New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I played these irons pretty much the entire year outside of a couple of rounds here and there. Overall, I think they are one of the best in their class and in a growing crowded field of hollow body, they sound/feel as good or better than most.

They offer plenty of distance and a solid amount of forgiveness, especially laterally and towards the toe side, where speed and spin can many times get zapped pretty quickly.

They are staying in line and I expect more to find them throughout the year, especially at their price.

let me ask what may sound like a dumb question but im learning about these OL irons.
all irons are 7 iron length which is 37.50"
if a person needs an extra inch lets say, could you order 6-pw as say 38.50"?

let me ask what may sound like a dumb question but im learning about these OL irons.
Yes, if you put together a custom order on Cobra's website. You can adjust length, lie, and loft I believe.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Snuck out for 18 yesterday and need to share one shot from the round.

Hole 13 is a par 3 that’s all carry. It was playing on the back top tier of the green at 191 yards. It’s starting to get cool out and there is a little wind into us so I pulled my 5i to make sure I’ve got enough club. The 5i is usually around a 200 club for me so it made the most sense.

Anyway, I hit it on the screws and it never left the pin. Never. We hear it hit and I get up there and it’s 15 yards long on the other side of the cart path. Unreal the distance these things get.

Got out for 18 yesterday as we had some very nice weather (58). I was really struggling trying to find my swing. That is until 18, on approach to the green, I hit a really nice 8i that flew right at the pin and landed just past and rolled out to the back fringe. My playing partner and I decided to circle around again and see how many extra holes we could squeeze in before dark. I proceeded to hit a whole string of nice shots, it was like a completely different golfer. I was really reminded how great these irons feel, when I remember how to swing a club. I don't know what was going on for the first 17.5 holes, but once something clicked in my head these are a dream.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Have you gotten a chance to play the irons, @gkeller813?

I have not. Snow, then nice days where work wouldnt let me get out, now rain :rolleyes:. Its hard just to watch them sit.
That’s not good. Excited to hear your thoughts.

With some new swing changes got out to hit these guys because the weather was nice. Flushed shots sound and feel sooo good. They go consistently straight. I don’t get as much distance gains than others have noted but they are bent weak. Still love these clubs. One perk was I saw some higher shots. We will see if that continues.

I have not. Snow, then nice days where work wouldnt let me get out, now rain :rolleyes:. Its hard just to watch them sit.
It will happen! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

You can order the OL forged tec custom in 1/4” increments up to +/- one inch. They are back ordered when I last looked though, and the sets are either 4-PW or 5-GW

Got out for 18 today and have to share a shot from today’s round. Hole 2 gives me fits sometimes and I haven’t played it well as of late. I hit a perfect drive with my Speedzone Xtreme that left me right about 130 to a pin I can’t recall seeing before. It was tucked front right in a bit of a bowl and short is dead in the bunker so it’s a pin that would be tough to go at.

Anyway, I had a solid angle into the green and I knew the ball would cut just a bit off the lie I had. I aimed a little left of the pin thinking straight is good and if I get a butter cut it’s really good. Ball starts off right where I aimed and it’s cutting back nicely...hits the down slope and funnels down to the pin leaving me about 2.5-3 feet for birdie which I drained!

Felt good getting one back there!

With some new swing changes got out to hit these guys because the weather was nice. Flushed shots sound and feel sooo good. They go consistently straight. I don’t get as much distance gains than others have noted but they are bent weak. Still love these clubs. One perk was I saw some higher shots. We will see if that continues.
Glad you got out and saw some positives! This is what you're hoping for with your swing change right, higher shots?

Just got caught up in this thread. I love how excited everyone still is about these, and how much the feel gets mentioned. I absolutely loved playing Forged Tec this spring, and building a couple for a friend recently has reminded me just how much, and how good they are. So much fun, and such a win for Cobra. Seeing them next the KING Tours just gives me a 'wow' for what they've done this past year or so.

Got out for 18 today and have to share a shot from today’s round. Hole 2 gives me fits sometimes and I haven’t played it well as of late. I hit a perfect drive with my Speedzone Xtreme that left me right about 130 to a pin I can’t recall seeing before. It was tucked front right in a bit of a bowl and short is dead in the bunker so it’s a pin that would be tough to go at.

Anyway, I had a solid angle into the green and I knew the ball would cut just a bit off the lie I had. I aimed a little left of the pin thinking straight is good and if I get a butter cut it’s really good. Ball starts off right where I aimed and it’s cutting back nicely...hits the down slope and funnels down to the pin leaving me about 2.5-3 feet for birdie which I drained!

Felt good getting one back there!

Nice shot!

Still think these might be my favorite mid-irons I’ve played. Such a great combination of good looks, distance, and forgiveness. Was hitting the 8 iron I have today and just flushing it. This distance and ball flight with 115 foot peak height is about perfect for me.

ADB13302-54D0-413C-B8AE-D89EF91F09D8.png

Very nice offering and might well be in contention next irons.

I got to play another round with these yesterday. It was cold and my swing is a work in progress, but they felt great. The PW has a weird ting sound to it compared to the other clubs in the bag. Has anyone else noticed this? Still have good distance in cold weather conditions.

I got to play another round with these yesterday. It was cold and my swing is a work in progress, but they felt great. The PW has a weird ting sound to it compared to the other clubs in the bag. Has anyone else noticed this? Still have good distance in cold weather conditions.
I haven't noticed that. All the clubs feel and sound about the same to me. Is that PW one that came with the shaft issues too?

I haven't noticed that. All the clubs feel and sound about the same to me. Is that PW one that came with the shaft issues too?
No, Its the new shaft. Maybe it was just a little lower on the face or something. I feel like the Forged Tecs will stay in the bag for awhile!

Back