Voice Caddie G1 GPS Watch Review

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
If you are looking for quick yardage confirmations, slope adjustments for a “plays like” distance, and green slope information for your approach shot into a green, you typically need to either pay a good caddie or slow things down and use a laser rangefinder with slope and reference a green book (if you can find one).  Of course, neither of these options is all that feasible for most of us amateurs, but the Voice Caddie G1 GPS watch is an intriguing solution that provides  yardages, slope adjustments, and green undulation maps at a glance.

Voice-Caddie-G1-GPS-Watch-1.png

Voice Caddie G1 is Feature Rich

Certain features are expected with any GPS watch, including accurate front/middle/back yardages and an easy to read display...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good info and I have tried this device and agree that it is one of the best on the market.

Really good info and I have tried this device and agree that it is one of the best on the market.
It really is one of the best. I had a friend use it for a round after I turned the review in (he forgot his and I had an Apple Watch in the car too) - he picked up the navigation IMMEDIATELY and loved the slope adjustment.

It really is one of the best. I had a friend use it for a round after I turned the review in (he forgot his and I had an Apple Watch in the car too) - he picked up the navigation IMMEDIATELY and loved the slope adjustment.

Its also fast. There is nothing worse than dealing with a GPS that is slow.

Does the screen stay lit up during the entire round? If not, does it come on automatically when you raise your arm or do you have to push a button to view? How long before it shuts off?

Wanted to bump this up for @Molten

FANTASTIC write-up!

$299.99 is a solid pricepoint, the feedback that it picks up the GPS quicklyas well as the plays like distance being accurate is great to read.

The heat maps have my curiosity piqued the most.

How long does the battery last in play mode?
You should get 36 holes in a single day without issue. It doesn’t show a numbered percentage but does show four bars and I never had less than two bars at the end of a round. Normally I had three left. I charged before each round and never came close to draining it

Does the screen stay lit up during the entire round? If not, does it come on automatically when you raise your arm or do you have to push a button to view? How long before it shuts off?
Shoot that’s a good question. I’m not sure the mechanism of it but the screen was on when I would glance at it. I’d bet that it stayed on. I’ll have to check to make sure the next time it goes out for a round

You should get 36 holes in a single day without issue. It doesn’t show a numbered percentage but does show four bars and I never had less than two bars at the end of a round. Normally I had three left. I charged before each round and never came close to draining it

This is really similar to what I found. I had 3 through 16 holes and it dropped to 2 after we had finished.

How long does it take to get a full charge?

It depends on how empty it was

I ask b/c especially this year, been guilty of getting ready for a round checking my current wearable seeing it in the red and the tee time is in an hour or 30 minutes and sometimes it doesn't get me wear I need it to be to last a round.

I ask b/c especially this year, been guilty of getting ready for a round checking my current wearable seeing it in the red and the tee time is in an hour or 30 minutes and sometimes it doesn't get me wear I need it to be to last a round.

I think a few hours from pretty drained to full.

are you a GPS watch or apple watch guy?

Charge it off a portable battery : )

I need to get better portable batter/ more POWER in my car as I've tried that too.

I really am curious about this one as the heat map function has me very curious

Hey @Molten, any comparison to the Garmin S62?

Sadly that’s one of the ones I haven’t owned. Historically I have been very pro Garmin but The quality and price are REAL hard to ignore here.

How does it compare to your use with Cobra Connect?

Back