not loud or ringing.

Maybe soft isn’t the right word but it’s quiet. Solid and quiet. It wasn’t a loud sound off the face for me

I would agree. It is solid and does not make a loud sound. I think because it is such a large piece of aluminum it has a distinctive feel that is not soft but not clicky either. There is a touch of "ping" sound to it.

yup, they are $425, if you get the standard KBS shaft. add $235 if you want the stbaility tour shaft. i have forward pressed for a long time so its natural to me, so i have to unthink it with this bad boy. still trying to decide if i want to pull the trigger

I saw a new stability shaft for $129 somewhere... might be the first model

I did ask because I saw on Peter Finch YouTube that the LAGP shaft was available through lab. It currently is not. I reached out to them and they told me that LAGP is kind of a mess right now. They have had a massive boom with the Bryson DeChambeau stuff and are having logistics issues like crazy. So lab is not offering those at this time.

Got my fitting back. Think I’ll pull the trigger this week.

I'm considering a Broomstick but would like to see if I could get a second to try it out for a bit cheaper. I spoke to Matt last week and as it's a new offering they don't have any available at this time. I've been using the same Bobby Grace putter for 2 years and haven't felt the need to change but really think the Lie Angle Balance would work well with my style as I don't putt conventional but face on and really do have a straight back Straight through stroke and sometime find myself manipulating the face with my BG.

You will be pleased. I assure you.

Order placed. Went ahead and splurged on stability tour shaft and 3 lines alignment and press II 3° all black.

I did ask because I saw on Peter Finch YouTube that the LAGP shaft was available through lab. It currently is not. I reached out to them and they told me that LAGP is kind of a mess right now. They have had a massive boom with the Bryson DeChambeau stuff and are having logistics issues like crazy. So lab is not offering those at this time.

I think that mess has to do with a certain member of their team moving to Ping..

Back