Favorite retail or special order BBQ rub

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What is your go-to BBQ rub available for sale? I’ve tried Killer Hogs and loved it! Looking for some other options.

What is your go-to BBQ rub available for sale? I’ve tried Killer Hogs and loved it! Looking for some other options.
Have you tried making your own? It's very easy plus you can get the exact flavor profile that you want.

I always just make my own... Get to throw it together to match exactly what I'm feeling on that day!

For pork, Dominator by Oakridge BBQ, and it ain't even close. I've made my own rubs from recipes, experimented with tweaking them, and nothing has ever come close to Dominator. It's unbelievably good on pork butt and ribs! Their Black Ops is great for beef also.

Killer Hogs is the best all purpose we have tried to date and it’s a lot of them. I think we had close to 50 when we cleaned out the kitchen to move

There are three brands I continuously have stocked. Oakridge, Naturiffic, and Sucklebusters.

After many years of trying rubs, we stick with 2 main rubs

For pork, we use Recteq Screamin Pig

7E207916-F78C-4624-A044-72CC0D6E59EE.jpeg

For brisket and burgers, we use Meat Church Holy Cow

CDE21F02-6EB2-45A5-9726-17F45600A887.jpeg

Everglades rub for BBQ pork and ribs.

Can get at publix, some other local retailers or direct on their website

For beef, a coffee blend is my go to. I like the Four Rivers one, also trader joe's has one seasonally.

Have you tried making your own? It's very easy plus you can get the exact flavor profile that you want.

i have, but always love the option to use something different. so was curious what other people like. i had heard of meat church, but wasn't sure which one. definitely some good recs in this thread for me to check out.

i have, but always love the option to use something different. so was curious what other people like. i had heard of meat church, but wasn't sure which one. definitely some good recs in this thread for me to check out.

We have tried most of the Meat Church stuff and it definitely has its place. Usually a bit salt forward for me personally.

If you like wings or some heat, check out Dirty Bird by Cosmo Q. Fantastic and our go to on wings.

I haven't seen Killer Hogs anywhere. My favorite that I've found around here is called Twist'd Q

I will definitely have to try Killer Hog. I use head country but I don't know how far they distribute.

Another vote for meat church. Holy cow and honey hog are staples.

Jack Stack!

Killer Hogs is the best all purpose we have tried to date and it’s a lot of them. I think we had close to 50 when we cleaned out the kitchen to move

Is it me or do you seem to have a best of list for damn near everything. I think you should start a thread on this so we can keep running tabs of what to buy....

:LOL:

*Logs into Amazon....search term "Killer Hogs"......purchase....

I usually make my own or use some stuff that my wife found at the local grocery store. I know @Nate has used or been using the Meat Church stuff so I might check that out.

So Killer Hogs or Homemade, noted

There is a site that I use for making my rubs and they have almost every spice available. They also carry a bunch of 3rd party rubs already made but not as popular as lets say meat church but every bit as good. I used one called maple bourbon which was really good. I have also used meat church the holy gospel which is also good. If you go to spiceology look under collaborations which has the 3rd party rubs and blends.

spiceology.com

I like these from spiceology for store bought. But I generally make my own.

1608737466282.png

I usually make my own or use some stuff that my wife found at the local grocery store. I know @Nate has used or been using the Meat Church stuff so I might check that out.
Yea, Matt's stuff is solid. Also been dabbling in the Bearded Butchers stock w/ their brisket coffee rub.

I have enjoyed this rub on pork. Would also be good on chicken, but not as versatile as others.

1608752204276.png

Head Country has some good choices.

Back