Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

Hmmm didn't remember seeing that at Crestview. I'll have to watch for demo days.
A demo day would be perfect. I’m going to push for one at my club - I’m sad to see no Srixon day on the calendar.

A demo day would be perfect. I’m going to push for one at my club - I’m sad to see no Srixon day on the calendar.
That would be awesome. I played the previous gen of fairways and those where hot!!! I still think Srixon is the most underrated equipment company.

I plan on these getting a fill and fair shot at the top spot this year. 🚀🚀🚀

I plan on these getting a fill and fair shot at the top spot this year. 🚀🚀🚀
I’m not sure how you will feel about all of the woods, but I bet you will love one of the drivers.

I’m not sure how you will feel about all of the woods, but I bet you will love one of the drivers.
Honestly, I’m not planning on changing fairways this season.

The ZX 5 if it gets tested, will end up being in a lot of bags. That is a big if, but the driver is fantastic.

The ZX 5 if it gets tested, will end up being in a lot of bags. That is a big if, but the driver is fantastic.

I know one guy whose local shop carries Srixon and will be actively seeking the ZX5 out :cool:

I know one guy whose local shop carries Srixon and will be actively seeking the ZX5 out :cool:

I think you are going to be surprised how much you like it. Even from an iteration ago, they have the sound nailed and very much a total package.

I think you are going to be surprised how much you like it. Even from an iteration ago, they have the sound nailed and very much a total package.
The sound is dead on. I’m surprised by it with the carbon but they did it right for sure. What are you testing it against? And what stock shaft?

The sound is dead on. I’m surprised by it with the carbon but they did it right for sure. What are you testing it against? And what stock shaft?
I’m actually using a Hzrdus red from the last line in there that I really like and have a Srixon adapter for. I’m going to put an adapter on a UST Mamiya Quantum to give it a run too

I got to hit some things I did not expect to hit today. I helped the golf shop unpack, setup and break in a box of demo heads :D

Check out the brand new box of ZX heads and shafts littered across the fitting table this afternoon :love:

thumbnail_IMG_9016.jpg

You my friend are the envy of the neighborhood! Can I be your neighbor!?

You already are my friend. Just wish we lived closer! ;)

thumbnail_IMG_9014.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_9013.jpg

ZX5 in hand :love:

thumbnail_IMG_9015.jpg

These are awesome! Does 5 have shallower face and more of a longer head!?

I gotta say, its almost a blur. In a few ways, one it was totally unexpected, and toward the end of a long tinker session. Second, is that I was moving somewhat fast, and studied them more from address, than with regard to face height. Third, is that from the top, these heads are way more similar appearing than different, at least to me. My fitter and I have some time together, and we both had to study from address, and finally decided that a small area on the heel is a bit more triangular on the ZX5. Overall, the ZX5 is a little deeper and shallower, but the overall effect is so subtle that you need to look for it.

Which one do you prefer?

Too close to call so far honestly. I hit both with HZDUS Black in 6.0. About 6-8 shots with the ZX7 and twice that with the ZX5. Both feel very similar, and good. My experience with the Z585 last year taught me to not be influenced by apperance, so I was more than prepared to be open to the ZX5, and its the first one I hit. Then some ZX7, then back to ZX5. At the end I hit a few with ZX5 and EvenFlow Blue.

I did not look at the table of numbers or the averages, as I was just diving in. But from inspection on a shot-by-shot basis, both were giving me a perfectly acceptable launch and spin, both were carrying similar distance. (Again, not looking at numbers hard.) Misses on either were well within reason. I had spent quite a bit of time with the ZX Utility and also some TSi driver tinkers before the surprise of hitting these, so mostly this was a get acquainted date as I didn't have much gas left. These were keeping up with TSi2 that I was hitting just before easily. I found the sound to be perhaps a touch more metallic than the Z585 was, maybe somewhere between the 585 and the TSi.

Too close to call so far honestly. I hit both with HZDUS Black in 6.0. About 6-8 shots with the ZX7 and twice that with the ZX5. Both feel very similar, and good. My experience with the Z585 last year taught me to not be influenced by apperance, so I was more than prepared to be open to the ZX5, and its the first one I hit. Then some ZX7, then back to ZX5. At the end I hit a few with ZX5 and EvenFlow Blue.

I did not look at the table of numbers or the averages, as I was just diving in. But from inspection on a shot-by-shot basis, both were giving me a perfectly acceptable launch and spin, both were carrying similar distance. (Again, not looking at numbers hard.) Misses on either were well within reason. I had spent quite a bit of time with the ZX Utility and also some TSi driver tinkers before the surprise of hitting these, so mostly this was a get acquainted date as I didn't have much gas left. These were keeping up with TSi2 that I was hitting just before easily. I found the sound to be perhaps a touch more metallic than the Z585 was, maybe somewhere between the 585 and the TSi.
I plugged an even flow blue into the ZX5 two weeks ago too. The feel was fantastic and I wish the numbers were optimized because it’s a fun combo

I plugged an even flow blue into the ZX5 two weeks ago too. The feel was fantastic and I wish the numbers were optimized because it’s a fun combo

I only hit two, but one of them was a piped low power fade that rolled out as long as any other today.

I only hit two, but one of them was a piped low power fade that rolled out as long as any other today.
That’s awesome to hear. If I could hit a low launch with it, the numbers would work out great but I tend to launch the ball high so the spin can be killer. I still love that shaft but others have better numbers. It’s a love hate relationship

Back