I've taken my whole bag with me on a two bus route - California in Logan Square to the 152 on Addison - to get in a summer evening 9 at Marovitz. I got some looks then for sure! Do what you've got to do!

If you haven't taken public transportation with your full bag to Marovitz, are you really even a Chicago golfer? (The two-bus route is true dedication, my friend!)

If you haven't taken public transportation with your full bag to Marovitz, are you really even a Chicago golfer? (The two-bus route is true dedication, my friend!)
I used to ride a bike about 30-45 minutes to golf.

It wasn't quite bus worthy, but it was my version of dedication haha

very cool you have some of your grandfathers old trophies and such.
and you love us, we love you dan.

gonna have to listen to this next week, looking forward to it since i'm a cold weather golfer

I keep waiting by the door for my bread delivery and nothing has come.

Great listen! Somehow I don’t see Dan as an Instapot guy! It’s called the Larry O’Brien trophy and I’m swapping 3W for a hybrid! Playing golf when it’s cold using hand warmers? I thought you were a hockey guy? They use those in hockey? ?

I’ll definitely have to move this up on my podcast list, I have about 50 automatically downloaded that I need to catch up on. Cold weather golf does not bother me at all, it is just a fact of life in our region if you want to get as much golf in as you can in our short season up here. We typically play the last month of the season and temperatures between 35-45 Fahrenheit and as long as you dress appropriately it’s a nice walk. Although a north wind can be nasty probably 15 holes at my home course are very well sheltered from the wind.

You do a great job with these, @Canadan. I felt like at a certain point in the podcast, my name could have come up. LOL. I have a very dreaded birthday coming here in a few weeks. A nice loaf of bread would be awesome. 😂

Great listen! Somehow I don’t see Dan as an Instapot guy! It’s called the Larry O’Brien trophy and I’m swapping 3W for a hybrid! Playing golf when it’s cold using hand warmers? I thought you were a hockey guy? They use those in hockey? ?
In hockey you wear and sweat into gloves. If your hands are cold you’re not skating hard enough haha.

and I am absolutely an Instapot guy.

You do a great job with these, @Canadan. I felt like at a certain point in the podcast, my name could have come up. LOL. I have a very dreaded birthday coming here in a few weeks. A nice loaf of bread would be awesome. 😂
Thanks buddy!!! I hope they keep getting better and better over time.

In hockey you wear and sweat into gloves. If your hands are cold you’re not skating hard enough haha.

and I am absolutely an Instapot guy.
They make golf gloves for both hands .... just saying
As for the Instapot think if there aren’t picture or video evidence it didn’t happen :p
Maybe an episode of OffCourse dedicated to Dan’s Favorite InstaPot recipes :cool: .... and golf!

Meant to listen to this yesterday but a Christmas tree decorated by an amateur (says my wife) and electricity issue took a little to fix and situate than I planned or cared for.

My “just in case” tee time this morning was at 9:30. At 8, it was 32. I cancelled. The high today is 56 or so and sunny but we’re not above 50 until 11ish. If I could’ve gotten, say, an 11 am tee time, that would’ve been fine. 50ish is my cutoff, if it is sunny and no wind. And it has to be there or above for the round. Clouds or wind added and it’s a different story. I have too many joints that ache when it is cold. Add drizzle or mist and I’m out. I’d rather be home warm and dry thinking about playing golf than miserable on the course.

When I was in high school, the cafeteria had these amazing yeast rolls. I don’t eat a ton of bread but I’d be as big as a damned house if I could make those.

Great show as always, Dan.

They make golf gloves for both hands .... just saying
As for the Instapot think if there aren’t picture or video evidence it didn’t happen :p
Maybe an episode of OffCourse dedicated to Dan’s Favorite InstaPot recipes :cool: .... and golf!
haha, I do need to post more in the instantpot thread.

Also, if I sweat in golf gloves during winter... something isn't functioning properly.

haha, I do need to post more in the instantpot thread.

Also, if I sweat in golf gloves during winter... something isn't functioning properly.
Probably that vest thing you like so much isn’t working properly makes winter feel that much colder 😀
Eddy 2 gloves?

Probably that vest thing you like so much isn’t working properly makes winter feel that much colder 😀
Eddy 2 gloves?
there is too much math going on here.

Nice and stay warm - have to stay away bread due to diet but if homemade might break down to a nibble. Coldest ever played was about 33 (25 with the wind chill) on a sunny Christmas afternoon in Madison, WI with some friends and enjoyed trying to hit longest drives onto a frozen lake. I played in workman gloves of a sort, long undies, several layers, a hat face mask combo, but no warmers. We made 9 walking aided by a continuous nips from a couple bottles of scotch one of the group bought. That being said now 45 is probably lowest I could play in but did hit balls today and was about 47 here near DC at the time.

Finished this one up.

Fun listen. McEwan seems like a good dude that I would like to golf with at some point.

Really enjoyed the food discussion between the bread baking and the instapots.

Agree about the personality aspects of the Match and finding a good mix to make that more entertaining.

Dan hates Ross? Added to the Ignore list.

Finished this one up.

Fun listen. McEwan seems like a good dude that I would like to golf with at some point.

Really enjoyed the food discussion between the bread baking and the instapots.

Agree about the personality aspects of the Match and finding a good mix to make that more entertaining.

Dan hates Ross? Added to the Ignore list.
I hate turtleback greens. It's such a cheap and trashy way to make a course difficult.

I'm a tiered green guy 100%.

Back