If you already are not familiar with it, I would suggest you spend a few minutes reading up on Wentz’s contract, his cap hits for the next few seasons and what would happen to the Eagles cap if he was released or traded in 2021 or 2022. It gives a clearer picture as to what the Eagles are looking at if they want to trade or cut him.

They may decide at some point to move on from him to get some cap relief. Wouldn’t happen until 2022 because of contract and cap situation. They may take what they can get at that point. They may really desire to be rid of his contract and get cap relief so that getting something in return isn’t as important as getting his contract off their books.
They can trade him and take 1 big hit next year and then they're done. Take the hit and move on....i would also move on from Pedersen

Steelers OLB Bud Dupree reported out for season with torn ACL. That’s a huge loss

How can Baltimore justify having RG3 as their main backup QB. This is like Baltimore doesn't even have a QB in this game. He has 22 yards passing today so far.

So what’s different when Jackson plays?

non-contact ACL, that's a tough one
I think non contact ACL injuries are very common. Its a twisting injury. I have daughters who played basketball. One tore an acl which was surgically repaired. My heart goes out to anyone who does it because i have seen the work involved in rehab. The other tore a PCL which prior to that injury i had never heard of. Come to find out unlike the acl there was no surgery to repair that and there is not much that can be done. I think i read along with an acl and mcl Joe Burrow tore a pcl which if thats the case hopefully things have progressed in the last seven years and he will recover and play. Thats some tough injuries he sustained.

I hope the Ravens have their Covid protocols on lockdown now... anyway, forget about Jackson, McSorley is the future! I’m not a Penn State homer, you’re a Penn State homer!

Miami fans, what’s the word on Gaskin? Is he trending to play Sunday or does it look like another week?

Some great games this week.
Browns/Titans is a big one for the AFC and Browns get their best player back.
Titans, will be again without Clowney, who had season ending surgery. Turned out the sweepstakes for Clowney didn't end so well.

Last edited:
Titans, will be again without Clowney, who had season ending surgery. Turned out the sweepstakes for Clowney didn't end so well.

I didn't know Baker was out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wish I had a bit more confidence in this game at the moment. But, I don’t. Both teams could have massive running days. Which Baker do Browns fans get today? Wildly inaccurate and missing open TDs Baker, or set the franchise record for most completions in a row Baker?

Henry is going to do his thing...
if we get pressure I think it limits Tannehil and its close. If our oline stays strong and gives Baker more time than he’s already had (which seems crazy to say) I think it’s close.
It doesn’t really change the playoffs a ton if we lose. But if the Browns win it could start the discussion finally about them winning against good formidable teams. Either way it will be a nice distraction for me today

Have to make the Titans play from behind and force them to beat you by having to pass the ball.

Fascinating Eagles conversation on NFL. Hurts is ready and they have 1-2 packages for him, but the first down struggles over and over have limited the chance to make that work.

Warner thinks Wentz should be benched, so does Irvin, but not long haul. Enough to get a different perspective on the game. Interesting stats, both Wentz and Hurts were both replaced (injury or otherwise) and had other QB lead team to championship.

Wentz is not cuttable. 60 million in dead cap, so as was said the only thing to do is grab Max protection for him, because he is showing an inability to be fast with the ball and reads. Which as Warner pointed out is not death in the NFL like it used to be (see Wilson and Prescott). Current NFL rules really allows for an extra full second compared to just a few years ago.

They Expect if there is even a modicum of success on first down, we see Hurts more and frankly they are only 1 game out of being in the playoffs.

Fascinating Eagles conversation on NFL. Hurts is ready and they have 1-2 packages for him, but the first down struggles over and over have limited the chance to make that work.

Warner thinks Wentz should be benched, so does Irvin, but not long haul. Enough to get a different perspective on the game. Interesting stats, both Wentz and Hurts were both replaced (injury or otherwise) and had other QB lead team to championship.

Wentz is not cuttable. 60 million in dead cap, so as was said the only thing to do is grab Max protection for him, because he is showing an inability to be fast with the ball and reads. Which as Warner pointed out is not death in the NFL like it used to be (see Wilson and Prescott). Current NFL rules really allows for an extra full second compared to just a few years ago.

They Expect if there is even a modicum of success on first down, we see Hurts more and frankly they are only 1 game out of being in the playoffs.

It's happened before.

Terry Bradshaw - Drafted #1 overall in 1970. Benched for first six games of 1974 season. Reinserted into starting lineup in seventh game. Steelers won Super Bowl that year. Of course, those first two Super Bowl teams were built around defense and the ground game, but when the rules changed, Bradshaw upped his game and passed the Steelers to their third and fourth titles. Today's NFL is so QB-centric that I'm not sure the top picks that might need some extra time to develop will get it.

Today's NFL is so QB-centric that I'm not sure the top picks that might need some extra time to develop will get it.
while true, the preparation received and offenses run at previous levels is so vastly superior QBs fast than it was just a decade ago.

Titans Browns game was Titans minus 5.5 just a few days ago and now the line is 4.

As surprising as this sounds, I would be in favor of benching Wentz right now. Especially, if the coaching believes Hurts is ready. Yet, as a fan I am rooting for the Eagles to lose. They need top draft picks for next year and probably a couple more. I think the Eagles created a QB controversy that will never go away until Hurts plays. It’s like the National media is rooting for Wentz to fail and expects Hurts will come in and be a star. He is a rookie and probably will look like a rookie for many games. I wouldn’t be surprised if he failed completely with this coaching staff. I was never high on him as a prospect.

Here, the coach has talked out both sides of his mouth on Hurts and why he hasn’t played more. This week he said that the team is just not in rhythm enough to get Hurts in. That’s garbage and every announcer here has said so. If in rhythm you wouldn’t take Wentz out to mess that up. If you wanted to see a change and hell maybe get an offense in rhythm you leave hurts in for a series, a quarter, etc. Have we seen playing Taysom Hill with Brees because the Saints are in rhythm?

The Eagles and Wentz are a mess. Front office, coaching and QB. Such a drop from a good team a few years ago.

As surprising as this sounds, I would be in favor of benching Wentz right now. Especially, if the coaching believes Hurts is ready. Yet, as a fan I am rooting for the Eagles to lose. They need top draft picks for next year and probably a couple more. I think the Eagles created a QB controversy that will never go away until Hurts plays. It’s like the National media is rooting for Wentz to fail and expects Hurts will come in and be a star. He is a rookie and probably will look like a rookie for many games. I wouldn’t be surprised if he failed completely with this coaching staff. I was never high on him as a prospect.

Here, the coach has talked out both sides of his mouth on Hurts and why he hasn’t played more. This week he said that the team is just not in rhythm enough to get Hurts in. That’s garbage and every announcer here has said so. If in rhythm you wouldn’t take Wentz out to mess that up. If you wanted to see a change and hell maybe get an offense in rhythm you leave hurts in for a series, a quarter, etc. Have we seen playing Taysom Hill with Brees because the Saints are in rhythm?

The Eagles and Wentz are a mess. Front office, coaching and QB. Such a drop from a good team a few years ago.
I don't think your perception of the national media wants Wentz to fail is accurate. From an outside perspective I think the National Media has been pretty fair that Wentz has immense talent and has played really bad this year.

I don't think your perception of the national media wants Wentz to fail is accurate. From an outside perspective I think the National Media has been pretty fair that Wentz has immense talent and has played really bad this year.
Me neither. Everything I have seen on TV today, last week, etc is just like the diagnosis of any other team and player. You have a guy that many said were at the top, now is at the bottom of nearly every major statistic.

Kurt Warner’s insight as a player that has gone through this was exceptional.

Oh, I agree completely their analysis has been accurate on Wentz. He has stunk up the place compared to how he has looked in years prior. Just they like having him fail and talking a QB controversy because it gets clicks and viewers. The amount of time they spend on it is really odd. You have other QBs and teams looking just as bad, but they spend so much time on Wentz and the Eagles. That’s why I think they seem to have an almost rooting interest in his failure. It gives them more eyes and ears on programming.

Oh, I agree completely their analysis has been accurate on Wentz. He has stunk up the place compared to how he has looked in years prior. Just they like having him fail and talking a QB controversy because it gets clicks and viewers. The amount of time they spend on it is really odd. You have other QBs and teams looking just as bad, but they spend so much time on Wentz and the Eagles. That’s why I think they seem to have an almost rooting interest in his failure. It gives them more eyes and ears on programming.
I’m not sure what shows you are watching but that’s just not happening in what I have watched. Same amount of time in them and that game than any other. One segment in a 4 hour pre game.

Must be different shows.

I’m not sure what shows you are watching but that’s just not happening in what I have watched. Same amount of time in them and that game than any other. One segment in a 4 hour pre game.

Must be different shows.
This is true, as I don’t watch the NFL Network. Just not a fan of most of their analysts. I do like Warner.

That Jax TD was crazy.

Catch the ball Peoples Jones.

Back