Review Arccos Caddie Link Review

I only have one round played with the link. I wore it outside my front pocket as I was wearing layers. Only issue I had was on two holes, an extra putt was detected. Will need to use it more to see get a better picture of it's performance. Definitely prefer it over the phone in my pocket.

Walked 18 today and kept my phone in the pushcart and had link in my pocket. It is my third round with link, and all three rounds it performed exceptionally well. No missed shots, no battery issues and felt great not to have a phone in my pocket!

Walked 18 today and kept my phone in the pushcart and had link in my pocket. It is my third round with link, and all three rounds it performed exceptionally well. No missed shots, no battery issues and felt great not to have a phone in my pocket!
Glad to hear this...

With the glitches I've seen I'm still happy at the pre-order price but not sure I would buy at the full price. I do like the simplicity of marking flags and the ability to use my phone for playing MP3s but not sure that's enough to warrant the full price

based on the feedback the fact that this is over $99 is outrageous

I'm exactly the same, I had high hopes and was certain I was going to get one. But the amount of glitches and issues I've heard about, the only way I'll give it a try is if the price at least halves. I've scoured the bay and other places but there seems to be none anywhere. Love the idea of not having my phone with me at all, but it's just the way it will have to stay for now I think.

I’d say $99 is the sweet spot for this device, 100%
I'm exactly the same, I had high hopes and was certain I was going to get one. But the amount of glitches and issues I've heard about, the only way I'll give it a try is if the price at least halves. I've scoured the bay and other places but there seems to be none anywhere. Love the idea of not having my phone with me at all, but it's just the way it will have to stay for now I think.
The biggest issues I’ve had are on colder days because of extra clothes. I’m learning it’s a warm weather device.

The biggest issues I’ve had are on colder days because of extra clothes. I’m learning it’s a warm weather device.

A warm weather device......looks out of window at Aberdeen in December.....puts away credit card :LOL:

But is there snow?

Also in the words of forrest gump

"you never know whatcha gonna git"

There's no snow yet....we've had a wee bit earlier in the year but nothing for a couple of weeks. Mind you, there is a better than evens chance of snow (or sna as they call it here....) anywhere from September to May so it's in the post somewhere :LOL:

There's no snow yet....we've had a wee bit earlier in the year but nothing for a couple of weeks. Mind you, there is a better than evens chance of snow (or sna as they call it here....) anywhere from September to May so it's in the post somewhere :LOL:

How cold is it then? no snow means GOLF

How cold is it then? no snow means GOLF
Oh it's toasty warm today, is about 40 degrees at the moment so absolutely fine to golf. I went to the range this afternoon and just had the 1/4 zip on with no issues. I've played in a dusting of snow a couple of times and is OK, but the problem is all the teeing areas are like glass and you're more worried about swinging off your feet than anything else!

On a related note, when your year subscription expires, call or email in to cancel. They will contact you with an offer with an additional four months if you renew.

Thanks for the review on this system. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and buy the sensors and link. I'm not a fan of the $99 yearly fee but think I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks for the review on this system. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and buy the sensors and link. I'm not a fan of the $99 yearly fee but think I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
The fee always gives me mixed feelings. I can say the arccos system helped me improve several strokes and I have paid way more money to improve less.

Have used the Link for exactly 2 rounds and it worked for 1.4 of those rounds. Around the 8th hole mark of my 2nd round this past weekend it stopped tracking shots. Showed to have plenty of battery available but would not capture shots. Went back to phone for shots rest of the round but will give it another shot my next time out.

I really enjoyed being able to play music when it was working to track my shots. 🔥

Have used the Link for exactly 2 rounds and it worked for 1.4 of those rounds. Around the 8th hole mark of my 2nd round this past weekend it stopped tracking shots. Showed to have plenty of battery available but would not capture shots. Went back to phone for shots rest of the round but will give it another shot my next time out.

I really enjoyed being able to play music when it was working to track my shots. 🔥
I had that happen once. No rhyme or reason and it worked fine the next time out. Strange

Looks like the first year is included so that makes it less painful. Doesn’t seem like any golf stores carry the bundle with the sensor though so may have to order directly from their website.

My link has not worked properly the last 4 or 5 times out and I'm working with Arccos customer support to figure out what's going on.

Question for folks who have the system? Do any of you walk? If so, how close does your phone have to be to register the shot? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this as the 15% off thru Budget works on this system with free shipping. Unfortunately I can't find one that has the link so may have to order that direct through Arccos down the line.

I'm asking about the phone because currently I use a clic gear cart and have a magnet attached like in a car to hold my phone while using the golfshot GPS. I also have an apple watch so that might help with distances but unsure the distance to record a shot.

Question for folks who have the system? Do any of you walk? If so, how close does your phone have to be to register the shot? I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this as the 15% off thru Budget works on this system with free shipping. Unfortunately I can't find one that has the link so may have to order that direct through Arccos down the line.

I'm asking about the phone because currently I use a clic gear cart and have a magnet attached like in a car to hold my phone while using the golfshot GPS. I also have an apple watch so that might help with distances but unsure the distance to record a shot.
If you don’t have the Link then the phone must be in your pocket to register the shot, I walk most rounds and left my phone in the push cart a few times and it did not register, even though the cart was close to me.

If you have an apple watch, you can use that for shot detection and much more, and you don't have to keep your phone in your front pocket. Give that a try before you spend the extra cash for the link. The only thing the link can currently do that the watch can't is set the pin location, but that ability is coming soon.

I was going to say, you're not selling it to him with that comment LOL!

Dang it, too late! I just ordered from Budget Golf.

If you have an apple watch, you can use that for shot detection and much more, and you don't have to keep your phone in your front pocket. Give that a try before you spend the extra cash for the link. The only thing the link can currently do that the watch can't is set the pin location, but that ability is coming soon.
I have found the Apple Watch to be very buggy in my usage of it. Sometimes the watch doesn't even connect when I am using phone to track my round.

How do you set pin with the Link? I guess I missed that in the Quick Start Guide that came with it. 🤷‍♂️

Back