Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

Part of me still wants to find the lowest launching and spinning shaft out there and plug in this for S&G’s
If my Small Batch Hulk were a 6.5, I would send it to you to try for S&Gs. The 6 probably wouldn’t hold up.

This right here is funny.

Not only did @Snickerdog drop the head in, but he sent the RCH shaft too! Can’t wait to get this club on the simulator during the next few weeks and see how it stacks up against my Mav Max. If I’m seeing the spin decreases others have seen, I’d be willing to wager a good chunk of change that this driver will be my gamer next year.

BDE43AB0-DB48-4D75-956A-3716472A07C0.jpeg
B4361E66-E933-4C35-B96D-2B3ADB223694.jpeg7FB0E764-A2B8-47A2-9F71-FEE617D45E62.jpegB80EC9F6-3D3B-460C-A133-55D897622165.jpeg

This remains on the list to hit over the winter. I am interested to see how it performs for me.

Not only did @Snickerdog drop the head in, but he sent the RCH shaft too! Can’t wait to get this club on the simulator during the next few weeks and see how it stacks up against my Mav Max. If I’m seeing the spin decreases others have seen, I’d be willing to wager a good chunk of change that this driver will be my gamer next year.

View attachment 8976755
View attachment 8976756View attachment 8976757View attachment 8976758
That RCH55 shaft works really well in that head.

@HarryPotter
How was the attas coool with the b21? What kind of results?

I originally had a Ventus Velo 6s blue in the B21 and had pretty good results (straight to baby fades) BUT when I put in the RCH 65, the B21 was transformed into THE ONE for me (straight and baby draws). The RCH65 is a wonderful shaft for this driver head.

View attachment 8976755
That could be a weapon for you next year.

With it being a low spin head is the RCH also a lower spin profile ? Or did they add a higher spinning shaft to make it more playable for the masses ?

I tried the RCH R flex and compared to my 50g 5.5 Riptide, the RCH felt softer. Reminded me a lot of the Recoil driver shaft that came stock in the Fusion driver.

With it being a low spin head is the RCH also a lower spin profile ? Or did they add a higher spinning shaft to make it more playable for the masses ?

I tried the RCH R flex and compared to my 50g 5.5 Riptide, the RCH felt softer. Reminded me a lot of the Recoil driver shaft that came stock in the Fusion driver.
Not sure but the RCH was specifically made for the B21. I could not stand the Riptide shaft that came with the Mav Max. Took it out instantly.

For those with this driver, do you feel you can go a bit more aggressively on the swing?

For those with this driver, do you feel you can go a bit more aggressively on the swing?
Yes. Because it is so forgiving, I feel that I can really swing at my full swing speed with it. that has been part of the beauty of it.

Absolutely, this club really came to life for me when I stopped trying to tempo my swing and just let it rip.

View attachment 8976755
Get ready to be shocked by the spin drop.

Yes. Because it is so forgiving, I feel that I can really swing at my full swing speed with it. that has been part of the beauty of it.
Yup, and the distance and direction retained on bad misses is absurd.

when i first received this club and took it out, that was one of the first thigs i found out within the first couple range balls, you can be aggressive in fact some of my best balls were this way.

Just finished 9 holes of Sim golf with the B21 and it might have been my best driving with it yet. Hit all 7 fairways and had 1-2 that were DEEP! Normally I am good for a miss or two per 9, but the confidence level with this is really high right now.

On the 5th hole at this course it is a 424 yard hole where right at the 265 mark you can catch a slope and have it run down another 25-30 yards+. I rarely get it there and usually stop just short on pure carry. I carried the slope easily and ended up with only 131 to the pin. Sadly I still made par, but the drive had me way too amped up for the second shot :ROFLMAO:

This driver hasn't been released when I was fit earlier this year. I wonder if I'd have been fit into it. I'm playing a lower spin driver with draw bias (G410 LST with the weight in the heel). So the profile is interesting. It's a great looking driver, and I like the return to the color scheme from the ~2014 bertha.

I am a 2 handicap and play a x stiff shaft normally. But my miss is a push slice. Would this driver work for me to neutralize that miss?

I am a 2 handicap and play a x stiff shaft normally. But my miss is a push slice. Would this driver work for me to neutralize that miss?
The first person I think of is @Jman in regards to what you just stated. I think if you find a shaft that fits, yes absolutely. This club is for anyone.

It could, but I cannot continue to state enough in here it’s definitely a LOWER spin head, so be sure that’s a need first and foremost.

It helped me for sure.

I removed the Concept Helix grip from my B21 driver and put a corded grip back on. I also had the pro shop cut an inch from the butt section of the shaft making it 44.75” long. It’s gonna be cold and raining tomorrow, so I might head to the indoor simulator place to try it out. Mondays are 1/2 price. *Side Note* Does anyone know what shortening the shaft did to swing weight? I’m assuming it went down? Also, anyone know what the weight of the stock weight in the back is? Thank you.

Like you I swing hard and tend to miss right. This driver has been a revelation for me.

Back