Sureshot Pinloc 5000IP Rangefinder Review

Used this again today and I’m still SO impressed. Great in hand feel and form and so stinking fast. Would love to try the slope model.

How accurate do you think this is? Did you happen to use another rangefinder to compare readings? I'm always intrigued by how 2 different lasers provide different yardages from the same location sometimes by 2-3 yds. Thoughts?

I am having trouble occasionally with my Tour V4 and the Z6 crapped out very early on, but out of warranty.

Moving on from Bushnell when I upgrade. Nice to see a new option out there.

For $219 it sounds like a great option and a budget option.
Wasn't sureshot the name of another camera within a brand?

How accurate do you think this is? Did you happen to use another rangefinder to compare readings? I'm always intrigued by how 2 different lasers provide different yardages from the same location sometimes by 2-3 yds. Thoughts?
I’ve mentioned it in here but it’s spot on with the Bushnell I tried it against.

For $219 it sounds like a great option and a budget option.
Wasn't sureshot the name of another camera within a brand?
A long long time ago, old film cameras for canon prior to power shot.

Great review @Jman! Looks like a handsome unit at a really nice price! I'd be curious to know how the slope version compares.

Thanks Jman for the timely article, I’m pondering my first rangefinder and really enjoyed this review.

I am curious and in most of the reviews I have read, no one ever mentions battery life. I know you haven’t been using this long but any sense of how the battery life is? I just checked Budget Golf and they carry the IPS model and if I can use the THP code I may have to jump on it sooner than later.

Good review. I'd almost prefer the plain looks to something bold that isn't my style.

I am curious and in most of the reviews I have read, no one ever mentions battery life. I know you haven’t been using this long but any sense of how the battery life is? I just checked Budget Golf and they carry the IPS model and if I can use the THP code I may have to jump on it sooner than later.
I’d expect no worse than any other unit.
Have to remember, in reviews we usually don’t have months to work with the product. That said, rangefinder batteries are pretty durable.

Thanks Jman for the timely article, I’m pondering my first rangefinder and really enjoyed this review.
And I appreciate the kind words!

I’d expect no worse than any other unit.
Have to remember, in reviews we usually don’t have months to work with the product. That said, rangefinder batteries are pretty durable.
For someone with no experience with a rangefinder this is helpful. again thank you.

Great review James. Speed, accuracy and locking on the desired target are certainly at the utmost of importance of a good rangefinder and it sounds as though this unit certainly checks all of those boxes. I know my old Tour V3 is not going to last forever so this sounds like one that I should definitely consider when the day come to finally put it to rest. Nice price as well.

Not sure how I missed this earlier, James, but thank you for the review. I currently use a Pinned "The Pearl". I'm not particularly unhappy with it, by any means, but I think we all "look for better" when it comes to our golf equipment and the peripherals are not different.

The Pearl works well and is always within a yard or spot on with some of the more expensive units that some of my playing partners use. @Doubleb21 ended up with a nice Bushnell (sorry I forgot the model) unit from a Pro-Am that he played earlier this year. My unit performed similarly in accurate distance and speed but the one thing that I noticed (and envied about his unit) was the quality of the display through the reticle. What are your thoughts about this aspect of this unit and how it compares to some of the higher priced models. Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts.

Not sure how I missed this earlier, James, but thank you for the review. I currently use a Pinned "The Pearl". I'm not particularly unhappy with it, by any means, but I think we all "look for better" when it comes to our golf equipment and the peripherals are not different.

The Pearl works well and is always within a yard or spot on with some of the more expensive units that some of my playing partners use. @Doubleb21 ended up with a nice Bushnell (sorry I forgot the model) unit from a Pro-Am that he played earlier this year. My unit performed similarly in accurate distance and speed but the one thing that I noticed (and envied about his unit) was the quality of the display through the reticle. What are your thoughts about this aspect of this unit and how it compares to some of the higher priced models. Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts.
Those one was CRYSTAL clear. Enough that it’s made my bag, I’ve got no higher praise than that! (y)

Those one was CRYSTAL clear. Enough that it’s made my bag, I’ve got no higher praise than that! (y)
Appreciate it, brother. (y)

I use a small bushnell gps and it provides front, centre and rear green distances. I have found this be a great distance tool. Although not having a function to see see hazards and other things its works well at my home course and is all I will ever need there. The times when I have left my gps at home on th charger or did not charge it, i had the option of using my friends bushnell V3 or proseeker laser range finder. I will say the pin pulse is a function that all these tools should have as standard. The bushnell rangfinder is accurate and works a treat , however I have found the menu and changing settings to be finicky and painful to use. Its great to hear that the menu options and functions are easy to access and use on this one and it has the pin pulse function. When my little gps unit packs it in this is most likely the way I will go as it has all the functions I want and its easy and simple to use. Perfect for a muppet like me.

Nice write up. Question though. Many people always talk about speed with rangefinders. I haven’t tried a ton of them out, but speed has never been an issue for me/ive never noticed a huge difference between brands or models. 🤷🏽‍♂️

How much faster can one be compared to the other?

Nice write up. Question though. Many people always talk about speed with rangefinders. I haven’t tried a ton of them out, but speed has never been an issue for me/ive never noticed a huge difference between brands or models. 🤷🏽‍♂️

How much faster can one be compared to the other?
Way late reply, but I was going to bump this thread with all the rangefinder talk later because it’s become my go to rangefinder.

To answer that, yes, the first precision pro was agonizingly slow, and it stood out when bouncing from a Bushnell to it. They’ve improved that, but it was terrible. There’s have been a few others along the way as well that have lacked in speed.

Good review. Seems like a solid piece.

I have an honest question.. when people talk about range finders speed. How fast is fast? And how fast is slow?

have found them all to be fast.. getting a number basically instantly..

Way late reply, but I was going to bump this thread with all the rangefinder talk later because it’s become my go to rangefinder.

To answer that, yes, the first precision pro was agonizingly slow, and it stood out when bouncing from a Bushnell to it. They’ve improved that, but it was terrible. There’s have been a few others along the way as well that have lacked in speed.

Ignore my question. Haha.. I just read two range finder reviews and was curious.. haha

Been using this as my go to rangefinder since the review, it’s continued to perform and remains one of the fastest I’ve ever used.

That said, another Pinloc rangefinder is headed in for review, so I thought this could use a little revival! (y)

Back