I don't have your swing speed, it was not boisterous in my hands compared to my Epic Flash...maybe I never found the center. 🤷‍♂️
It is definitely loud but not obnoxious.

Played 18 today. First swings in 2.5 weeks :oops:

Quick and dirty thoughts before I dive in more post kiddo bedtime....

1) Damn fine looking driver at address. Larger front to back than my EXS Pro, but it‘s a clean shape. No angular here.

2) Forgiving. Much more so than the GS53 I reviewed, I can tel that already.

3) It’s....boisterous, truly. On the metallic end as well sound wise.

4) The LOW spin is real, based on my carry numbers with the 10.5 and some of the heights I saw, the distance was DEEP. I hit the GS53 in the 2200 range, I bet this is lower for me by a chunk.

5) I drove a green with it today. And I mean DROVE it.

More soon. Promise.
The sound on the standard model was so good, I guess more forgiveness comes with more noise.

The sound on the standard model was so good, I guess more forgiveness comes with more noise.
I agree, it was, and it’s something I really complimented in my homepage review on that one.

This definitely isn’t that sound. But it’s also definitely not that head as in just one days work it showed to be MUCH MUCH MUCH more forgiving, and extremely neutral.

Hoping to sneak out one day this weekend (probably not today since it’s Lotte’s 6th bday!) and get some GC2 data on it. I know I’ve got rust on my SS right now, but I’m dying to see the spin numbers.

Tsi3 on the right
1607213925616.jpeg

So I got this on the course today. Hit it about 8 times.
Looks:
Looks great behind the ball with the composite crown , alignment aid and just looks very forgiving . Shape is nice.
Sound: This driver is on the loud side, but not too bad with ProV1’s. It is not a high pitched annoying sound, just kind of clank like. Doesn’t bother me and I hate loud drivers.
Feel:
Honestly , it feels the same where ever you hit it. It is just an ok feel, not mushy but not hard like the SIM. My strike was up and down but in the center, I couldn’t tell when I missed it.
Performance:
I have the 9 set to neutral. It is a mid flight to high flight with low spin. I was getting more roll than I am used too. Distance wise it can hang with any of the top drivers. It is very forgiving , I was hitting the same distance all day. I didn’t get this on the monitor so I am not sure about spin and launch. However when I hit Tyler’s in Florida, I was right around 2200.

I have to admit, “clank like” doesn’t make the sound out to be too good. :ROFLMAO:

That said, some really solid feedback there! @MSEASU !

I got 3 in yesterday before being called off for Lotte bday duty. It’s long, but man, it is loud to me coming from the SIM for sure with its muted sound but also from the EXS Pro which isn’t a quiet driver either. I think it’s something that people are going to notice the more that hit it, but, the forgiveness and ball flight combined with the low spin and low price might make it easy to overcome.

Performance is WAY better than the GS53, but the OG gets the nod on feel/sound.

I must admit, all of the sound talk is scaring me a little. With it going to a carbon crown, I was expecting it to have more of a muted sound like the Epic that I gamed for a few years. I like the solid sound of the orginal GS53 that I have been gaming about a year and a half much more than I did the Epic.

I must admit, all of the sound talk is scaring me a little. With it going to a carbon crown, I was expecting it to have more of a muted sound like the Epic that I gamed for a few years. I like the solid sound of the orginal GS53 that I have been gaming about a year and a half much more than I did the Epic.
I’ll be honest, the sound surprised me too. That said, the performance is honest to goodness MUCH better, and even as one of the biggest sound is feel guys here this one so far the performance has made it easier to deal with the sound.

It’s not Cleveland loud, it’s just got a little hollow metallic pitch to it at impact, and for me the tone does change some across the face.

Course bound after kid drop off. Foresight GC2 in tow.

Will also try to get some sound clips.

Course bound after kid drop off. Foresight GC2 in tow.

Will also try to get some sound clips.

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts. This is a real contender for my next driver, but there’s just not enough info out there for me to pull the trigger yet.

The email we like to receive:

“Your order has been shipped”

GS53Max and 3W both with Helium Stiff. Woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update plllzzzz :)
Sound clips didn’t turn out because of the sirens in the background the whole freaking 9.

Have some data I will share tonight, but it was taken in 37 degrees. :oops:

Not sure how else to do this upload wise with a sound clip, but here’s the impact sound from yesterday:

Not sure how else to do this upload wise with a sound clip, but here’s the impact sound from yesterday:

Thats not loud in my ears, actually it sounds rather good to me, and now for the numbers and your review :D

Thats not loud in my ears, actually it sounds rather good to me, and now for the numbers and your review :D
it’s definitely not at all quiet. My HS kids were taken aback yesterday at practice.

Im going out to try and get a clean data set one more time today, I’ll have an update then but review is scheduled to hit the homepage on Tuesday I believe!(y):)

It’s low spin, and it retains lower spin on some bad misses. I’ve had some swipey ones stay in the low 3,000’s that the standard GS53 would have been pushing 4,000. I’m seeing a touch more spin on the monitor than I expected, but, part of that is I’m playing it a flex down. I’ve been in the 2300 realm most of the time.

That said, even with my broken swing and the moment in terms of making speed, I’m getting super impressive carry distances thanks to the launch and spin profile. It’s a DEEP driver,

it’s definitely not at all quiet. My HS kids were taken aback yesterday at practice.

Im going out to try and get a clean data set one more time today, I’ll have an update then but review is scheduled to hit the homepage on Tuesday I believe!(y):)

It’s low spin, and it retains lower spin on some bad misses. I’ve had some swipey ones stay in the low 3,000’s that the standard GS53 would have been pushing 4,000. I’m seeing a touch more spin on the monitor than I expected, but, part of that is I’m playing it a flex down. I’ve been in the 2300 realm most of the time.

That said, even with my broken swing and the moment in terms of making speed, I’m getting super impressive carry distances thanks to the launch and spin profile. It’s a DEEP driver,
Thats all you had to say, now take my money :D i hope my fitter gets the head soon and my backs starts working again, still have my combo set to finish testing.

Can’t wait to hit mine. Probably Sunday.

Listening to the sound bite James posted and the sound on the YouTube video I watched the other day, I was honestly expecting worse based on the conversation in this thread. Haven't heard anything yet that would knock it from my heavy ponder list.

Hogan Ambassador, Christo Garcia from My Swing Evolution, hitting the GS53 Max. Sounds louder than its predecessor.

Listening to the sound bite James posted and the sound on the YouTube video I watched the other day, I was honestly expecting worse based on the conversation in this thread. Haven't heard anything yet that would knock it from my heavy ponder list.

+1 , That doesn't sound too bad at all. Would still love to hear it in person.

Haven't had a chance to go to the range to try out my Max... I have 30 minute before my next Zoom meeting... hmmm :sneaky: hahaha

I hit my Max and 3W yesterday in a skins game. First few drives were hard in the heel. Still went fairly straight albeit low and with a slight fade. And the one on the first hole was pretty average length for me despite having necked it.

Had a few other decent pops, then 18 happened. Slight tailwind 5mph. Fairways are
A bit shaggy because they’ve been over seeded with rye. But I took a nice controlled backswing, timed my weight shift perfectly and nutted one right down the middle and through the fairway. First time in a couple of years, and the others were with dry fast fairways.

Sound is a bit sharp but jot objectionable. Looks GREAT behind the ball. I think I need to adjust a bit to the Helium counter balanced design but I think it’s going to be a real keeper.

Didn’t hit the three wood as much but had a couple of very nice drives, and a good one off the deck too. Again Helium shaft needs some adjustment but both clubs rock!

Back