JDax’s 2021 Iron Search

Which 2021 Iron Set will Win a spot in my Bag?

• Srixon ZX5

Votes: 35 19.8%
  • Cobra RAD Speed OL

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Cobra Forged Tec OL

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Mizuno JPX 921 Forged

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • XXIO X

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Callaway New Apex Line (Assuming there is one)

Votes: 33 18.6%
  • Callaway Apex CF19 (Incumbent)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Ben Hogan PTx Pro

Votes: 11 6.2%

• Total voters
I voted RAD Speed OL. I could be way off, but i think the Forged Tec and 921F are in that leaning towards player distance category similar to the PTX Pros. If I were in a similar situation I'd be looking to explore what I believe are the slightly more GI leaning options, and after reading about RAD today that would get my vote ever so slightly over the ZX5 and 921 HMP.

Srixon Zx5's Would feel sweet like your Hogans, but with a little more forgiveness and launch.

All jokes aside I’d like to see you try the OL RAD Speed.

What had you move from the Hogan PTx Pro? Have you tried the Icon? maybe the combo?
I’ve been reviewing the Hogan PTx Pros here:

I’ve have found them closer to the ZX7s or Apex Pro 19, & if the next generation of the Edge was available, I would taken them for the event. They would also be on this list, if they weren’t so far out from launch.

I voted ZX5 before I read the post and saw how much you have played Callaway in the past. Based on history, I'd vote Callaway.

though XXIO is in the Srixon/Cleveland Family, IMO they are for SR golfers and those with Mid/Hi HCP's. Don't get me wrong I fit into that demographic and would love to see if they are a fit for me. I just like the way I feel playing my CBX's, HB Launchers and really miss my 545's(but that's why the CBX's).
I’ve never really thought about XXIO, but all those that have talked about them here love them.

I voted ZX5 before I read the post and saw how much you have played Callaway in the past. Based on history, I'd vote Callaway.
That’s a lot of Callaway irons on my playing history...

I’ve been reviewing the Hogan PTx Pros here:

I’ve have found them closer to the ZX7s or Apex Pro 19, & if the next generation of the Edge was available, I would taken them for the event. They would also be on this list, if they weren’t so far out from launch.
I have to agree with you 100% on this. The next gen Edge looked incredible. It would have been a straight up performance competition between that and the PTX Pros. Current Edge lacked sizzle when compared to the PTX Pros. Yes, I know my golfer vanity is showing 🤣

I voted RAD Speed OL. I could be way off, but i think the Forged Tec and 921F are in that leaning towards player distance category similar to the PTX Pros. If I were in a similar situation I'd be looking to explore what I believe are the slightly more GI leaning options, and after reading about RAD today that would get my vote ever so slightly over the ZX5 and 921 HMP.
I have to agree with you 100% on this. The next gen Edge looked incredible. It would have been a straight up performance competition between that and the PTX Pros. Current Edge lacked sizzle when compared to the PTX Pros. Yes, I know my golfer vanity is showing 🤣
How good were those Next Gen Edge Irons?

I just voted RadSpeed OL. Having played Srixon and Callaway previously, you are ready for a change. Mizuno 921F might not have as much help as you'd like to see? Cobra ticks the boxes - solid lineage, advanced weighting, narrower sole than prior gen, looks good in the bag. Plus OL.

I just voted RadSpeed OL. Having played Srixon and Callaway previously, you are ready for a change. Mizuno 921F might not have as much help as you'd like to see? Cobra ticks the boxes - solid lineage, advanced weighting, narrower sole than prior gen, looks good in the bag. Plus OL.

Here are my Previous Iron Sets Played- Cleveland TA7, Callaway X-16, Callaway X-18, Callaway X-24, Callaway X2Hot, Callaway Apex CF16, Callaway Rogue Pro, Callaway Apex CF19, Ben Hogan PTx Pro

Never actually played Srixon, just flirted a lot with them especially the 565s & 585s, but always decided to dance with the date that brung me...

Here are my Previous Iron Sets Played- Cleveland TA7, Callaway X-16, Callaway X-18, Callaway X-24, Callaway X2Hot, Callaway Apex CF16, Callaway Rogue Pro, Callaway Apex CF19, Ben Hogan PTx Pro

Never actually played Srixon, just flirted a lot with them especially the 565s & 585s, but always decided to dance with the date that brung me...

Hmmmmmm.... I still think you're ready to mix it up, though I too am interested to see what the new Apex will hold. Of course, I just chased a set of '18 MB with '21 MB's. Old habits die hard!

The badging on the current Edge doesn’t get you in a good way...

2021 Apex Pro will be the best irons ever made, assuming they improve on the 19 Pros.

So new Apex is my vote.

With @JDax history with the line if there is a new Apex I’d go even money on it being in the bag.

But should be fun to follow regardless.

Hmmmmmm.... I still think you're ready to mix it up, though I too am interested to see what the new Apex will hold. Of course, I just chased a set of '18 MB with '21 MB's. Old habits die hard!
Did I mention that Gerritt (my fitter at the Grandaddy I attended in 2017) would have fit me into Apex’s if I didn’t already have a set?

Are the new Hogan Edge irons not coming out in 2021? Haven’t voted yet

Did I mention that Gerritt (my fitter at the Grandaddy I attended in 2017) would have fit me into Apex’s if I didn’t already have a set?

When you know, you know. I've got a similar comfort spot with Srixons - after z745 and zForged its going to be tough to pass up the ZX7 for 921F or next Apex , Cobra MIM / RadSpeed. I agree with the idea that 2021 is shaping up to be the year of the iron. I get stuck in a rut playing similar style clubs and would like to see myself try a setup with some more built in forgiveness for a few months.

Are the new Hogan Edge irons not coming out in 2021? Haven’t voted yet
All we were told was that they aren’t going to be out for “awhile”... We only got to see the 4 iron and PW.

I think the Srixon will eventually win over your heart. I have seen the way you look at (and talk about) the Srixon line-up!

Is there a guy quicker with a meme than JDax??

Srixon Zx5's Would feel sweet like your Hogans, but with a little more forgiveness and launch.
A lot of love for the Srixon irons , I love to see it.

Back