TaylorMade Sim2 Driver Hits Conforming List

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Fresh off a hot year on tour with the Sim driver, the TaylorMade SIM2 is coming and today it hit the USGA conforming list in two different models.

The SIM2 and SIM2 Max both appear and while the draw model is not present, that is not indicative that it will not be included.

1-1-1024x692.jpg

Sequel name not withstanding, we expect plenty of buzz surrounding the new offering and have heard that the release date will be in Q1 of 2021.

Stay tuned for more information as it comes on TaylorMade SIM2 drivers.

document.write("Loading Custom Ratings...");

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping they improved the sound with the next generation. Very nice driver, but wasn’t a fan of the sound of this one.

👍👍

• Admin
With it hitting the list now, the question begs will someone have it in the bag at the PNC?

For some reason this driver does nothing for me. I know there have been several that have praised the SIM line of woods and there are a lot of rave reviews of the fairways, but for this release, to me, is like milk toast.

Keeping an open mind... because while the sole is odd, the look at address of their drivers works. And I've never been shy about using something different on the sole.

I was expecting SIM 2, but a little underwhelmed by the looks and color scheme I saw online.

That said - SIM was a great driver last year so if it performs it might see my bag.

Keeping an open mind... because while the sole is odd, the look at address of their drivers works. And I've never been shy about using something different on the sole.
Agreed. Its a great looking driver

Looking forward to seeing these but I’m just not as excited about these as I am about a couple other driver releases. I’m sure they will be great and if they improved any over the SIM I will definitely be giving them a shot at some point next year. Some more in hand pics are needed as the ones I’ve seen so far are only of the sole, I would like to see the head shape. As for sound and feel, I sure hope they are the same as the original

I like the looks of this sole better than the original SIM MAX. That said, I would give it a go, since I'm looking to replace my current driver next year. Looks like they are following the current trend of high MOI with the weight in the back. The other thing I noticed is the speed pocket looks wider, maybe that just the angle though. I'm sure there more tech in there.

I have a fitting scheduled at the end of Feb... If I can manage to get my driver swing together enough for an effective session, it'll be interesting...

Wondering if going with Sim2 is a way to save a lot of marketing money?

The screw in the sole performs an adjustment. On the reg SIM2, it says "high spin-low spin" and just "high-low" on the Max. Interesting.

Hmm, TM clubs just never do it for me at all and the looks of this haven't changed that I'm afraid. I had an old SLDR in the bag for approx 2 rounds before it got passed on. Longest club I've ever hit by an absolute landslide, but I couldn't keep it on the planet :ROFLMAO:

Not really a fan of TM woods, I’ve just never gotten along with them. This doesnt seem to have huge changes (that I can find) from sim 1?

Hoping they improved the sound with the next generation. Very nice driver, but wasn’t a fan of the sound of this one.
its so strange. Because youre either in one camp or the other in the sound of this driver. I personally loved it. but i know many who couldnt stand it.

Not really a fan of TM woods, I’ve just never gotten along with them. This doesnt seem to have huge changes (that I can find) from sim 1?
Well the whole sole plate appears to be carbon......thats a pretty massive change in my mind. Also no sliding weight....

Well the whole sole plate appears to be carbon......thats a pretty massive change in my mind. Also no sliding weight....

Just wait until you hear about that grayish part on the back half. This is an interesting release from TM.

its so strange. Because youre either in one camp or the other in the sound of this driver. I personally loved it. but i know many who couldnt stand it.
Ive been surprised by the mixed reaction also... very muted sound which I absolutely loved!

Back