First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

I think the sole is a touch wider which, to me, helps in softer conditions. Also, for some reason, I hit these further than any other wedge I’ve gamed.

That's wild. You go stock lengths in both (MiM vs Zip)?

How does feel/touch shots compare?

That's wild. You go stock lengths in both (MiM vs Zip)?

How does feel/touch shots compare?

Stock length on both sets. Touch and feel shots were great. I only had the 58 a short time prior to getting the MiMs but it was solid. I’ve always liked using my 54 for touch shots but that changed when I put MiMs in play.

I felt more comfortable with the higher loft on those, but honestly I didn’t get a ton of time with the 58 Zip to play around.

I currently have the RTX4 in play at 54 and 58 mid. They were both originally 52 and 56 and bent to help with yardage gaps. 54 goes 90 yds and 58 goes 75 yds on full swings. Considering Zipcore in 54 and 58. Are the yardages on full swings similar for RTX4 and RTX Zipcore?

I currently have the RTX4 in play at 54 and 58 mid. They were both originally 52 and 56 and bent to help with yardage gaps. 54 goes 90 yds and 58 goes 75 yds on full swings. Considering Zipcore in 54 and 58. Are the yardages on full swings similar for RTX4 and RTX Zipcore?
they are a bit father for me than the RTX 4, I would say about 10 yards. I think this is mostly because I make cleaner contact more often with the ZipCores, and also because the lower weight placement. They are really phenomenal.

they are a bit father for me than the RTX 4, I would say about 10 yards. I think this is mostly because I make cleaner contact more often with the ZipCores, and also because the lower weight placement. They are really phenomenal.
Guess I will need to get a fitting then. My U wedge with my set goes around 100 yds. The RTX4 54 goes 90. I don't need an RTX Zipcore 54 going 100yds also. lol

Guess I will need to get a fitting then. My U wedge with my set goes around 100 yds. The RTX4 54 goes 90. I don't need an RTX Zipcore 54 going 100yds also. lol
I play my 52 ZC to about a 110, assuming no wind.

Mid vs full? My RTX4 54 and 58 are mid sole. The bunkers on my home courses are inconsistent but tend to be more firm than fluffy. Grass around the greens also can vary from tight lies to deep bermuda. That pushed me to mid sole. Stick with that for the Zipcores?

Mid vs full? My RTX4 54 and 58 are mid sole. The bunkers on my home courses are inconsistent but tend to be more firm than fluffy. Grass around the greens also can vary from tight lies to deep bermuda. That pushed me to mid sole. Stick with that for the Zipcores?

Full sole will offer a bit more forgiveness, but really up to the player.

I used the mid sole 56 out of the sand almost exclusively now, and with the lack of raking and the rain, South Florida bunkers are anything but fluffy. The 56 is a weapon for me now. I hit it almost like a flop shot, opening the 56 and splashing it behind the ball.

If someone is looking for a 60 degree low bounce I will ship to you for the cost of shipping. I was one of the testers and it’s time to pass it on. Two conditions, one you pay shipping. Two you add to the thread and give yourself thoughts.

club is spoken for. Thanks.

Last edited:
If someone is looking for a 60 degree low bounce I will ship to you for the cost of shipping. I was one of the testers and it’s time to pass it on. Two conditions, one you pay shipping. Two you add to the thread and give yourself thoughts.

club is spoken for. Thanks.
Great gesture, and someone is getting a great wedge!

Really itching to get my 54 mid Tour Rack ZipCore courtesy of THP on a simulator to check out some numbers! Would love to see how it compares to my other older wedges that have tons of wear and tear.

The ZipCore 62* is pretty firmly in my bag right now. I don’t use it a ton, but for every odd shot around the green it is fantastic.

Really itching to get my 54 mid Tour Rack ZipCore courtesy of THP on a simulator to check out some numbers! Would love to see how it compares to my other older wedges that have tons of wear and tear.
And I want to try out a certain set of irons too. When and where we going?

The ZipCore 62* is pretty firmly in my bag right now. I don’t use it a ton, but for every odd shot around the green it is fantastic.

That makes me nervous around the greens. I feel like I would just sweep right under the ball. I’m guessing you are using it for those difficult shots with no room to work?

And I want to try out a certain set of irons too. When and where we going?

Ooh yah!! 1899 indoor golf? My other thought is the new Golf Galaxy in Belden. They have 6 simulators!!

That makes me nervous around the greens. I feel like I would just sweep right under the ball. I’m guessing you are using it for those difficult shots with no room to work?
I talk about it in the One Length thread. I use it for everything where loft is necessary.

I talk about it in the One Length thread. I use it for everything where loft is necessary.

Nice, I’ll check it out.

Ooh yah!! 1899 indoor golf? My other thought is the new Golf Galaxy in Belden. They have 6 simulators!!
Let's set this up!

I adore the 62*

Back