I think that is a very good comparison, which is probably one of the reasons so many have loved the G400 LST. That little bit of extra spin makes the driver so playable out on the course. It is one thing to sit and groove bombs on a launch monitor, but the ultra low spin can cause problems for some out on the course.

I think this is definitely one you should test as part of any fit. It's good.

But for being actually playable, I think that is something that fitters do a bad job with. I think if you're getting fit on a sim, playing a few simulator tee shots would help bring some perspective to the fit.

I think this is definitely one you should test as part of any fit. It's good.

But for being actually playable, I think that is something that fitters do a bad job with. I think if you're getting fit on a sim, playing a few simulator tee shots would help bring some perspective to the fit.
Isn’t that why almost all of them offer a guarantee? I know Club Champion does to come back and tweak once people are out there on their own course.

I know in the number of fittings I have had, the winning setup was then hit repeatedly to make sure it felt as good as during the shifting of options

Isn’t that why almost all of them offer a guarantee? I know Club Champion does to come back and tweak once people are out there on their own course.

I know in the number of fittings I have had, the winning setup was then hit repeatedly to make sure it felt as good as during the shifting of options
Club Champion provides that and I think most of the higher end fittings do that sort of play guarantee. Which does cover that.

I think the point is more of how does a fitter show off the playability of a club vs the low spin bombs.

Club Champion provides that and I think most of the higher end fittings do that sort of play guarantee. Which does cover that.

I think the point is more of how does a fitter show off the playability of a club vs the low spin bombs.
I’m sure it’s out there, but I can genuinely say I have never been through or witnessed a fitting that was only low spin distance based. So much done on dispersion.

I genuinely feel bad if someone is believing they are getting fit and it’s only distance based

I’m sure it’s out there, but I can genuinely say I have never been through or witnessed a fitting that was only low spin distance based. So much done on dispersion.

I genuinely feel bad if someone is believing they are getting fit and it’s only distance based
Agreed on that second part.

Had a little session on TrackMan this evening. This is TSi3 set up with a Graphite Design AD TP 6 S shaft. These truly are as optimal numbers as I can get for my swing. People should not be scared by the TSi3 head. It is pretty darn forgiving.

View attachment 8979708

My club head speed is similar, and I'd be very happy indeed with results like that!

curious as to what spin rate you were expecting to see, isn’t 2230 a pretty solid #?

that’s more spin than i expected from the 3

Getting into the rythm of the Ventus Blue in my TSi2. Was able to hit some balls moments ago and I hit some beauties. Tried my AD IZ 6X in it and the ball flight was nice and high. Maybe a fun alternative.

that’s more spin than i expected from the 3

The 3 is not as low spin as you would think. Or maybe a better way to put it is Titleist has never been the leader in low spin. That’s not a knock and may even be by design. Spin does create stability. Where Titleist has always feel short was in the ball speed department. They seem to have fixed that here.

For me the TSi3 in the current set up vs. my SIM spun about 2-300 more. Still in a very good range and those numbers are not exactly apples to apples. The sim seems to launch a little lower so I went for a 10 degree head vs the 9 in my sim. So that alone could be the sim difference.

The TSi3 has been a blast to hit. Been tinkering around with the stock shaft Tensei White Raw and a T1100 that is about an inch shorter. Love the ball flight I get with both.

Okay. I definitely need to get a bit warmed up with this club. For whatever reason the deep Face makes me hit this club low on the face. As soon as I get strike sorted the club comes alive.

Settings right now is 9*, B2, T1, +4 gram weight w/ Ventus Red 6X 1" tipped at 45". People looking for low spin might need to want to hold off for TSi4. TSi3 definitely feels more like a playable lower spin head over the super low spin models of SIM or Subzero.

3 wood and 5 wood still showed a lot of promise. TSi3 fairway definitely seems closed. TSi2 13.5 elevates the ball easily and seems to be in a good window. TSi3 5 wood can hit moonballs which is fun.

This is first time hitting off a grass range. Turf conditions were soft, tight, and soggy. Even with the funky conditions fairways were easy to hit off the deck.

curious as to what spin rate you were expecting to see, isn’t 2230 a pretty solid #?

View attachment 8979708
[/QUOTE]

oh for sure, 2,200 is great, maybe even a tad low. but he’s swinging 6 up, 6 from the inside with a closed face. should be high push draws, that usually have low spin. and when i hit tsi2, i was hitting up on the ball a lot that day, and it was tough to get up to 2k spin.

The TSi3 has been a blast to hit. Been tinkering around with the stock shaft Tensei White Raw and a T1100 that is about an inch shorter. Love the ball flight I get with both.

not your handcrafted?

The 3 is not as low spin as you would think. Or maybe a better way to put it is Titleist has never been the leader in low spin. That’s not a knock and may even be by design. Spin does create stability. Where Titleist has always feel short was in the ball speed department. They seem to have fixed that here.
I think that's well said. That's why they never won out for me. Right now I can really lean into my 10* and not worry quite as much about a very low spin one, while cranking out some serious ball speed though. It's nice.

I dig this thread. I like hearing what @M2Giles is noticing about the strike location. My miss is high on the face and I haven't had it quite as often, or quite as dramatically with this driver. I'd wager my average strike location is a hair lower. That's interesting.

Edit: freaking auto correct. CAN really lean into, not can't.

Last edited:

oh for sure, 2,200 is great, maybe even a tad low. but he’s swinging 6 up, 6 from the inside with a closed face. should be high push draws, that usually have low spin. and when i hit tsi2, i was hitting up on the ball a lot that day, and it was tough to get up to 2k spin.
[/QUOTE]
It sounded better before you rounded up. 😂

I'll chime in with my fitting experience as a non-bomber. I did a free fitting a True Spec two weeks ago. I'm 42 years old, 12.4 index and just had a baby 4 weeks ago so haven't swung nearly as much I usual during this time. My Arrcos driving average is 255 yds. My driving has been holding me back lately with lots of OB which is why I'm searching.

I took in my two gamers from this Summer which were a G400 Max 10.5 with Copper Mamba shaft and newer standard Maverick with Rogue White 130. I transitioned over to the Mav about 6 weeks ago after a honeymoon demo round where I saw huge distance gains over the G400. I only hit these two against the TSi3 with Ventus Blue 6s with the thought I would go back at end of Jan and try the new Pings, TM.

I forget the exact numbers but these are close. It was 42 deg out and I was hitting range balls from indoor to out. These are average of 7 drives with each:

G400 Max: 94 mph, 135 ball speed, 2600 spin, 240 yrds distance
Maverick (9 set to 10): 95 mph, 139 ball speed, 1900 spin, 250 yrds distance
TSi3 (10°): 97 mph, 144 ball speed, 2200 spin, 260 yrds

Dispersion with TSi also won by a lot. Launch was really low with the 9 head so we went to 10 right away. Granted this may have been the Ventus but I loved the look, sound and feel. Fitter didn't see the need to hit the TSi2 as my numbers were optimal with the 3 and the draw setting was helping with my ball flight. Only bummer is they don't have stock shafts so I have to decide if I want to drop the $ on the Ventus or try the Raw White.

I was pretty shocked how bad my trusty G400 Max performed against this but I was never fit so makes sense. The fitter was actually shocked at the ball speed gains over the Mav. I've got snow on the ground till March now so trying to let cooler heads prevail and wait to order until I can hit some of the other new offerings but I'm itching to get this thing in my bag!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Okay. I definitely need to get a bit warmed up with this club. For whatever reason the deep Face makes me hit this club low on the face. As soon as I get strike sorted the club comes alive.

Settings right now is 9*, B2, T1, +4 gram weight w/ Ventus Red 6X 1" tipped at 45". People looking for low spin might need to want to hold off for TSi4. TSi3 definitely feels more like a playable lower spin head over the super low spin models of SIM or Subzero.

3 wood and 5 wood still showed a lot of promise. TSi3 fairway definitely seems closed. TSi2 13.5 elevates the ball easily and seems to be in a good window. TSi3 5 wood can hit moonballs which is fun.

This is first time hitting off a grass range. Turf conditions were soft, tight, and soggy. Even with the funky conditions fairways were easy to hit off the deck.
I’d really be interested to try a Ventus Red in mine. Sounds like a killer looking and performing combo.

I’d really be interested to try a Ventus Red in mine. Sounds like a killer looking and performing combo.
It's a great looking combo only thing weird right now is the combo only seems to work at extremes. Smooth swings and bomber swings feel good. Those stock hard swings are currently no bueno. Those stock hard swings result in the low strike right now but bomber and smooth seem to work great.

I will try and get this on the course next weekend. I see a lot of potential here right now.

Negatives. Whatever material they used on the TSi3 for the thing that holds the movable weight is a pain to clean. From hitting on a mat I have those green fibers and they seemingly fused to it. I had to take a knife to basically cut it off and even then it still remains. Never had this difficulty with cleaning a club before.

not your handcrafted?

When I was fitted for the first time at the Titlest Event in 2018, I found out I needed a low launching driver. Completely opposite of what I thought when I made the Handcrafted. I still have it and display it. Will always be proud of it, and maybe as I get older and the swing speed slows down I can go back to it.

So I had gone back to my Sub Zero briefly, just for fun, and it went okay. Well even. It was LOUD comparatively, and that stoud out. The sound of the TSi3 really is special imo. Playing the TS again today really showed how good of a fit it is with the RDX black for me though. Able to work it both ways and up and down. I mean, 10/12 for 294 in soggy CPO conditions I will take every day of the week.

And if you can try to hit an easy one, and accidentally hit it 300 through the fairway, while playing the @Canadan national anthem of all things!!, you must be swinging something pretty dang special. :LOL:

It's a great looking combo only thing weird right now is the combo only seems to work at extremes. Smooth swings and bomber swings feel good. Those stock hard swings are currently no bueno. Those stock hard swings result in the low strike right now but bomber and smooth seem to work great.

I will try and get this on the course next weekend. I see a lot of potential here right now.

Negatives. Whatever material they used on the TSi3 for the thing that holds the movable weight is a pain to clean. From hitting on a mat I have those green fibers and they seemingly fused to it. I had to take a knife to basically cut it off and even then it still remains. Never had this difficulty with cleaning a club before.

I went blue..
73F40403-F160-4147-B527-65DADBD808AC.jpeg6C53AB6D-1BA2-401C-B6FA-84389C6CBAE7.jpeg

So I had gone back to my Sub Zero briefly, just for fun, and it went okay. Well even. It was LOUD comparatively, and that stoud out. The sound of the TSi3 really is special imo. Playing the TS again today really showed how good of a fit it is with the RDX black for me though. Able to work it both ways and up and down. I mean, 10/12 for 294 in soggy CPO conditions I will take every day of the week.

And if you can try to hit an easy one, and accidentally hit it 300 through the fairway, while playing the @Canadan national anthem of all things!!, you must be swinging something pretty dang special. :LOL:
I support you. 🇨🇦

I may be joining this group very soon. I had the TS3 before getting selected for the Morgan Cup. I love the Speedzone and it isn't going anywhere, but I really liked the TS3 and everything I'm hearing about this driver has me anxious to give it a try.

Last edited:
Played a couple rounds with both TS3 and tsi3. The tsi3 launches higher with less loft which is nice! Might be a couple yards longer, but is definitely way more forgiving!

Getting some on course experience finally today with these. This course I haven't played at in over a year so I won't be able to compare to previous drives.

Back