TaylorMade Sim2 Driver Hits Conforming List

Just wait until you hear about that grayish part on the back half. This is an interesting release from TM.
as in good or as in......

just scoured the interwebs quickly......assuming this is what the bottom actually looks like? If it is indeed blue, they better hope that holds up well.
uazwobnf4nz51.jpg

Fresh off a hot year on tour with the Sim driver, the TaylorMade SIM2 is coming and today it hit the USGA conforming list in two different models. The SIM2 and SIM2 Max both appear and while the draw model is not present, that is not indicative that it will not be included.

1-1-1024x692.jpg

Sequel name not withstanding, we expect plenty of buzz surrounding the new offering and have heard that the release date will be in Q1 of 2021.Stay tuned for more information as it comes on TaylorMade SIM2 drivers.

Continue reading...
weight hammered into the heel is really interesting, as is the shape overall pushing downward instead of straight forward on the face.

Very curious to read the tech logic.

What are peoples thoughts on repeating a name?

Do you like the consistency?
Think it suggests not much has changed?
Don't care?

Having never played any TM drivers, this isn't high on my list of must hits.

weight hammered into the heel is really interesting, as is the shape overall pushing downward instead of straight forward on the face.

Very curious to read the tech logic.
I mean the overall shape isnt all that different that SIM.....no? However they obviously figured out a way to eiminate some weight by making the sole almost entirely carbon....

Don't care?

I think consistency on a good selling product is good. Epic comes to mind. Whether people think it or not. There is a decent amount of change here..

I mean the overall shape isnt all that different that SIM.....no? However they obviously figured out a way to eiminate some weight by making the sole almost entirely carbon....
yeah you're probably right - weird angles being weird angles I guess.

Carbon soles terrify me.

Don't care?
Callaway has done it. Not necessarily year/ year......but theyve certainly brought back new versions of previous names. Great Big Bertha....Big Bertha.....etc. I dont see an issue in my opinion.

Callaway has done it. Not necessarily year/ year......but theyve certainly brought back new versions of previous names. Great Big Bertha....Big Bertha.....etc. I dont see an issue in my opinion.
I think repeating the name year over year and bringing back older names are two different conversations.

yeah you're probably right - weird angles being weird angles I guess.

Carbon soles terrify me.
To be fair i dont know how i feel about an entirely carbon sole.....but i never paid it any attention in the normal SIM so i can\t imagine its somethingthat s going t affect anything other than aesthetics.....maybe sound? Gotta imagine more carbon means even more muted sound.

Don't care?
As an update to something they already have, sure. Think of car manufactures doing the same to a model. Keep it what it is, but improve on it. I think they could have kept the "M" line going instead of switching to the SIM name, but I get it. Callaway did it for years with the Big Bertha stuff, and that name still continues.

I think repeating the name year over year and bringing back older names are two different conversations.
so if they released a new driver this year and called it something totally different and the came back with SIM2 in two years thats different? hmm

Don't care?
Good question.

Adding a number has been a norm in the tech world with phones, game consoles, and such.

I probably wouldn't like it if they kept going with a 3, 4, 5, etc. But, I guess a 2 is ok. However, I generally don't buy each year. I am more of every two years to purchase drivers person. If the Driver said Sim3, I am not sure I would think the technology upgrade is worth the purchase. To me, the 2 is sorta an improvement over full upgrade as to how I take the name. That is without know all the details, just hearing the name.

so if they released a new driver this year and called it something totally different and the came back with SIM2 in two years thats different? hmm
If we're talking about examples that are relevant to my question, yeah :ROFLMAO:

I was just curious about repeating a name back to back - Didn't say whether I thought it was good or bad, it's just not common in golf.

Im not sure, but personally I think there is something different between attaching a numerical sequel to a name and creating a different name around the original. Just me though.

Good question.

Adding a number has been a norm in the tech world with phones, game consoles, and such.

I probably wouldn't like it if they kept going with a 3, 4, 5, etc. But, I guess a 2 is ok. However, I generally don't buy each year. I am more of every two years to purchase drivers person. If the Driver said Sim3, I am not sure I would think the technology upgrade is worth the purchase. To me, the 2 is sorta an improvement over full upgrade as to how I take the name. That is without know all the details, just hearing the name.
Makes me think back to their "R" years. R7, R9, R11 etc.

Does Epic count? I know they brought it back as Flash after Rogue but it wasn't back to back.

Epic, Epic, Flash, Epic Speed.. Little different from SIM, SIM2. But they are banking on the epic name. They always have the same colorway as well. It is just every other year. As Callaway has done for a long time. 2 sperate lines every other year.

To be fair i dont know how i feel about an entirely carbon sole.....but i never paid it any attention in the normal SIM so i can\t imagine its somethingthat s going t affect anything other than aesthetics.....maybe sound? Gotta imagine more carbon means even more muted sound.
I'm more concerned with durability than anything else, but I am sure their R&D did some extensive testing on a full sole of carbon and found it to be highly durable. The material being used in golf is so impressive now, maybe it's a non-issue.

Epic, Epic, Flash, Epic Speed.. Little different from SIM, SIM2. But they are banking on the epic name. They always have the same colorway as well. It is just every other year. As Callaway has done for a long time. 2 sperate lines every other year.
I see where you're coming from. My question was more directly on the back to back, but like we've chatted about a bit, obviously names as a whole are used continuously by companies. Was just curious.

Also, what is Epic Speed?

I'm more concerned with durability than anything else, but I am sure their R&D did some extensive testing on a full sole of carbon and found it to be highly durable. The material being used in golf is so impressive now, maybe it's a non-issue.
I cringe at a full carbon/composite sole. I treat my clubs well, but I have dropped my drivers sole on the ground at the range and it hurts. Or bloke a drive and use the sole to hammer my tee into the ground (I don't do this but have seen others do it) would scare the crap out of me.

No adjustable weights on any SIM2 versions.

That's weird ... you'd think it would be at the end of the plug. That's a step down... But then I haven't played a TM Driver for 10 years. I go Callaway and Ping but keep an open mind.

I cringe at a full carbon/composite sole. I treat my clubs well, but I have dropped my drivers sole on the ground at the range and it hurts. Or bloke a drive and use the sole to hammer my tee into the ground (I don't do this but have seen others do it) would scare the crap out of me.
I know that you're supposed to hit up on the driver, but I'd bet a pretty solid percentage of golfers don't, meaning there will be lots of turf interaction. I can't even imagine slamming a tee into the ground with one haha

@JB the photo on the left looks like the entire bottom is carbon. Is that true? If so this could have a very interesting weight story with it.

Back