Cobra KING Supersport 35 Putter

Is there any way to pop the sensor, pull the grip without cutting it and re-install? I have had professional club fitters be able to save putter grips in the past.
I’m not too sure but I’m also not going to sweat it. I’ve got putter sensors and I can order another grip. It’s a bummer but it isn’t the end of the world.

Is there any way to pop the sensor, pull the grip without cutting it and re-install? I have had professional club fitters be able to save putter grips in the past.
I'm real close to swapping grips if I don't decide to sell this thing. Plan to try to save the grip if i do.

I stand corrected - it doesn’t look like I will be getting a replacement grip because they have no stock. Bummer.

would you be able to send it back and have them fix? For $400 seems like a bad miss

Doh.. I was replying for a standard grip. Not sure about the new putter grip with Arccos

Yes, the embedded sensors are pretty easy to pop out, I have posted some pics in another thread that I will find and link to. Just takes a very small flathead or something similar to pry it out.

I would think most places would be able to get it off with a shim, my WWG has done that for a couple grips of mine in the past.

Yes, the embedded sensors are pretty easy to pop out, I have posted some pics in another thread that I will find and link to. Just takes a very small flathead or something similar to pry it out.

I would think most places would be able to get it off with a shim, my WWG has done that for a couple grips of mine in the past.

Seeing pics of this one I think it would be different than the typical CC grips. Looks like sensor housing is more secure.

Not sure if anyone who has one can comment on it

Seeing pics of this one I think it would be different than the typical CC grips. Looks like sensor housing is more secure.

The casing certainly seems more firm and deep. Haven't really pried on it though.

Just going by the picture @Tenputt posted on page 15, I think it would come out. I assume the end is rubber and not hard plastic? The JumboMax grips have it more secure than the Crosslines, but still doable.

Would anyone mind posting a pic of the top in focus, with a slight angle to show depth?

Fwiw, here are my pics that hopefully show what you're dealing with. The sensor itself is the same for embedded/screw-in, even putter, they just all have different housings. The key is that the full width of the sensor is not much wider than the top

Just going by the picture @Tenputt posted on page 15, I think it would come out. I assume the end is rubber and not hard plastic? The JumboMax grips have it more secure than the Crosslines, but still doable.

Would anyone mind posting a pic of the top in focus, with a slight angle to show depth?

Fwiw, here are my pics that hopefully show what you're dealing with. The sensor itself is the same for embedded/screw-in, even putter, they just all have different housings. The key is that the full width of the sensor is not much wider than the top

PXL_20201208_024257905.jpg

PXL_20201208_024245649.jpg

alright, shaft extension and grip removal tool ordered.

going to put on a tour van SNSR and extend to 34.5 or 35. try to find a way to add some weight to the butt end too.

alright, shaft extension and grip removal tool ordered.

going to put on a tour van SNSR and extend to 34.5 or 35. try to find a way to add some weight to the butt end too.

looking forward to hearing more about this adjustment from you

With the regular grips my guy doesn't even bother removing the sensor when he pulled and replaced the grip on my driver when I changed the loft on it. SO they may be able to do the same with the putter grip. Just depends on the skill of the guy doing it. The independent club shack at my course, guy can save nearly every grip. My buddy goes to Roger Dunn and brand new grips getting pulled and they waste them.

This putter makes me want to go look for a SIK putter online since the Supersport putters were so limited.

There are a few of these showing up on eBay now. When I last looked, most were priced anywhere from $550 to $700.

There are a few of these showing up on eBay now. When I last looked, most were priced anywhere from $550 to $700.
Still a little crazy to see people flip them. It was already priced high to start with

Still a little crazy to see people flip them. It was already priced high to start with
The world we live in for sure. I actually wouldn’t sell mine this minute for $800. I believe it will work that well for me. Plus, my grip is straight. 😂

The world we live in for sure. I actually wouldn’t sell mine this minute for $800. I believe it will work that well for me. Plus, my grip is straight. 😂
I wouldn’t sell mine either but I would change the grip. A new one just showed up actually (A different one that I bought)

Back