Something About You

2 peach, Reliance, and red haven, and 3 apple, golden delicious, Jonathan, and a Honeycrisp hybrid.

Heres the peach 2 years ago:
View attachment 8983128
Wow! That is a full tree!!

I'd love to have a fruit tree. Just tricky living up here with the growing season being so short. Apparently there's an apple strain that can survive and actually produces fruit... I've been trying to run one down.

Lets play a game. I am going to state 4 facts, 3 of the are true. Can you figure out which one isn't?

A) English is my second language because I grew up in Europe and didn't move to the US until I was 10.

B) I have a twin brother ( fraternal ) who actually is a better golfer than I and manages a golf course after spending a few years as a PGA teaching pro.

C) I have been in over 14 musicals in chorus as well as key roles like Curly in Oklahoma and the Tin Man in Wizard of Oz.

D) I used to competitively race cars including the current counter part to the Cannonball Run and have had pictures published of me on track in Motortrend and Sport Compact car magazines.

I'll let you know the wrong fact after a enough posts have past. 😁

Wow! That is a full tree!!

I'd love to have a fruit tree. Just tricky living up here with the growing season being so short. Apparently there's an apple strain that can survive and actually produces fruit... I've been trying to run one down.
Check out Stark Brothers. I've gotten all my trees from them and couldn't be happier!
If you look in the bottom of that picture, I had to use a 2x4 to prop up a branch because it was so full. This was the in the 2nd!! full growing season. Couldnt believe it!

I mark that I am a "Native American" on many government forms that ask for race/ethnicity, I think including the last Census form. My great-grandparents migrated to the US from Germany in the early 1890s, I was born in the US, my parents were born in the US, my grandparents were born in the US. How many generations does it take to be considered a "native"? I figure I qualify. :drinks:

I used to be a diver. I got on a board this year for the first time in over 6 years. It’s like golf, I remembered how to swing the club, but it was not pretty :LOL:

This is tough, there's nothing real spectacular about me.

One thing is that I was a very good singer when I was younger. I would get highest honoree in high school and have sang in a couple of weddings.

The only other thing is that I have curved and somewhat short pinkies. It's a family thing, my aunt has curved thumbs and my great aunt had the pinkies as well. It looks like it's been handed down to my son also.

Some people may remember this from a similar previous thread

I was a former British national gymnastics champion when I was (a lot) younger

I watch Law and Order reruns all day everyday.
The obvious, I can drink milk with any meal but pizza.

Check out Stark Brothers. I've gotten all my trees from them and couldn't be happier!
If you look in the bottom of that picture, I had to use a 2x4 to prop up a branch because it was so full. This was the in the 2nd!! full growing season. Couldnt believe it!
Thanks! I'll take a look but shipping could be tricky. Are they full trees or spliced?

Impressive to have fruit in the 2nd season, let alone that kind of bounty! Happy tree! Did you use bone meal in the hole before transplanting?

I played tenor sax for a rock band we had at work known as "The Residuals". The play on words in the name is that work was Fleet Capital Leasing (now Banc of America Leasing) a large commercial equipment leasing business.

In 2003, we entered and won Fortune Magazine's "Battle of the Corporate Rock Bands" at the Rock Hall in Cleveland. Among the prizes was a cool Rock Hall varsity jacket and having a picture of the band displayed in the Rock Hall for a year.

Did you enjoy Hell's Kitchen? I could never get into it. I'd rather watch people cook and that be the primary draw.
I do like that one.

It’s Effin Raw!

but prefer others

I mark that I am a "Native American" on many government forms that ask for race/ethnicity, I think including the last Census form. My great-grandparents migrated to the US from Germany in the early 1890s, I was born in the US, my parents were born in the US, my grandparents were born in the US. How many generations does it take to be considered a "native"? I figure I qualify. :drinks:
My understanding of being a Native American is that your ancestors were already here before Europeans were.

Last edited:
For the British members...... I was on Top Of The Pops in 1992!

I spend waaaay too much time working on building and testing CMS websites in my free time......

Did you enjoy Hell's Kitchen? I could never get into it. I'd rather watch people cook and that be the primary draw.

I liked the first few seasons. THen other shows got more popular and it seemed that these guys really are not very good at cooking..

I mean, if you are going on that show you best know how to cook scallops and risotto blind folded..

I graduated summa cum laude this year at the age of 34 after not finishing 10+ years a go. I was the first one in my family to graduate from college. It wasn't the easiest while working 2 jobs and having an 8 year old. It was a long 2 1/2 years but I'm happy that I went back and was able to get my degree.

I am addicted to Australian tv shows The Block and MasterChef Australia.

Like 60 shows per season, 4 nights a week, and for MasterChef, the most insanely intricate cooking on TV.

Carpenter for 49 years. Workaholic. Hoping to become a Golfaholic when I retire.:cool:

I got married for the first time and enrolled in college for the first time, both at 38 years old.

Were you just tired of being happy?

Lets play a game. I am going to state 4 facts, 3 of the are true. Can you figure out which one isn't?

A) English is my second language because I grew up in Europe and didn't move to the US until I was 10.

B) I have a twin brother ( fraternal ) who actually is a better golfer than I and manages a golf course after spending a few years as a PGA teaching pro.

C) I have been in over 14 musicals in chorus as well as key roles like Curly in Oklahoma and the Tin Man in Wizard of Oz.

D) I used to competitively race cars including the current counter part to the Cannonball Run and have had pictures published of me on track in Motortrend and Sport Compact car magazines.

I'll let you know the wrong fact after a enough posts have past. 😁
Since no one else has answered, I'll take a crack and guess that the answer is A.

Back