Something About You

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This may be personal for some, but others might find it fun. Give us something about you, that is away from golf that people may find interesting, strange, different, etc.

Me: I love Food TV. I can watch any kind of it from America's Test Kitchen on PBS to the restaurant shows that showcase places around the country. I can watch hours of it without blinking an eye.

With no context, I've been pepper sprayed, tasered, flash banged, sting balled and hit with a baton.

With no context, I've been pepper sprayed, tasered, flash banged, sting balled and hit with a baton.

I hoped you tipped the dominatrix for that visit.

When I was 14 years old I was mowing the lawn, I must have hit a large rock that I couldn’t see and it banged around the deck for quite a while and it sounded awful. I got off the mower(which was supposed to shut off the blade when getting off the seat, it didn’t.) I stepped off and my foot slid under the deck and a good portion of my big toe was removed from my body. The Docs reconstructed a good portion of it but it is not a pretty toe.

That should fill up the strange portion of the thread.:D

I got married for the first time and enrolled in college for the first time, both at 38 years old.

Ive coached high school soccer for 10 seasons.

When I'm not coaching or golfing I enjoy gardening. Vegetables, cut flowers, and tending to my small 5 tree orchard.

I am a minority shareholder of the Green Bay Packers.

I generally don’t sleep more then 4-5 hours a day. I am likely up till 2-3am and up by 7am. If I try to go to sleep earlier I toss and turn all night. However, I love to lay in bed.

I consider myself pretty manly. But, I have a big soft spot for Broadway musicals. I have seen many.

Personal Favs

Les Mis - I have seen this 6 times including Broadway and San Fran
Fiddler on the Roof
Miss Saigon
Hamilton
7 brides for 7 brothers - I simply find this one hilarious for some reason.

I consider myself pretty manly. But, I have a big soft spot for Broadway musicals. I have seen many.

Personal Favs

Les Mis - I have seen this 6 times including Broadway and San Fran
Fiddler on the Roof
Miss Saigon
Hamilton
7 brides for 7 brothers - I simply find this one hilarious for some reason.
Love me a good musical! Getting back to NYC for tourism nonsense and a show is at the top of my list when things open back up.

I am a first generation American.

My father was born in a small town in Germany and my mother in Vienna Austria, escaped tp the states in the 1930's. I went to Ellis Island for the first time a few months ago with my kids. Seeing their names, and my grandparents names, on the wall on Ellis Island along with a picture of the boat they came over on turned out to be an emotional day for all of us.

Ive coached high school soccer for 10 seasons.

When I'm not coaching or golfing I enjoy gardening. Vegetables, cut flowers, and tending to my small 5 tree orchard.
What types of trees are in your orchard?

My father was born in a small town in Germany and my mother in Vienna Austria, escaped tp the states in the 1930's. I went to Ellis Island for the first time a few months ago with my kids. Seeing their names, and my grandparents names, on the wall on Ellis Island along with a picture of the boat they came over on turned out to be an emotional day for all of us.

That is awesome!!!

Some of you may already know this .... but I hate playing in the HEAT! :rofl:

That’s a really cool experience. Ellis Island is an incredible experience every time I visit!

I absolutely love culture. Different culture. Experiencing other cultures. Mainly through food, drink etc. I have my opinions and am not afraid to share them. Throw some incredible food down, some really good adult beverage of your liking and let’s get to know one another. You learn a hell of a lot about someone when you share a meal together. I love talking to people. I don’t have to agree with you to like or respect you.

What types of trees are in your orchard?
2 peach, Reliance, and red haven, and 3 apple, golden delicious, Jonathan, and a Honeycrisp hybrid.

Heres the peach 2 years ago:
IMG956659.jpg

This may be personal for some, but others might find it fun. Give us something about you, that is away from golf that people may find interesting, strange, different, etc.

Me: I love Food TV. I can watch any kind of it from America's Test Kitchen on PBS to the restaurant shows that showcase places around the country. I can watch hours of it without blinking an eye.
I'll watch hours and hours of shows on food. I remember late night in college watching Iron Chef haha

Myself, my two best friends from childhood, my wife, her two best friends from childhood, have all been in first marriages for over 40 years. That unfortunately is a bit unusual, five couples, all good friends, all grew up together in Southern California in the 70s, all married fairly young, and all mariages have gone strong for decades in an era where divorce is so common.

I'll watch hours and hours of shows on food. I remember late night in college watching Iron Chef haha

The original Irons chef in Japan or the American one with Alton Brown?

This time of year I dress up and play Santa Claus at the company kids’ Christmas party, been doing for years and I get a big charge out of it. The looks on the kids is priceless and takes me back in time when I believed.

This year was unusual in that we did visits virtually using MS Teams over a couple of nights and spent almost 4 hours in total with the kids. At the end of the call, I announced since they have been so good that there was a little something for them in “X” location which was prearranged with the parents. The whole experience was a lot of fun.

Back