Review Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic Iron Shafts

Frankly I couldn’t care less what they look like if they perform. I have never cared about how the back of an iron looks as long as it looks good at address.
same here ... and if they work well for me, i embrace how unique they look compared to what's in other bags

Going to get multiple rounds in with these this weekend. A few on the simulator and one on the course. So far they are what I had hoped for. Stable, despite being lighter weight. I haven't had anything I felt like get away from me during the swing. With that though, they don't launch or fly too low. Something that absolutely kills my distance.

Should be fun and I will have more after the rounds.

The one I installed into my EXS Ti 4U is pretty interesting. For my swing it’s definitely on the active side of things as I can really feel it unload through the zone. Not to mention, the flight is right on that mid-high realm I like to see in that loft nowadays.

Biggest story to me remains the energy transfer though, Ball speed is up 4 mph for me from the stock Tensei the club had in it, and no loss of dispersion for me. Though I can turn it over pretty easily, which is fun.

The one I installed into my EXS Ti 4U is pretty interesting. For my swing it’s definitely on the active side of things as I can really feel it unload through the zone. Not to mention, the flight is right on that mid-high realm I like to see in that loft nowadays.

Biggest story to me remains the energy transfer though, Ball speed is up 4 mph for me from the stock Tensei the club had in it, and no loss of dispersion for me. Though I can turn it over pretty easily, which is fun.
4 mph with a utility is huge.

4 mph with a utility is huge.
Yessir. BIG carry jump for me. There’s only one other graphite design I’ve seen that big of a jump with before and they’re in my irons right now

The tech story is fascinating. The graphics are bold, but I kinda like it. Definitely would benefit from custom ferrules! At $80 dollars a shaft, its not something I would just try without being fit for them first.

I have monitored this review and discussion. As one searching for new graphite shafts, the cost is a tough one. Color scheme is overdone meh but wouldn’t impact my decision.

The whole legacy view of graphite shafts is interesting. I’m on a mission to change that perspective here. My fitter, pga guy, says over and over he’d put me into 120-130 X steel. I say graphite. His fitting carts don’t have options for me. I think I’m going to have to start building up a mini fleet of 7 irons with graphite shafts for testing before my older body starts actually needing old man graphite. Tight window. 🤬

In my recent fitting I tried the MMT, Fujikura, KBS, steelfiber 110 all in Graphite and the Paderson 110 felt the best to me and gave me the best numbers. Now I have been playing the Paderson 95 for a while so I chalk that up to be familar with the profile, I also tried the Elevate tour (which I have played) and OBAN CT115 S.
The OBAN to me felt just like the Paderson 110 and gave me the same numbers basically which while not a huge difference from the others there was a difference to the plus side in ball speed and dispersion. I was pretty beat by the time I cycled back though all the different heads with the Paderson and OBAN, but it was clear to me the Paderson 110 brought my peak height down a bit from the 95 I play but was still in the 90-100 ft range which was a lot higher than I think i see on the course with a 6 iron, spin was pretty consistent in the 5500-6500 range with those shafts and just about any of the heads. My goal was to bring down the flight in the shorter irons which if the 6 was going 90-100 ft in air has to a lot higher.

The i500 was a bit lower spin but still in the high 90's height wise, I think i get more spin off the mat with my OTT swing which maybe someone that knows more about these things and hits off mats more often can confirm or deny.

I really wish the Paderson was available in more OEM's clubs, both PING and PXG said it was not possible to get them even at a upcharge. This was my motivation to go to CC since they will put them in for $115 per club plus grip and if you so desire $30 more for PURING, I did hit the fitters TM 760 (I think) with a PURED Oban CT115 X. It felt good but not a difference I could tell from all the other shafts which were not PURED.

Did dirty things with the Ballistic in the EXS Ti 4U today in my morning 36 I just finished.

But, to me, ACTIVE is what continues to stand out. I can feel this sucker kicking like a mule, but I have no fear at all because it’s also incredibly tight in dispersion for me.

Some more conversation on these last night during the live stream.

Live stream and Off course to listen to while at work today... its going to be a good Friday :)

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Missed the live stream but will watch in my lunch break

this shaft looks sooo good haha. Would never be able to justify the cost of them, but glad the graphite choices are getting better and better every year. Looking to make the change back to Graphite in the irons with my next purchase.

After 5 rounds with the MMT 80 the Paderson 95 is so so much better for me, if only they were an option direct from the OEM.

Reactions: JB
Great video review D.

The peak height is nuts, I wonder if you swapped out your RX for a spinnier ball if it would still perform considering that you're only 500 rpm variance between great and not so great

Great video review D.

The peak height is nuts, I wonder if you swapped out your RX for a spinnier ball if it would still perform considering that you're only 500 rpm variance between great and not so great
Kinetixx doesn’t talk a lot about spin and their shafts. Mainly because they think a lot of it is just pure odd. Want an example, take a look at VA Composites and every shaft they put out being low spin, regardless of launch or anything else.

Kinetixx doesn’t talk a lot about spin and their shafts. Mainly because they think a lot of it is just pure odd. Want an example, take a look at VA Composites and every shaft they put out being low spin, regardless of launch or anything else.

Wow, that is wild in regards to the spin

@Canadan were the iron shafts the only ones you tried? Not the hybrid correct?

I finally finished putting these in my Cleveland UHX irons and it looks like I'll get to try them out at least once with the weather so nice in Wisconsin. Looks like tomorrow is the day. Really looking forward to it. Just taking some swings with them I really like the way the shaft feels.

I finally finished putting these in my Cleveland UHX irons and it looks like I'll get to try them out at least once with the weather so nice in Wisconsin. Looks like tomorrow is the day. Really looking forward to it. Just taking some swings with them I really like the way the shaft feels.
How did the shafts work out?

How did the shafts work out?

Not sure if it makes any sense at all, but I loved them in the short irons 8 thru PW. Couldn't get along with them in 4 thru 7. I hit a lot of shots with the 9 and PW that were pin seekers - not something I'm used to. The longer irons I just couldn't consistently get the distances I'm used to.

Most of it probably had more to do with not playing for a month prior to swinging them and the fact that I've been doing a lot of weight lifting and resistance training during that time. I think if I gave myself a few more rounds to adapt I'd really enjoy them. They're a little bit heavier than what I'm used to but they felt really smooth through impact. Lots of good feedback too, you know when you hit them well.

I love the looks of them and I'm definitely not going to give up on them, however, I won't probably be getting out any time again this year.

I put one of these in the Mizuno ES21 wedge and it is absolutely fantastic feeling.

I put one of these in the Mizuno ES21 wedge and it is absolutely fantastic feeling.
I’ve always wanted to swing one in wedges, still such a curiously fun shaft for me.

The one I put in the EXS Ti utility was eye opening.

Back