Sureshot Pinloc 5000IP Rangefinder Review

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
There is no doubt competition is a good thing for us consumers when it comes to golf, specifically accessories like distance measuring devices. Once upon a time, there were but a handful of legitimate options out there which made for a market with top tier pricing. But, in the past couple of years we have seen rangefinders specifically offering much more palatable options that still offer the accuracy one needs. 

So, when I found out that I would be getting to work with the new Sureshot Pinloc 5000IP rangefinder from MGI, I was eager to see if we had another legitimate option on our hands. 

Sureshot-Pinloc-5000IP-Rangefinder-1.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good review. Hearing the speed is in place, makes this a pretty attractive package at that price.

Great review James! I bought a cheap range finder off Amazon and would like to eventually upgrade. I love all the new options from smaller companies and this one seems to be a great buy.

Great writeup @Jman that sounds like a solid little unit for the price. Makes you wonder why the big names cost so much...

Nice.

Thanks for the review, and thanks for highlighting a product from a smaller company. This seems like a great value, so hopefully people consider it along with more well known companies.

the presentation is relatively pedestrian, but for 219, as long as the lock on and speed of read are quick, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

the presentation is relatively pedestrian, but for 219, as long as the lock on and speed of read are quick, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Between this and the Voice Caddie that @ddec just reviewed, there are some really good options.

• Staff
Lightning fast.

Between this and the Voice Caddie that @ddec just reviewed, there are some really good options.

I really believe that the budget friendly rangefinder has taken a pretty decent leap in recent years. Both in features and performance.

I really believe that the budget friendly rangefinder has taken a pretty decent leap in recent years. Both in features and performance.
Totally agree. It’s not a crapshoot anymore, there are some truly legit options that perform as well as the big boys.

I’m actually using this one as my gamer now, just gave a HS kid my V3.

Totally agree. It’s not a crapshoot anymore, there are some truly legit options that perform as well as the big boys.

It's really impressive to see what has been done in this category. And as we saw in a recent THP poll, most want to pay under 300 for a rangefinder with a good chunk wanting that 200 tag.

James how quick was the scan mode? That is something that really impressed me on the VC.

Plain looks are fine as long as it does what it is supposed to. At that price point it is worth it. Is it relative in size to say the Precision Pro?

Reading the article the one you have is the no slope version correct?

Plain looks are fine as long as it does what it is supposed to. At that price point it is worth it. Is it relative in size to say the Precision Pro?
Yes, and imo it feels more quality.

Great write up James! I have to admit I like the more pedestrian look of this unit, simplistic visually and seems to as easy as flipping a switch to change modes. Hearing that its lighting fast is important.... my current mode is slow on the take to deliver yardage and its annoying! This price point makes it more than just in the realm of possible. As already mentioned.... makes you wonder why the 'big boys' charge so much for basically the same features.

Great write up James! I have to admit I like the more pedestrian look of this unit, simplistic visually and seems to as easy as flipping a switch to change modes. Hearing that its lighting fast is important.... my current mode is slow on the take to deliver yardage and its annoying! This price point makes it more than just in the realm of possible. As already mentioned.... makes you wonder why the 'big boys' charge so much for basically the same features.
Thanks Stemmy.

It’s one of the fastest units I’ve used which shocked me, and crystal clear with no stability issues.

I think its like most other things in life as competitors appear and start producing quality goods, at some point you start paying for the name more than the quality.

Curious how this one stacks up against the precision pro

Thanks Stemmy.

It’s one of the fastest units I’ve used which shocked me, and crystal clear with no stability issues.

I think its like most other things in life as competitors appear and start producing quality goods, at some point you start paying for the name more than the quality.
How steady are your hands? Meaning do you need to be reasonably still for the laser to lock on the pin?

How steady are your hands? Meaning do you need to be reasonably still for the laser to lock on the pin?
It locks on as quick and easy as any Bushnell I’ve ever used.

Used this again today and I’m still SO impressed. Great in hand feel and form and so stinking fast. Would love to try the slope model.

Back