Callaway X Forged CB Irons Review

I would be curious to see what IO could do for my shape with my 'custom' loft/lie setup enabled.

It shocked me how well they fit into my swing with a stock swing using a ball that works for my game, from a spin perspective.
Bent two strong and these fit like a glove

Given your need to reduce spin, LS may be on the menu yes/no?
I need to give the LS a spin, played the original project x 6.0 for a number of years and really got along with them. These look good but the pictures I saw of the new apex pros it would be hard to not choose them over the x-forged

I would be curious to see what IO could do for my shape with my 'custom' loft/lie setup enabled.

It shocked me how well they fit into my swing with a stock swing using a ball that works for my game, from a spin perspective.
Do you need to strengthen them or weaken them? The yardages you were getting from the stock set up was 💪!

Do you need to strengthen them or weaken them? The yardages you were getting from the stock set up was 💪!
I get a bit more aggressive with my lofts to support my launch and spin a bit better. Has a lot to do with peak height, honestly.

It's worked out incredibly with with my MP18 SCs.

we're going to have to discuss this further, because I was full send on Mizuno..

But, I could see this.

I fell into a really good groove with the X Forged CB 7i when testing it. I still ponder adding maybe a 5 & 6 to play with. 2021 is a tough season to be picking irons. Or maybe easy since there are so many choices that perform well.

you think they would outperform the 921 forged?
I’m not sure, but I might have sorted a full set of those heads today, I guess they need to be shafted so we can find out.

I’m not sure, but I might have sorted a full set of those heads today, I guess they need to be shafted so we can find out.
I could probably make this happen in January.

May the best fit win.

These were made for Canadan methinks. Clinical in the review vid.

Don’t mind the photo etching, had to remove some clubs

AA5BFD99-28C5-43F2-81AB-6C1C7141E97B.jpeg

First range sesh with the X Forgeds today. Really liked what they were doing. Long time cf16/Project X player and I thought these were actually as forgiving. That might be the thinner sole, which seems to work well for me. The IO shaft is solid too. Seems to play a bit soft, but I get a good flight with it. Not too high, not too light. Thought the offset was more than I expected at first, but it’s not too bad. I like.

First range sesh with the X Forgeds today. Really liked what they were doing. Long time cf16/Project X player and I thought these were actually as forgiving. That might be the thinner sole, which seems to work well for me. The IO shaft is solid too. Seems to play a bit soft, but I get a good flight with it. Not too high, not too light. Thought the offset was more than I expected at first, but it’s not too bad. I like.

Super charged to hear you are impressed by your X-Forged CB irons. How do you find the IO shafts in terms of shock absorption? Can you elaborate on your comment about playing a little soft? Early feedback is they are a great combination with the XF irons. Thanks

When you say the IO is 'soft' what do you mean?

I went back and watched the video to get a refresher on my thoughts haha.

It really did perform well.
They did perform well for you. Do they have a chance of making your bag this year?

They did perform well for you. Do they have a chance of making your bag this year?
Yeah man, absolutely. They are on a relatively short list of heads that I am going to pursue early in 2020.

Back