Who's getting new irons in 2021?

New irons in 2021, how long have you had current set?

• Yes, one year old.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • yeah 2-3 yes old.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Yes, 4-5 yes old.

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Yes, 6+ yrs old.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • No, one year old

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • No, 2-3 yrs old

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • No, 4-5 yrs old

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • No, 6+ yrs old.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Booked my iron fitting nearly two months ago. Earliest available appointment at that time was 14 DEC. So just four more days ... FINALLY! I'm 99% certain I'll upgrade based upon what I learn at that fitting. I've had my current irons five+ seasons and bought them based upon a much less thorough retail store fitting so I'm guessing I'll see some tangible advantages per that fitting in a few days.

I received my new fitted set which I'll use for 2021 and beyond. My old set was a 2010 Maltby model.

Boy, looking at the results and THPers are going to help the golf market stay strong in 21’.

Golf clubs are like my cell phone, need to upgrade every two years.

I’m planning on it. Been playing the i20 for a while.

Eyeing the i210 or p770. Kind of wish I knew if a new iteration of the i irons was coming in 2021.

I cannot decide between my Apex pro 19s and i210 I currently own, I do not think I need to add another variable to the equation.

Boy, looking at the results and THPers are going to help the golf market stay strong in 21’.

Golf clubs are like my cell phone, need to upgrade every two years.
My cell phone is usually on a two year cycle, but I passed two years with my iPhone XS last month and I'm hanging on to it for at least another year. Not enough of a reason for me to upgrade yet. Irons are kind of the same thing for me - I usually hang on to them until technology has improved so much that there will be an obvious benefit for me.

Irons are kind of the same thing for me - I usually hang on to them until technology has improved so much that there will be an obvious benefit for me.
I was thinking about my previous comments. Essentially I'll have to play enough, and begin to suspect my current irons are holding me back, before I'll spend the kind of money a whole new set of them will demand.

trading in my current Ping G700 irons for the G710 irons. Might get them before the new year but with this Covid-19 virus affection the various shippers, may be early 2021.

I’m still gaming my 588 CBs from the 2012 Morgan Cup! Lol. It’s probably time. Maybe the new Callaway CBs. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no "Yes, barely had my current set 2 months" option.

In comes the ZX7 to compete with the 921 Tour.

I’m planning on it. Been playing the i20 for a while.

Eyeing the i210 or p770. Kind of wish I knew if a new iteration of the i irons was coming in 2021.

Can someone help me out? Do I go ahead with the i210 or hold out in case the next iteration of the Ping i iron is coming in 2021?

I’m getting new irons today!

I ordered a 4-GW set of Maltby PTM/DBM last week. Tracking shows they are out for delivery by end of day today.
I just finished gluing my 6-GW PTM Chrome irons. Part of my back up bag/old man set. They look great. Hope I get some weather to hit them

Seriously considering new irons. I don't use them often I rely more heavily on my hybrids. According to ShotScope I use them for only about 10 percent of my shots. My hybrids are used almost 30 percent of the time. FYI ShotScope doesn't include putters in their usage statistics.

I have had my hogans all year and do not plan on getting new irons

I'm sorta/kind of thinking about a new set of irons in 2021. I'm thinking I want a set of muscle back blades.
(5-SW)

I'm partial to Tour Edge products.

I really don't need another set of irons, but the "itch" is there. I can afford to scratch it.

I don't expect any big improvement with a set of blades. I know, with a little practice, I can hit them, and pretty much shoot the same scores I shoot now. I've already proven that to myself, using a couple of borrowed sets.

Just going to see how the new year pans out. Lots of weird stuff going on right now.

Current set I’ve had a little over 2 months but I expect to have a new set of the RAD Speed OL soon after they’re released.

I have played my ‘19 Apex Pro’s just one full season and they are a great iron, best I have ever owned BUT I will take a look at the’21 Apex Pro’s as I have read they are spectacular and even better than the ‘19’s. If the stock graphite shaft is as good as my recoils in my current set (which I paid big upgrade) then I could consider seriously. Hoping they offer the MMT as stock like in the X-Forged CB 🤞

I am most likely a "No" right now. OL is really seductive to me, but I want a motorized walking cart so irons are probably going to have to be put off till next year.

At this point I don't plan on getting new irons. I say that now but I'm sure that could change at a moment's notice.

I’m changing; got a set of P790’s last Spring and don’t like em. Trying to decide to go with a full set of Mizzy 921’s forged or combo set of forged/hmp’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can someone help me out? Do I go ahead with the i210 or hold out in case the next iteration of the Ping i iron is coming in 2021?

I am pretty sure I read on instagram that the i210 replacements wouldnt be until Fall 2021. I am not sure if that is 100% accurate or not though. I have the i210s and love them. Cant wait to see the next model.

Back