2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Even when it's cold and wet like it was yesterday when I got 20 miles in.

961ae3f13ee91e9f08fc5409405dda75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Looks like a great place to ride!

Great consistancy. I had a drop off for a month or 2, and am trying to finish strong!
Funny, the hardest part is not meeting the "Move" or "Exercise" goal - It's the "Stand"
I have to get up every hour whether I want to or not to get 12 hours in.
And take a nap on a Sunday Afternoon and you'll be getting up at midnight.

BTW - When I golf, I do engage my "Activity" to "Golf" - you'd be surprised how many steps or elevated heart beats you get going up and down the Topography of a golf course.

Last edited:
Looks like a great place to ride!
I'm lucky in that I live quite close to Lewisville Lake just north of Dallas-Fort Worth. My rides always vary, but I will usually include the park roads along the southwest shore. Of course, cold north winds blowing across the lake are pretty brutal.

e8b130ff7d9a7553a373296379f5362a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Trying to re engage in my fitness. It’s amazing how quick it goes at my age. I’ve gotta find a way to keep at it.

No excercise in years apart from my weekly round of golf. Finally decided to take things a little seriously. A daily class since I got the bike last Tuesday. 2 back to back classes for the first time today. I’m not gonna lie, I’m so out of shape it really isn’t funny, but having just finished my second ride, I feel pretty good. I’ll feel old and fat again though in about an hour LOL.
A6664B79-4ECF-483F-B47A-4D42D496680D.png

No excercise in years apart from my weekly round of golf. Finally decided to take things a little seriously. A daily class since I got the bike last Tuesday. 2 back to back classes for the first time today. I’m not gonna lie, I’m so out of shape it really isn’t funny, but having just finished my second ride, I feel pretty good. I’ll feel old and fat again though in about an hour LOL.
View attachment 8976914
Nice work jumping in and starting a change! Keep it up!!

After hitting 315 on deadlift over the weekend, got power clean back into the rotation. 115 on those today, with 205 on squats and 150 bench. Onward and upward

Apple Fitness + finally launches on Monday. Since I started using the peloton app, I’ve found, probably for the first time in 20 odd years, that I’m actually motivated about trying to get fitter, maybe even becoming a bit obsessed. It’ll be interesting to see how the Apple service stacks up without the need for expensive equipment and a monthly subscription that’s a lot cheaper.

After hitting 315 on deadlift over the weekend, got power clean back into the rotation. 115 on those today, with 205 on squats and 150 bench. Onward and upward
I have been able to rack a power clean since March. Love that lift, I'm awful at them though. I just power snatch instead. Good work on getting to 3 wheels too.

Good leg day, for me, yesterday. Always good when you feel sore just walking around the house. Getting some arms in today, and some power yoga later. Trying to finish being consistent during December.

Man I’ve been all out of sorts as of late. I’m tried to commit myself to run the last several weeks, cough, I mean months, but just can’t find the motivation to make it consistently. I need to find something to kick start the fitness because I’m getting a midsection.

Man I’ve been all out of sorts as of late. I’m tried to commit myself to run the last several weeks, cough, I mean months, but just can’t find the motivation to make it consistently. I need to find something to kick start the fitness because I’m getting a midsection.
When the kids start poking at my belly, asking me what it is, that was the wake up call :ROFLMAO:

When the kids start poking at my belly, asking me what it is, that was the wake up call :ROFLMAO:
I honestly have no excuses...I haven’t traveled since March for work. My butt sits in my office a majority of the day. I need to start doing something

I honestly have no excuses...I haven’t traveled since March for work. My butt sits in my office a majority of the day. I need to start doing something
I did so good the beginning of WFH, and some where along the line I dipped, way too much.

I did so good the beginning of WFH, and some where along the line I dipped, way too much.
With that being said I’m going to make it a point to end the week with a bang...time to kick some sort of program into action.

Went running with my daughter yesterday.. 5K is this weekend

215 on squats, 155, bench, 120 cleans. Bw 185. Followed by a walking 18 this afternoon. Up up we go

Back