Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Did you get all ZX 7s or did you blend some ZX5s into the longer irons?
I have all 7's. A friend has the 5's, and I've hit them some. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to the 5's in the 4i and maybe 5.

Better.

Specifically in forgiveness and ball speed all over the face, not just the middle.

I mean that.

Thank you JMan - I would have bet money that the z585s would be more forgiving...Stay safe

I have all 7's. A friend has the 5's, and I've hit them some. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to the 5's in the 4i and maybe 5.
That is my ponder but only way to find out is to go hit 'em I guess. I've been hitting my 4&5 so well lately in the X forged that I don't want to overthink it and just stick with 7's all the way through.

That is my ponder but only way to find out is to go hit 'em I guess. I've been hitting my 4&5 so well lately in the X forged that I don't want to overthink it and just stick with 7's all the way through.
Yeah, need to hit them. I prefer the X Forged 4 and 5 to the 7's, personally. So on looks and numbers the x5's wouldn't seem like an expected ponder, but the cg/sole/launch actually makes them a little more playable in ways for me. I drive the ball and rollout with the x7's continues to get my attention. I can't play the same ball with them and get the results I'm after, and I like my ball. I'm still working on it.

I was looking at the specs of the x7s. The one main complaint I have heard is they have too much offset.

I compared them to the mizuno JPX921s tours and they have almost the exact same offset. A smidge more on the longer irons and smidge less on the short irons.

I don’t think I have ever heard anyone say the tours have too much offset..

I was looking at the specs of the x7s. The one main complaint I have heard is they have too much offset.

I compared them to the mizuno JPX921s tours and they have almost the exact same offset. A smidge more on the longer irons and smidge less on the short irons.

The complaints of too much offset surprise me as well. They only have a small (and appropriate) amount more the the Z Forged, and those are blades!

The complaints of too much offset surprise me as well. They only have a small (and appropriate) amount more the the Z Forged, and those are blades!
Yeah, I’m with you guys. That’s the comment that shocks me.

Can't wait to try these irons.

:oops:

I don't get that one. Nothing about the offset seems out of place to me.

I have pictures of the ZX7 next to the Tours, because they're really similar size. Did I not post them? It fascinated me because they're similar looks, but geared towards pretty different players, I think.

I can’t wait for you to try these either. Then when you’re hooked we can start discussing paintfill options
I assume you have something in mind already.

:oops:

I don't get that one. Nothing about the offset seems out of place to me.

I have pictures of the ZX7 next to the Tours, because they're really similar size. Did I not post them? It fascinated me because they're similar looks, but geared towards pretty different players, I think.

I think it is just one of the up hill battles srixon fights. Mizuno does it everyone loves it and with good reason. Mizuno is a great company. Srixon does almost the exact same thing and gets a sideways glance and an “I don’t know about that”..

It fascinated me because they're similar looks, but geared towards pretty different players, I think.
I’m curious about this. Can you elaborate? Both appear to be built for tour and both get quite a bit of play there.

That was going to be my suggestion

Need to see the shade of the yellow/gold was hard for me to discern on the Cleveland paintfill options

Yes that would be perfect.

I’m curious about this. Can you elaborate? Both appear to be built for tour and both get quite a bit of play there.
Little different lofts, spin profiles, soles, sole progressions, feel, etc. So players with different speeds, attack angles, low points, flights, preferences, all of it. Plenty of variation on that stuff and different fits among tour players. I don't think there's going to be many that view those two as a toss up. Just my opinion though.

Little different lofts, spin profiles, soles, sole progressions, feel, etc. So players with different speeds, attack angles, low points, flights, preferences, all of it. Plenty of variation on that stuff and different fits among tour players. I don't think there's going to be many that view those two as a toss up. Just my opinion though.

I find this rather interesting, because it is my belief that they are aimed at a very similar audience, tour player or otherwise.

I find this rather interesting, because it is my belief that they are aimed at a very similar audience, tour player or otherwise.
I suppose it depends on how similar you mean. They are in the same 'category', so ? I think they'd be in the same list of things to try for a lot of people, and I think from a visual and size standpoint and preferences with that they would be in the same group. I think they're geared towards different .. I was going to say swings, but .. players. They feel, spin, carry, and get through the turf differently, and players with different swings and preferences of those outcomes would like them differently, one would think.

They feel, spin, carry, and get through the turf differently, and players with different swings and preferences of those outcomes would like them differently, one would think.
I guess by that process, every iron is geared towards a different player

Back