2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Was proud of myself - yesterday I went into the basement to workout and ended up filing a warranty claim after finding a puddle around our leaking water heater... still got my shorty workout in once the claim was filed! Had a late Mexican dinner tonight (it was fantastic) so I’ll probably sneak another quick workout in after the 4th quarter starts tonight.
Heres to a workout, and no appliance issues!

Played golf today and walked (23 holes) so the cardio was good but the diet wasn't perfect

Got the workout and stretch in. Back to back strong days. Time to get going again!

Monday workout: BW 188ish
Squat 235, Bench 165, Power Clean 130

with the exception of overhead press, I am back at pre-lockdown strength, albeit 10 lbs heavier. Onward and upward.

Does anyone have any recommendations for protein powder? My son is lifting heavy & likes to make protein smoothies - I'd like to get him some as a present - but there are a ton of choices out there! And a lot of the reviews (at least on Amazon) are from no-athletes & obese people looking to lose weight - that's the opposite of Eric: he's trying to get stronger & gain muscle mass.

Thanks for any info on this!

Does anyone have any recommendations for protein powder? My son is lifting heavy & likes to make protein smoothies - I'd like to get him some as a present - but there are a ton of choices out there! And a lot of the reviews (at least on Amazon) are from no-athletes & obese people looking to lose weight - that's the opposite of Eric: he's trying to get stronger & gain muscle mass.

I like MyProtein. I use LabDoor to research supplements before buying.

This is what I use. Whey Protein Isolate It is available at Costco. The chocolate flavor is pretty good. Mixes well in water and milk. Milk for a creamier flavor.

I also take 5g of creatine monohydrate with my coffee every morning. I would recommend this as well: Creatine

Been a while since I’ve checked in. Mainly because I’ve felt a little better and started eating again. So I kind of peaked on weight loss for a bit.

Started being smarter (mostly, yesterday I lost the fight but today I will win) and got below 230# down to 228 on Monday and Tuesdays weigh in. Not going to bother today, but lots of water weight. The one day calories won’t make that big of a difference. The salt and water I’m retaining (remember due to kidney stones, I drink 1.5-2.5 gallons of liquid-mostly water-a day. So I can drop 20 pounds in 2 days if I just cut that down. I don’t do that as I like to know where I’m really at. Plus I’ll get a damn kidney stone and hate life for a bit.

The sub 230 weight is legit. I didn’t cut water weight at all. I got down to 232 a couple months ago but I cut a little water just to win a weight loss challenge. Not much just 10 pounds or so but then I hovered between 235-240 forever.

Anyways over 70# from my heaviest and 50+ since 04/01/2020. A little work to go. Then i need to find my lungs again and get busy really getting in shape for my retirement in AK.

Good training session this morning.
Squat 240, Press 100, Deadlift 350 - double overhand for 2 reps, hook grip for 3. Moved to 5 lb jumps on deadlift starting today, as my back was still feeling fatigued from Friday's heavy session.

I'm waiting for the 2021 thread to start!😉

I started rowing pretty much every day - someone started an indoor rowing thread so I'm charting progress there. Time to start lifting again. My goal for 2021 is to get down to at least 180 lb before my daughter's wedding (Oct 2).

Making Christmas cookies hasn't helped this week.:mad:

I'm waiting for the 2021 thread to start!😉

I started rowing pretty much every day - someone started an indoor rowing thread so I'm charting progress there. Time to start lifting again. My goal for 2021 is to get down to at least 180 lb before my daughter's wedding (Oct 2).

Making Christmas cookies hasn't helped this week.:mad:
I'll take that as a hint!

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread, and the motivation it has given me. I've been lacking a bit these last few weeks, but all the more reason to continue, after all these cookies are gone :ROFLMAO:.

Fell off the wagon a bit lately. Still getting exercise but the holidays have ruined my willpower to stick to my diet

Better than I started the year, but overall a fail.

Fell off the wagon a bit lately. Still getting exercise but the holidays have ruined my willpower to stick to my diet
I'm in the same boat. Need to get back after it once the cookies are gone

Well frick. I just realized (and I wouldn’t post this, but post drive) that my original goal was 25# in 2020 and 25# in 2021.

I’ve hit both years goal this year. I’ve at the weight I wanted to be, but I’m not happy with the belly. Some of that is from the accident, but it’s more than it was when I was at this weight when younger.

So I’m not going to focus as much on a number in 2021, more a “I’ll stop when I’m happy with the way Iook” mindset.

Frick again, that means I might have to actually exercise. I’ll have to give that a hard ponder 🤔.

Well frick. I just realized (and I wouldn’t post this, but post drive) that my original goal was 25# in 2020 and 25# in 2021.

I’ve hit both years goal this year. I’ve at the weight I wanted to be, but I’m not happy with the belly. Some of that is from the accident, but it’s more than it was when I was at this weight when younger.

So I’m not going to focus as much on a number in 2021, more a “I’ll stop when I’m happy with the way Iook” mindset.

Frick again, that means I might have to actually exercise. I’ll have to give that a hard ponder 🤔.
You can do it. Go until you feel better, without a # on mind. That is what helps motivate me!

2020 was a bust for my fitness. Can 2021 just get here!

so i take it that means your running fell off?
In 2019 I ran 837 miles...2020 a whopping 322. So just a tad...

Back