I am a huge :cobra: fan! Gotta be honest, the look does absolutely nothing for me. Find it has too much going on. It's like they couldn't decide on what they liked so, they just threw all of it in there. The 3D printing, weight on the toe, carbon fiber on the top. BUT, I have not hit them yet, obviously. Can't judge the performance on looks alone. Now, I am not saying they wouldn't be an option but look is a bigger deal than some think. And if I don't like how they look at address but, performs perfectly, that would be difficult!!

These just look so good. The SZ irons turned me off a bit visually, just a bit too chunky looking at address but these look like they could be the perfect compromise. Much thinner topline and the sole is definitely a winner. And that black!! Yeeeeeeees!! And that's just the looks..

Love that the weighting is adjustable to really dial in the fitting, and am strongly considering VL from 7-PW and the OL in the 5 and 6i.

This is exciting.

Tons of tech in here. I really thought the Speedzones were good irons and these are taking it even further.

why Pvd for the black finish instead of DBM that was so good?

It looks like I’ll need to wait for a fitting. I’m gonna have to try out the One Length in these. The only bummer is that they won’t be available in black. These look absolutely amazing, and I’ve been so happy with my F7 One Lengths that I imagine these would be a killer upgrade.

The OL definitely has my eye and attention. I've not tried them yet, but certainly plan on giving them a go next year. From the sole, what's the size difference compared to the Forged Tecs? I get these are the upgrades to the SZ irons, yet, I'd also think the Forged Tecs would still be in play for a lot of players
81F190FF-D8B0-4AFE-9AD0-FCE3ED4FD319.jpeg
B8761EBD-6081-43D3-ABB0-97728B0ED9FF.jpeg

Ok so this semi answered some of Question . Should have read more before asking haha.
We’re getting that good weighting (and adjustable weighting per say with that toe screw) in a much more appealing package compared to sz/f9 or other oem in this category?
adjustable from a fitting perspective and from an installation perspective, from what I understand. Not sure how much they are going to do aftermarket (like buying the weights from them) but it's a curious concept. Seems a little overkill.

But yeah, they improved the size in a big way visually.. and it freaked me out considering how much I love the dual sole, but I have been assured it still performs as desired.

It looks like I’ll need to wait for a fitting. I’m gonna have to try out the One Length in these. The only bummer is that they won’t be available in black. These look absolutely amazing, and I’ve been so happy with my F7 One Lengths that I imagine these would be a killer upgrade.
See what @Jman replied to me earlier, it seems OL is available in black. It’s pictured at least

Great article @Jman . Love the weighting in the screw that can be adjusted. The KZG Tri-Tour did this a little differently with 3 separate weights, but these RS irons definitely have a nice clean look considering the weighting adjustments that can be made. I'll be interested to see how the radial weighting play to forgiveness. The looks might be a bit busy, but the Carbon Fiber on the Speedzone never really bothered me, so getting ready to hit a shot that I would see anything I didn't like.

Also, very excited to hear more about the OL version as THP golfers gets more time with them. A very interesting concept, and like that they are giving you some more color options now.

Can't wait to hear Yagley discuss the Rad lineup later this week!

I am a huge :cobra: fan! Gotta be honest, the look does absolutely nothing for me. Find it has too much going on. It's like they couldn't decide on what they liked so, they just threw all of it in there. The 3D printing, weight on the toe, carbon fiber on the top. BUT, I have not hit them yet, obviously. Can't judge the performance on looks alone. Now, I am not saying they wouldn't be an option but look is a bigger deal than some think. And if I don't like how they look at address but, performs perfectly, that would be difficult!!
Compared to F9 and Speedzone, I think they really refined the lines on this head. You're taking what was openly defined as SGI and brought it back a bit to compete with some of those blended sets between performance and forgiveness. It's a great move.

For the 3D printing, weight ports, and carbon fiber? That is ALLLL about radial weighting my good man. Getting the weight where it needs to be in unique ways.... and having gamed the last two versions in a 4 iron, I can guarantee you the carbon fiber is not bothersome visually at all.

3D printed insert built into irons? There’s no doubt in my mind that Cobra had the most forward progressive thinking club manufacturing processes in the world. For a GI iron, these actually appear pretty sleek. That PVD & green finish is speaking to me.

I edited his article to remove the chrome only, and have reached out to Cobra for confirmation. It's possible that picture was an error, but I just used what was given to me.

$100 upcharge (custom orders only) per set to get the black in either traditional or OL heads.

I'm very impressed with these visually. They look absolutely great! Love seeing more 3D printing tech coming to the market!

Awesome write up and product drop. I'm super excited about these, from conversations at the MC last year I know the cobra guys are SUPER pumped about these irons. Sounds like they were able to take the building blocks of the very well received Speedzone irons and build in some of the best aspects of the FT irons AND took new steps forward. I love how much cobra continues to push boundaries, and can't wait to give these irons a swing!

The black PVD version of these are on fire though! Not sure if they will be a MC option, but wow, they are beautiful :love:

This line of irons for cobra has been straight nuke machines.. I love how unashamedly they are are chasing a bomber iron.

Now we need some in hand pics of the traditional length version

Mail delay, @Jman will be sharing those tomorrow.

That blade length looks shorter than they have been? The F9's appear longer, do you think that is the case or am I maybe seeing something that isn't there?

I believe it is touched on in the article and @Canadan has mentioned it as well. They have really altered the shaping quite a bit.

Back