This was what I was told when I did a ball fitting with Titleist. So that was keeping the club aspect constant.

The club aspect in Jman example really highlights what the same ball can do based on those club designs.
It’s why one shouldn’t just count on one number/trait when trying and fitting to irons. Profile matters immensely, more than one way to skin a cat. (y)

I was set on King Tours but the more I’ve read about these the more interested I’ve become. Wonder if they will have a release of something in the middle soon?

I was set on King Tours but the more I’ve read about these the more interested I’ve become. Wonder if they will have a release of something in the middle soon?
IMO, the KFT’s are the middle.

196 carry today going all out on the 7i, I can’t hit 200 like @Canadan beast could.

Sane swings though, continue to be 185ish and about 4600-4800 RPM

196 carry today going all out on the 7i, I can’t hit 200 like @Canadan beast could.

those are monster 7's though.

those are monster 7's though.
It’s wild....and it’s easy.

When my misses are 175+, there’s a lot of voodoo going on.

It's happy voodoo though.

Think people are going to like these irons?
I think if they get along with the feel, then there’s little to not like. They’re on the firmer end, but the forgiveness to “ohmygodthatsarocket” ratio is wildly on point.

Any pictures of the black topline yet? Has to be super clean with the blending of the carbon. These in an 8-iron OL are clawing at my wallet.

Any pictures of the black topline yet? Has to be super clean with the blending of the carbon. These in an 8-iron OL are clawing at my wallet.

There are some posted through the thread.

Happy to repost though (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

ED16CD96-317E-402B-A8FD-8E114AB511C8.jpeg

4C3A1AAC-1DD0-4034-992E-E05D199B149E.jpeg

I meant the black finish with the carbon topline, not the chrome+carbon. Thanks for the pictures though. It definitely has a very playable look, even for us mortals.
To my knowledge, the black finish isn’t in hands yet, at least I’ve not seen any other reviewers that have it at the moment.

What kind of peak height and descent?

I think the top line looks awesome with the graphite in there.
I really like the darker carbon fiber look that these have

I really like the darker carbon fiber look that these have
I thought I'd hate it on the Speedzone and it ended up being a feel good reaction every time I stood over the ball.

196 7 iron is nuts! I get the FT out to about 175-180 when I really flush it, and that makes me feel like a superhero - another 15-20 yards on that? Jeeeeeez

I think many are stuck on the old number of the iron in hand x 1,000 as their baseline and that’s just SO antiquated based on the designs we are seeing now. Not saying that’s where you are, but it’s a common thing.

Peak and descent angle are, imo, king.
So what type of numbers do we look for in those categories?

Was actually about to comment something very similar to this. So much variance across designs, so so so much.
How do we know what to look for in designs? Is it just the same peak and descent angle info?

So yes, I did this today.

View attachment 8980763

And yes, this is me “getting after it” a bit to see what I could get the speed up to. More typical swings are coming in 184-185 and 4900-5100.

Thoughts on this 7i. They’re LONG. Longer than I hit the SZ’s. Still firm, but it’s a feedback of power.

Is the spin on the lower side? Sure. But with the peak and descent it’s a non issue.

Wow, impressive. I’m so intrigued by these.

So what type of numbers do we look for in those categories?

How do we know what to look for in designs? Is it just the same peak and descent angle info?
There’s no hard and fast fit-all. The individual swing is always the critical element.

For me, as I’ve gone in years in this I’ve evolved from being launch and spin focused to peak and descent focused. If those numbers are right, the previous two don’t matter for me all that much when I’m choosing what to play.

Back