Voice Caddie L4 Laser Rangefinder Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
We appear to be in a time when the lower-cost rangefinder is becoming more prevalent and is seeing improvements in their performance. These circumstances allow consumers to pick a unit based on the features they desire without making a big sacrifice in performance or a more significant dent in their bank account. Voice Caddie is no stranger to distance measuring devices, as they have four different laser rangefinder options, three of which range from $399 to $499. As their most basic offering, the L4 is not Voice Caddie’s latest and greatest, but should that keep anyone from considering it? Let’s dive in and see how well the L4 performs in a crowded marketplace. 

Voice-Caddie-L4-1.jpg

Before even talking about the L4 performance, let’s...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty solid and I like the material used.
6x with haptic for that price is good from a company I have used before.

Great review Dean. Sounds like this unit checks all of the boxes for my needs and the price is quite solid. Will keep it in mind when my need arises.

• Staff
Great review Dean. Sounds like this unit checks all of the boxes for my needs and the price is quite solid. Will keep it in mind when my need arises.

certainly a good bang for buck, meat and potatoes kind of rangefinder. The clarity was good, the magnification level is strong at 6x, the haptic feedback is welcome, and the yardages were comparable to others I tested next to it. I've seen some places have it for 199 during the holiday season. Makes it well worth a look.

Nice review! Looks like a pretty good deal at that price ??

Seeing them as @ddec mentions at $199 I would think makes it pretty stellar for 6x with slope.

Great review @ddec and looks like a great value of features vs. price.

• Staff
Seeing them as @ddec mentions at $199 I would think makes it pretty stellar for 6x with slope.

and the speed is there which is also impressive. It's not like when the Precision Pro Nexus hit and it was a noticeable drop in speed. Now I don't have the latest Bushnell(which are always crazy fast), but I really had no issues with speed of the readouts. Esp in that "normal" scan mode. Crazy good at that IMO.

and the speed is there which is also impressive. It's not like when the Precision Pro Nexus hit and it was a noticeable drop in speed. Now I don't have the latest Bushnell(which are always crazy fast), but I really had no issues with speed of the readouts. Esp in that "normal" scan mode. Crazy good at that IMO.

I tested this exactly one time and it was as fast as the Bushnell XE, so that said a lot.

I tested this exactly one time and it was as fast as the Bushnell XE, so that said a lot.

yeah that is telling. For what would be their entry level rangefinder, it is pretty solid. I'm not a big bells and whistles guy on those devices, so this offers enough for me. Hell I've been using my Bushnell v2 for something like 8-9 years now. This gives a few extra features above that one.

Wanted to give this a little bump.

Nice review Dean! Sounds like a pretty solid laser with 6x optics and pretty cool 'vibration' feature for the price point. I guess I need to wait for my current laser to break.... maybe time to 'drop' it under the cart :)

A bundle package with the Swing Caddie and this range finder would be a nice packaged deal!

Back