Cobra KING Supersport 35 Putter

Ha, I'd sell mine for $800 right now.

I gained strokes with the putter again today and I can’t imagine that it’s a fluke. Several birdies each of the last few rounds.

Not that the putter I'm talking about is the putter you're talking about, but I made some putts that I haven't made with the Betti. But was like huh that's legit.

Biggest struggle would be lag putting as I don't know if it's the same as a mallet yet

End of the round though, I was feeling pretty good with speed control?

He both has it and doesn’t have it, depending on how he is feeling.
He is being very mysterious about it.

This was the first time on the course, I had to adjust pre shot putting routine to align with practice at home. Was throwing me off.

1) Would not sell this at all.
2) Flipping is lame IMO
3) @mpeterson @Jaymo37 might have some thoughts on the non cobra supersport putter with a sik face

Not that the putter I'm talking about is the putter you're talking about, but I made some putts that I haven't made with the Betti. But was like huh that's legit.

Biggest struggle would be lag putting as I don't know if it's the same as a mallet yet

End of the round though, I was feeling pretty good with speed control?

The few putts I took with it confused me. I really liked it on a couple mid-range/short putts. Longer putts felt “off” to me. It might be that I‘m used to putting with something with more toe hang, but it didn’t seem to match up with my stroke so much on those.

All that said, it was three putts, and the first one was center cup. Feel off the face was great, and I find the Sik face tech to be a really, really great idea. I think this is one I’d need a bit more time on with. From a setup standpoint, very much reminds me of the CB 2135 I had.

Talk to me about the sound / feel of this thing.

It’s pretty darn good. I had a lot of sound fears coming into this but @JB posted impact early on and it sounds good.

Check out the video on the home page and it shows off the sound.

For those of you with them in hand what are your thoughts on the size so far? It's an interesting thought having a blade with that extra size to it.

For those of you with them in hand what are your thoughts on the size so far? It's an interesting thought having a blade with that extra size to it.

I am admittedly not a big sound guy but it seems fine. I've hit a few mallets that sound "dead" almost but this is more crisp. Not sure it translates so much to feel. It's again not as bad as some I've hit in this regard, but it feels like more of a mallet than it looks. IMO I don't feel like I'm hitting behind the ball so much as hitting around the ball, which I kinda get with all bigger MOI putters and it's not my favorite.

The visual size is whats keeping me going trying to make it a gamer. It looks very much like a blade at address. We will see if the higher MOI benefits can outweigh the perceived weird feel.

For me, it is confidence inspiring to have that size. I keep going back to what so many have said. This profile is a great blend of what you get from a mallet, but still presenting visually like a blade to some degree.

Check out the video on the home page and it shows off the sound.
Yea I watched it when it came out and I could hear it pretty well. Just looking for some more in hand feedback. My fears are plasticky and clacky......but that doesn’t seem to be the case apparently.

does it sound hollow at all?

I am admittedly not a big sound guy but it seems fine. I've hit a few mallets that sound "dead" almost but this is more crisp. Not sure it translates so much to feel. It's again not as bad as some I've hit in this regard, but it feels like more of a mallet than it looks. IMO I don't feel like I'm hitting behind the ball so much as hitting around the ball, which I kinda get with all bigger MOI putters and it's not my favorite.

The visual size is whats keeping me going trying to make it a gamer. It looks very much like a blade at address. We will see if the higher MOI benefits can outweigh the perceived weird feel.

Crisp like a fully mulled metal putter? Or crisp like something other than that?

Yea I watched it when it came out and I could hear it pretty well. Just looking for some more in hand feedback. My fears are plasticky and clacky......but that doesn’t seem to be the case apparently.

does it sound hollow at all?
These things are so subjective, so my impression should be taken with a grain of salt. To me, it has a dense, satisfying sensation. I would say that it is in between the extreme soft sensation of a current Odyssey offering and a stainless steel face without deep milling. The face insert is aluminum and so you might think to some of the recent Scotty offerings that had aluminum face/sole designs. I don’t think it is dissimilar to those.

These things are so subjective, so my impression should be taken with a grain of salt. To me, it has a dense, satisfying sensation. I would say that it is in between the extreme soft sensation of a current Odyssey offering and a stainless steel face without deep milling. The face insert is aluminum and so you might think to some of the recent Scotty offerings that had aluminum face/sole designs. I don’t think it is dissimilar to those.

ok. Now this makes sense to me as compared to the recent Scotty offerings. Because if it’s crisp like that but with some softness, it might start to preach to me lol

Always a great breakdown Craigers

sik face is arguably the best insert I’ve experienced
What was your second fav prior to this? And what makes this better than that?

Just got mine today from Cobra Canada. Grip seems to be aligned correctly as far as I can tell. Surprisingly there are still 34" and 35" available up here in RH on the Canadian Cobra website.

Just got mine today from Cobra Canada. Grip seems to be aligned correctly as far as I can tell. Surprisingly there are still 34" and 35" available up here in RH on the Canadian Cobra website.
35” what...grumble grumble

sik face is arguably the best insert I’ve experienced
How so? Sound/feel? Or does it seem to put a better roll on the ball?

Back