Fujikura Ventus Shafts

5 wood arrived today and I installed the Red 9X. Wow. I like this. It's stable and smooth.

Across the board the Ventus Reds have swingweighted a little lighter than the RDX blacks they've replaced. Only added lead tape to the 3 wood (about 4g). 5 wood was close enough. 6X seemed to have a lower balance point.

So far I've really liked the feel swinging in the garage.

5 wood arrived today and I installed the Red 9X. Wow. I like this. It's stable and smooth.

Across the board the Ventus Reds have swingweighted a little lighter than the RDX blacks they've replaced. Only added lead tape to the 3 wood (about 4g). 5 wood was close enough. 6X seemed to have a lower balance point.

So far I've really liked the feel swinging in the garage.

i should have gone with 9x instead of the 7x in my 3W. i really think they need a 8x.

Ventus Red is very good. It has a much smoother, softer feel in the waggle. In the swing, it tightens up and feels stable. Its really cool.

6X: Not as counterbalanced. Very light feeling and definitely seem to get a bit of extra launch when struck well. Did notice more low strikes, but not sure how much that is the deeper face.

7X: More counterbalanced than the 6X. Very light feeling for a 7X but feels quite a bit stiffer than the 6X. Centered strikes had higher launch than I expected.

9X: I love this thing right now. The weight smooths out my swing and feels extremely playable. This might be my go to now for a 5W. Might need to try the Black 9X as well.

Last edited:
On course time today. Ventus Red definitely has more waggle than I previously used. Feels very smooth and just wants to handle what I give it. I'm cautiously optimistic but I do want to try the Ventus Black at some point

Phil Mic going Ventus...?

Thought he was using the raw Tensei? Hmm, maybe just testing a few things
Yeah, there was a raw tensei in the other video.

On course time today. Ventus Red definitely has more waggle than I previously used. Feels very smooth and just wants to handle what I give it. I'm cautiously optimistic but I do want to try the Ventus Black at some point

Any more on the Ventus Red 6x/TSi3 combo? What does spin appear like? Do you have any tipping on it? Thanks.

Ponderfying on a Ventus Red 6X.....

Any more on the Ventus Red 6x/TSi3 combo? What does spin appear like? Do you have any tipping on it? Thanks.

Mine is tipped 1". Spin and launch seem rather mid to me. Low face strikes are very spinny but high face strikes can result in low spin bombs.

I like the combo a lot.

I have acquired a Ventus Blue and have one round with it. It’s a different profile than what I am used to and it’s going to need some range time to see if it will ultimately work for me. One thing I did notice is that it forced me to smooth out my tempo bc if I got quick the results were not good.

Hello has anyone compared the Ventus to the Speeders?

Looking at switching to a Ventus Blue 6S or 6X for my driver. SS is around 110-113. Any recommendations on stiffness? Currently playing a HZRDUS Smoke Yellow in a stiff. I'm just finding I launch the ball a little low with the Smoke Yellow.

Looking at switching to a Ventus Blue 6S or 6X for my driver. SS is around 110-113. Any recommendations on stiffness? Currently playing a HZRDUS Smoke Yellow in a stiff. I'm just finding I launch the ball a little low with the Smoke Yellow.
Consider the Red. Seriously. It is VERY good.

Consider the Red. Seriously. It is VERY good.

I second this. If your goal coming from the Haz yellow is to increase launch. I dont think you will get it in the blue. They call it mid. But is is really mid low in my opinion.

I second this. If your goal coming from the Haz yellow is to increase launch. I dont think you will get it in the blue. They call it mid. But is is really mid low in my opinion.
Agreed....I have the Blue 6X now (with Titleist tip) and planning to sell or trade it for a Red 6X or 7X.
The blue is quite low launch for me.

Agreed....I have the Blue 6X now (with Titleist tip) and planning to sell or trade it for a Red 6X or 7X.
The blue is quite low launch for me.
Thanks for that! I'll try and get in to check out the Red 6x or 6S

Thanks for that! I'll try and get in to check out the Red 6x or 6S
While you are at it, maybe try the RDX Blue shaft too!

Found a Red 6x to try on my Tsi3 driver. I played the Black all last season and I love it. Although, if my swing is off it is super low launching for me. Will be keeping the black but cant wait to compare it with the Red. Should look pretty sharp on the tee box as well.

Last edited:
Picked up a Ventus Black Velocore 6S about 2 weeks ago and was able to test it out in the sim with my 9* Mavrik SubZero over the last week or so. Prior to the Ventus, I had been swinging the ProjectX Evenflow RipTide 6.0. I have a very high ball flight in all my swings and I've been working to get the flight a bit lower so that I get some roll out with my driver and have better, more piercing ball flight in the MN winds.

I could immediately tell the difference between the two shafts in the first set of swings. The RipTide is good but I instantly felt less twist and more explosion through the ball with the Ventus. It really was a cool feeling. Even had a little giggle of excitement as I could feel and see the difference. The ball flight was much lower (I don't remember the exact specs right now) and the rollout was more which equated to about 10-15 more yards off the tee. My dispersion is better and I know that I'm not going to go wide left or right unless I put a terrible swing on it. The best part, besides the personal confidence, is that I have a lot fewer mis-hits on the toe or heel as compared to the Riptide. It could be greater confidence over the ball equating to a better swing or the fact that I'm squaring the face to the ball more consistently due to the shaft itself. Either way, it's a winner in my book.

Overall it's been a great pickup and one that I didn't pay full price for which makes it even better. I attribute the THPers talking about the importance of shafts to this purchase. I've learned so much on here already and I'm excited about what is to come.... my wife on the other hand attributes THP to "questionable" expenditures. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back