Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

I have a thought, but I first want to ask a question.

Where are the majority of drivers that hit the market sold? And by who?
Dicks but they are not measured in market share. Amazon is growing though

Dicks but they are not measured in market share. Amazon is growing though

Exactly. Dicks. Pga super stores. Big box right?

Superstore and World Wide (also very large) are measured in market share

Gotcha. The real question srixon has to ask and answer. Is “how do we get the lower skill level fitters at those locations to sell your product over others”.

i might have dreamed this, but did i hear/read that their tour adoption has been more heavily toward the zx5 than the zx7?

i would put these on my short list of woods to try next year. and by short list i mean every single oem, because they're coming out with serious heat in 2021.
Just watched the TXG test on these and that is what they said. After watching Matt hit both I didn’t see any reason to not play the ZX5. Very impressed.

Just watched the TXG test on these and that is what they said. After watching Matt hit both I didn’t see any reason to not play the ZX5. Very impressed.
I was about to ask you 3-10 questions, but I'll just watch it instead. :p.

That's a pretty good looking driver and I actually like the Rebound Face name. It's funny though how so many drivers look so similar looking down on the crown these days.

I have to imagine unless you have a driver that blows the competition away with performance it's going to be tough to make up ground.

Nice write-up, G! This whole line would be fun to try. Don't think anyone around here has them in fitting carts so I guess I'll just get in the Srixon experience. :cool:

I was about to ask you 3-10 questions, but I'll just watch it instead. :p.
He is a beast. It was interesting watching hit these. He is in a different stratosphere than most of us.

Thanks. with those launch numbers the spin doesn't seem to be hurting you, but I am thinking it could be higher to help eek out some more carry yardage. 9.5* head or 10.5* head?
9.5 head. It’s carrying an easy 250, which is plenty for me at this time of year but a fitting could help gain a few more I’m sure.

I haven’t seen the video but there is NO reason not to play the ZX5 if you could play either. The MOI is really helpful and it’s turned plenty of “oh nooooo that’s gone” drives with my Mav into “oh, it’s just in the rough” drives. It’s pretty darn good

I haven’t seen the video but there is NO reason not to play the ZX5 if you could play either. The MOI is really helpful and it’s turned plenty of “oh nooooo that’s gone” drives with my Mav into “oh, it’s just in the rough” drives. It’s pretty darn good
It was impressive even compared to the 7. Good watch. They are going to do a pretty cool build comparison to Matt’s gamer. It’s already very close. ;)

Awesome write up G!

Rebound Face and Cannon Sole seem like Srixon isn’t sitting on their laurels after the Z785 release.

High straight bombs with some serious MOI in the ZX5 seems like my cup o tea.

I like that they are offering additional weights as well for the ones who like to tinker.

May have me sold if the stock shaft is a Riptide

@Molten any numbers how they performed for you distance spin wise?
The stock shaft is a riptide - it’s a killer pairing. And the MOI in the ZX5 is the bees knees because my fairways hit percentage went through the roof with it compared to my Mav. Imagine what it could do for a real golfer like you!

The stock shaft is a riptide - it’s a killer pairing. And the MOI in the ZX5 is the bees knees because my fairways hit percentage went through the roof with it compared to my Mav. Imagine what it could do for a real golfer like you!

Sounds like the Xtreme has found it's huckleberry

So who is going to give one of the ZX drivers a chance at the bag in 2021? The ball speed consistency is impressive and I’ve got a sneaky suspicion it will do real well

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB

You just caught my attention in a big way. Remind me which Mav you were playing? I will say that the Z585 and Mavrik standard model IMO were on pretty level footing as both being really forgiving, easiest drivers I have played. Both have a similar spin profile that works for me, launch great, and even feel somewhat similar. To hear that the ZX5 is noticeably moving the needle on FIR is sweet. That was my favorite part about the Z585 - its was wicked fast and easy to keep in play.

You just caught my attention in a big way. Remind me which Mav you were playing? I will say that the Z585 and Mavrik standard model IMO were on pretty level footing as both being really forgiving, easiest drivers I have played. Both have a similar spin profile that works for me, launch great, and even feel somewhat similar. To hear that the ZX5 is noticeably moving the needle on FIR is sweet. That was my favorite part about the Z585 - its was wicked fast and easy to keep in play.
I was playing the standard Mav and the FIR% gained (after 5 rounds with the ZX5 so the sample size isn’t needlessly small) was around +20-25%. It actually partially spawned the other thread I had about doubling your FIR and what you would give up but I had the premise of that thread wrong once all the data came in.

It wasn’t a doubling of my FIR but it was a substantial increase. And my distances were similar but favored the ZX in the macro sense because my AVERAGE drive was longer (thanks, Rebound Frame) but my LONGEST drive was about 5 yards shorter. That longest drive thing could be caused by a lot of things (spin, wind, ground firmness in November and December, etc) but the data really favors the ZX5.

Still no word on the custom shaft options?
I’ve got SOME information but not all of it. Let me boot my computer

Still no word on the custom shaft options?
I know “many” of the shafts are no upcharge so it sounds like some will be upcharged. And there are others, but I know of the following shaft options:

Riptide
Smoke Black
Helium Black
Bassara E-series
TENSEI CK White
TENSEI CK Blue
TENSEI CK Red

Again, I’m pretty sure there are more but it’s what I know now.

I know “many” of the shafts are no upcharge so it sounds like some will be upcharged. And there are others, but I know of the following shaft options:

Riptide
Smoke Black
Helium Black
Bassara E-series
TENSEI CK White
TENSEI CK Blue
TENSEI CK Red

Again, I’m pretty sure there are more but it’s what I know now.

Thank you!

To me these are the most intriguing metal woods releases from Srixon in a number of years

To me these are the most intriguing metal woods releases from Srixon in a number of years
Yes, I’d have to agree there too and I thought the z785 was a heck of a driver too

I played around with shafts yesterday and you can make the ZX5 head as high or low spinning as you want. At the end of everything, the Riptide won out - great stock shaft

Back