The pairing of RDX with the the TSi3 is about as perfect at standard as I have seen recently.
Love to hear that kind of stuff. You were speaking very highly of the BB21 as well. So was I. Do you feel like this combo is even a better fit for you?

Love to hear that kind of stuff. You were speaking very highly of the BB21 as well. So was I. Do you feel like this combo is even a better fit for you?

No sir. Very different drivers.

giving you good numbers?

Some of the best I have seen with a Titleist driver in a few years.
It has a great look and sound, which while not hugely high in my rankings of factors, I know is a large number of THPers.

Had quite a bit of pro shop credit from tournaments this year and ended up getting a tsi3 with ad-iz 6x. Will put on the flightscope next week vs the TS3!

Some of the best I have seen with a Titleist driver in a few years.
It has a great look and sound, which while not hugely high in my rankings of factors, I know is a large number of THPers.

Surprisingly good for an all ti head. No carbon. Then you have head like the cobra and a few other that I think are or are close to being majority carbon.

Hit my TSi2 a bit yesterday. Sadly my local course range has unleashed their most horrid golf balls for the winter. The balls hardly have dimples.
Having said that, I brought my Tensei Orange Pro 6S and Ventus Blue 6X with me. The Tensei wasn’t nearly as good for me as I thought it could be. I hit it quite poorly. I think that could possibly be a swing weight related issue.
Anyhow. The Ventus was much better. The Ventus absolutely changes the strike sound. It is a more firm, loud sound.
I’m excited to get the RDX to see how it compares to the Ventus. Also hoping to tip up an AD IZ 6X I have. I’m very curious to try a Ventus black shaft....
I really enjoy the setup of this driver.

Finally got this outdoors yesterday evening.

Quick thoughts:
1. Deep Face promotes a low strike for me. Will need to practice strike. Definite strike slightly toe side and put the the weight in T1 to lineup strike.
2. Sound. It's much louder than my old Cobra SZX. Actually kinda surprised. I wouldnt say it's obnoxious or off putting, but is louder than I expected.
3. When stuck well this launches well and flies. I liked what I saw.

Fairways.
Really liked what I saw. Sound is very good. Slight lowstrikes felt pretty good. Centered strikes were bombs.

Had what I think will be my last round of 2020 yesterday. Started off a little rough with my swing on the front 9, was hitting behind the ball with every club. Yet again even with how crappy my swing was on the front 9 the TSi2 got the ball out there and in play. Also thank god for my pop up tape protector, woulda had a real ugly mark on the top line after hole #1 :oops: On the back 9 I came alive tho, started finding the middle of the face with the driver. Even on a wet/muddy Dec. day in WNY I was getting the ball out there 230ish with no roll. Can't wait to start a fresh season with this club, really has helped a weaker part of my game become a lot better.

Had to hit another range today. This one has a LM too.
Have to admit, BS was a struggle in the early part of pulling the driver, but got a few over 160. That is quite good for me really. The last time I was here I was playing a good bit more golf and I think I hit 160 only once.

My head pro just let me borrow his speed sticks for the winter, so planning to put some work in.
I need to buy radar devices though.

Playing around with a very high tee and it is making a big difference for me..

Playing around with a very high tee and it is making a big difference for me..

Truth. This driver was launching very low for me and even with upping the loft it was still a bit low. Raised the tee and it came alive. (y)

Just finished hitting balls. Had a number of drives at 160 ball speed which is really pretty damn good for me right now. I actually hit one drive past 300 and I’ve never done that at that range before. Very excited for the TSi2, especially when I dial it in.
Going to setup a fitting for January at Club Champion to dial it in.
One thing I def didnt see, was the C3 setting working out as well as it did. And thats with a 10 degree head!

I a little bit I am going to do a test of the TSi3 with RDX black 6.5 vs. my sim with a haz green 60 TX.

I am curious to see the difference.

I have a fitting next month which will definitely include Driver. I have a strong desire to make sure I try the Titleist drivers, and I'm not even sure which one(s) yet. I'm very eager to see how this fitting unfolds and what head/shaft combo ends up working best for me. Of course, there could be another brand that works out best, but I'm still waiting on news of new models from TM, Callaway, Mizuno, and PING.

The test is in.. it is very close.. The TSi3 spins a little more but produces a little more ball speed than my SIm.

Not 100% apples to apples as my SIM is 9 degree and the TSi3 is a 10 degree. But I want a little more launch.

The real test will be when I get my ventus blue back from getting a Titleist tip installed.

Last edited:
Had a little session on TrackMan this evening. This is TSi3 set up with a Graphite Design AD TP 6 S shaft. These truly are as optimal numbers as I can get for my swing. People should not be scared by the TSi3 head. It is pretty darn forgiving.

EA7CB5B5-6AD4-4C0F-A86D-69263ECEA50D.jpeg

Had a little session on TrackMan this evening. This is TSi3 set up with a Graphite Design AD TP 6 S shaft. These truly are as optimal numbers as I can get for my swing. People should not be scared by the TSi3 head. It is pretty darn forgiving.

View attachment 8979708
Yeah, those are some great numbers there.
Kinda wish I had done a proper fit for mine. I wonder if the 3 could have been really good for me. I plan to do a fitting in Jan at Club Champion.

Have to admit I’ve never came across a Titleist driver I’ve liked. Played a round the other day and. @Lions81 had his Tsi2 out there. The sound was pretty darn good and the look is not bad at all. On the last hole I took a swipe with one and hit and absolute bomb I was completely shocked.

It was a 10* setup with Tensei blue, launched high and spin did not appear to be too high either. Fun club from Titleist

Have to admit I’ve never came across a Titleist driver I’ve liked. Played a round the other day and. @Lions81 had his Tsi2 out there. The sound was pretty darn good and the look is not bad at all. On the last hole I took a swipe with one and hit and absolute bomb I was completely shocked.

It was a 10* setup with Tensei blue, launched high and spin did not appear to be too high either. Fun club from Titleist

that is the exact setup i hit and was blown away by how good it was. 10* with tensei blue stiff. launched unbelievably high with low spin and carried almost 270.

View attachment 8979708

that’s more spin than i expected from the 3

that is the exact setup i hit and was blown away by how good it was. 10* with tensei blue stiff. launched unbelievably high with low spin and carried almost 270.
For playing in low 40’s temps i was impressed with how far it went honestly. Kind of funny though the 10* TSi seemed to have launched in the same window as my 8* SZX haha

that’s more spin than i expected from the 3
I am higher launch and spin than most for my ball speed. That being said, most of the reports on the TSi3 are that it is actually a little higher spin than the other low spin offerings out there such as SIM, Sub Zero, etc. Keep in mind, though that the Graphite Design AD TP shaft is a little higher spin than the Smoke RDX Black that most are getting with the 3. I would say that this shaft plays very similar to the Tensei Blue that worked well for you in TSi2, but is a little lower launch/ball flight. TSi3 is a very playable driver. People should not be afraid to try it.

I am higher launch and spin than most for my ball speed. That being said, most of the reports on the TSi3 are that it is actually a little higher spin than the other low spin offerings out there such as SIM, Sub Zero, etc. Keep in mind, though that the Graphite Design AD TP shaft is a little higher spin than the Smoke RDX Black that most are getting with the 3. I would say that this shaft plays very similar to the Tensei Blue that worked well for you in TSi2, but is a little lower launch/ball flight. TSi3 is a very playable driver. People should not be afraid to try it.
Would agree on the slightly higher spin nature of the TSi3. It's not bad or anything. Kinda reminds me of the G400 LST the more I've hit it. Surprisingly forgiving.

Would agree on the slightly higher spin nature of the TSi3. It's not bad or anything. Kinda reminds me of the G400 LST the more I've hit it. Surprisingly forgiving.
I think that is a very good comparison, which is probably one of the reasons so many have loved the G400 LST. That little bit of extra spin makes the driver so playable out on the course. It is one thing to sit and groove bombs on a launch monitor, but the ultra low spin can cause problems for some out on the course.

Back