Commit To Playing a Great New Course Next Year

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
So I think it's safe to say 2020 has been a down year for a lot of us, especially in terms of travel. So let's make the most of 2021. What great new (meaning you haven't played it before) course are you going to commit to playing next year? Let's hear it, and why you picked it.

This was my first full year of golf moving to this area and I played a dozen local courses. Next year I’ll plan to expand my range a bit and find some new ones. Fairview is a local one I plan to play and I have vouchers for Crossgates and Chapel Hill, so those both make the list. I’ve heard good things about Royal Manchester and Galen Hall, so that’s 5 new courses right there. Will also get to check off two courses at the Hideaway in California next December at the Grandaddy! 2021 is going to be fantastic!

Payne's Valley. Just played Ozarks National and Buffalo Ridge over Thanksgiving. Promised myself to go back in peak season to play Payne's Valley.

Payne's Valley. Just played Ozarks National and Buffalo Ridge over Thanksgiving. Promised myself to go back in peak season to play Payne's Valley.

Awesome. Those courses look so good. Definitely a trip I want to take at some point.

I've got a great list taking shape. Starting in January, Verrado Victory course. Then in late Sept/early Oct....three great courses in the the Austin TX area. There is also talk of a weekend trip to Pebble Beach for 2021.

I'm going to Myrtle Beach for the first time next year so I commit to playing Caledonia, True Blue, and Legends Heritage. Closer to home I really want to play Dale Hollow Lake State Park course in Kentucky. I have heard it is fantastic.

I'll commit to the Loop at Forest Dunes. Played Forest Dunes this year with @jdtox and loved it. Definitely plan to go back, and this time probably do 36 with the Loop. The only reversible course in America. Have heard mixed reviews but need to decide for myself.

I'd like to commit to the Sheep Ranch because I firmly intend to go back to Bandon this year but it hasn't been fully booked yet.

Christmas came early for me. Chambers bay back in Sep, Sea Island this past weekend & TPC Sawgrass this Friday.

As for next year, Pinehurst, Streamsong are on the short list to try and get to.

I'll commit to the Loop at Forest Dunes. Played Forest Dunes this year with @jdtox and loved it. Definitely plan to go back, and this time probably do 36 with the Loop. The only reversible course in America. Have heard mixed reviews but need to decide for myself.

I'd like to commit to the Sheep Ranch because I firmly intend to go back to Bandon this year but it hasn't been fully booked yet.
We are doing that for sure. I need redemption at the Dunes course first haha

If you guys committed to American Dunes, I would tried to muscle in on that if I can get work to pay for my flight out there lol

We are doing that for sure. I need redemption at the Dunes course first haha

At least you played well the next day!

If you guys committed to American Dunes, I would tried to muscle in on that if I can get work to pay for my flight out there lol

Definitely a possibility. Just no idea what it will be like to try to get a tee time.

I already have a trip planned to Branson with a group of THPers. Payne's Valley & Ozark National are definitely on the list.

Also going to Myrtle Beach and hoping to meet up with @Carolina Dundee since our trip was cancelled this year.

I need to put some thought into this as it's intended to be a commitment.

There are so many golf courses I want to play.
You should come to Michigan....

My commitment to new courses are the same as one of my teammates above. I have the privilege of being able to play two courses at the Hideaway in December. Those will absolutely top any course I would have planned for next year. Coeur d’Alene is also trying to be figured out but we will see about that one

Back