Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

Yes, I’d have to agree there too and I thought the z785 was a heck of a driver too
I did too. Vastly underrated.

C5616AF2-78B0-4A63-9A82-9CFF2957631C.jpeg06F93727-7AE8-4D80-BB31-A0A5AC3C1C90.jpeg2E3BA853-A4A2-42E1-B06D-4DC1E3AE9893.jpeg
These were a few shots from my last session with the ZX5 and a few things jump out to me. First, despite my driver swing being an absolute mess, the ball speed was consistently where I normally see it. I was ALL over the face but it’s right there

The next and biggest thing for me is how darn playable the drives are. I’m seeing much straighter shots with the ZX5. You don’t have to be perfect to get the ball out there

Attachments

• 07788DCA-8D04-4328-9E7F-037F76CC56E1.jpeg
    07788DCA-8D04-4328-9E7F-037F76CC56E1.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 8
I’m downright floored by the lack of buzz on these woods and I’m guessing it’s the fact that Srixon isn’t historically a huge driver name.

question for folks - what could Srixon do different to grab attention? I’m really curious because the ZX5 has flat out outperformed the 2020 drivers I have on hand.

That is the million dollar question.
People said tour play and now they have that. Premium shafts which they started last time around.
Good looking head, which they have.
Low spin which they have.
Forgiveness which they have.

Maybe part of it is early launch and not hitting for another month?

That is the million dollar question.
People said tour play and now they have that. Premium shafts which they started last time around.
Good looking head, which they have.
Low spin which they have.
Forgiveness which they have.

Maybe it is a timing issue (it’s cold in most places, the holidays, and the delay you mention). Not much else makes sense but I’m hoping someone can fill me in

I’m downright floored by the lack of buzz on these woods and I’m guessing it’s the fact that Srixon isn’t historically a huge driver name.

question for folks - what could Srixon do different to grab attention? I’m really curious because the ZX5 has flat out outperformed the 2020 drivers I have on hand.
I think access to the Srixon line is limited and causes them a lot of issues. I have one place who carries them and they never have any of the new items. The majority of my access is through the online stores. I was open to that and I took a chance the last cycle and it worked out beautifully and then I was reaffirmed at the Srixon event. Unfortunately a lot of people don’t get to see these clubs, especially the woods/hybrids.

Maybe it is a timing issue (it’s cold in most places, the holidays, and the delay you mention). Not much else makes sense but I’m hoping someone can fill me in
I think it’s access.

Most simply won’t see them in places and that’s the biggest mountain they will always have to climb.

I asked the same question when I reviewed the 585/785 as it just doesn’t make sense.

That said, this years is an eye opener imo, especially when people see what they do to the higher on the face miss.

This is Srixon lot in life.. They are punching up hill. I played the Srixon z745 driver and was fantastic but it was bad mouthed at every turn because even Srixon "tour players didn't play it"...

Srixon's stuff has been quality for years..

I think access to the Srixon line is limited and causes them a lot of issues. I have one place who carries them and they never have any of the new items. The majority of my access is through the online stores. I was open to that and I took a chance the last cycle and it worked out beautifully and then I was reaffirmed at the Srixon event. Unfortunately a lot of people don’t get to see these clubs, especially the woods/hybrids.
I guess I’m in a weird part of the world where I see all the Srixon stuff at my local shop (it’s independent) and I don’t have a big box store nearby. I can see the problem with online only exposure with a driver.
This is Srixon lot in life.. They are punching up hill. I played the Srixon z745 driver and was fantastic but it was bad mouthed at every turn because even Srixon "tour players didn't play it"...

Srixon's stuff has been quality for years..
I don’t entirely subscribe to that type of approach because the past you, present you, and future you are all different people and think the same goes for companies but maybe things move so darn slow with perceptions that you are closer to right than I want to admit.

These are definitely on my list for trying next year when I do a top of bag fitting.

Agreed with the others. Access. They just opened a massive DSG with a pretty large Golf Galaxy inside it as a separate space here. Bunch of hitting bays, huge putting green, all that stuff. While their organization is a little off I can easily find all the newest offerings for the major OEMs. Didn't see any Srixon. Don't expect them to get top billing, but need to get their offerings on the racks where the vast majority of golfers shop and try stuff. For the folks here who are educated, we know to ask about them and even seek them out if they're not available at our regular spots. For the other 99% of golfers though, they are limited to what's available near them.

That said, this years is an eye opener imo, especially when people see what they do to the higher on the face miss.
It is pretty impressive what the near-sweet performance is with this regardless of direction. You nailed it with the eye opener part.

I believe that is likely the reason. It has received solid reviews, especially from some of the heavy hitting youtubers. I think if this driver was available for sale when these videos/reviews hit they would of been a run on sales. TXG has put it head to head with the current early 2021 offerings and has shown that it is every bit as good as anything out there.

I believe that is likely the reason. It has received solid reviews, especially from some of the heavy hitting youtubers. I think if this driver was available for sale when these videos/reviews hit they would of been a run on sales. TXG has put it head to head with the current early 2021 offerings and has shown that it is every bit as good as anything out there.

The same was said the last few years.
Its not an internet review thing in my opinion.

Great photos @JB that ZX7 is looking good.

I put a Ventus blue 6s in my Z785 driver and took it to the range. That driver is so good. Has me looking forward to the ZX5 with a Riptide in it.

I put a Ventus blue 6s in my Z785 driver and took it to the range. That driver is so good. Has me looking forward to the ZX5 with a Riptide in it.
The RT pairing is really good and I bet the smoke is just as good for those with a bit more aggressive of a swing.

The RT pairing is really good and I bet the smoke is just as good for those with a bit more aggressive of a swing.
I wonder if they will offer the Smoke Yellow. That is a great shaft. Never have hit the regular Smoke.

I wonder if they will offer the Smoke Yellow. That is a great shaft. Never have hit the regular Smoke.
I would JUMP all over the smoke yellow but it doesn’t seem to show up as a stock enough. I’m not sure about this but I want it as a stock.

Jman hit the nail on the head for me when he mentioned access being the issue. Your feedback absolutely makes me want to try it, but am I going to blind buy one to try it, nope. Is there anywhere around here that I can try it, don't think so. If I did a driver fitting next year, I'd want to include it, but I seriously doubt my fitter will have Srixon woods available.

Jman hit the nail on the head for me when he mentioned access being the issue. Your feedback absolutely makes me want to try it, but am I going to blind buy one to try it, nope. Is there anywhere around here that I can try it, don't think so. If I did a driver fitting next year, I'd want to include it, but I seriously doubt my fitter will have Srixon woods available.
TGW should have them to hit, only other place I know of would be Golf USA in Manhattan. Not sure if the Golf USA in Newton has them or not.

TGW should have them to hit, only other place I know of would be Golf USA in Manhattan. Not sure if the Golf USA in Newton has them or not.
Their launch monitor is crap last I checked. I think Srixon needs a demo program.

Their launch monitor is crap last I checked. I think Srixon needs a demo program.
I thought Auburn Hills has a demo day? Or go back to Crestview CC, they had Srixon fitting bag.

I thought Auburn Hills has a demo day? Or go back to Crestview CC, they had Srixon fitting bag.
Hmmm didn't remember seeing that at Crestview. I'll have to watch for demo days.

Back