Something About You

I'm currently living permanently in my third country. Started in Kiwi land, then the UK now the States.
I'm also eligible for my third passport which is one of 2021's goals.
how's the accent? When i go back to Canada they act like I am a mutt haha

Yep, that was the worst of the bunch for me. I'd do a lot of things before doing that again! I had a calf cramp afterwards too...

I take it you also have the 'ride for 5' distinction?
Yessir, I actually volunteered for it. Had calf and hammy cramps the rest of the day, felt worse than leg day in the gym!

We had the discussion afterward about whether we'd rather be gassed or take the ride again. I said I'd rather be gassed - it sucks for longer, but the suckage isn't anywhere near as intense.

A lot of people take a look and always think I had it easy growing up. My Dad wasn’t around much at all as a child and my Mom had a drug and alcohol problem.

When I was 14, my Mom lost my brother and I due to her addiction and my brother and I had to move it with our Dad’s. I didn’t see him much until I was back in Nashville.

Living with my Dad wasn’t a great experience as a high school boy. When I left for college and was able to be responsible for myself our relationship got better, but now has deteriorated to the point we don’t speak. I haven’t spoken to him since early this year and he still hasn’t met his grandson.

I guess this is a big reason I take so much pride in being a good father. I didn’t have great parents and I’ve had to work my ass off for everything. Nothing has ever really been easy except for being a good Dad and husband to my wife.

Probably more than anyone wanted to know about me, but I’m proud of what I’ve been through and the person I’ve become.
I'm glad to know it my dude, and it means a lot that you'd share.

Something else because post count...

I’ve lost count at broken bones lifetime. I’m somewhere in the high 20’s low 30’s. I’ve done a lot of dumb stuff. I even have a pretty good idea of if it’s a waste of time to get medical attention at this point. If they’re just going to splint it or something, I can do that.

Yessir, I actually volunteered for it. Had calf and hammy cramps the rest of the day, felt worse than leg day in the gym!

We had the discussion afterward about whether we'd rather be gassed or take the ride again. I said I'd rather be gassed - it sucks for longer, but the suckage isn't anywhere near as intense.
Oh!! I forgot all about the aerosols! Good reminder. I'd way rather be gassed again too. Haha - shows that they weren't as traumatic maybe?

Did CS and OC exposure a few times. You? (For anyone else interested - tear gas, and pepper spray)

Along the dumb knows no bounds, I also have lost track of concussions. I’ve suffered three major in the last year (medicine related mainly) but had many of them prior.

This one concerns me more than the broken bones. I’ve done bonked my head too much, I currently have a hairline fracture on my forehead and I broke a piece of my orbital bone, you can feel it just above the socket. Yes @Hamfist I’ll let you feel it next year when we tee it up.

You did WHAT?!

Ha, I did too. And won.

Everyone else tried to out muscle the bear, bad move. You acted like you were wrestling it and actually rough petted it (belly and behind ears like a dog, lol) and the damn thing loved it. Would let you look like you were pinning it.

I drank for free and even left with some money more than once. Once the owners wised up that was the end of it. I couldn’t find another bear and they wouldn’t let me wrassle theirs anymore.

Plus there were never any Richards wanting to pick a fight with you as you just whooped a bear, lol.

Where in Italy did you live? I spent two years of my life in Italy. I lived in Cremona, Milano, Genova and Torino.
Great places you lived in though I hated Milano when I arrived, it is now a much better place and Torino is wonderful. I have a great friend from Genova and love the old city and know Cremona only for Mostarda. My schooling was near Parma where I lived for a year, then the winery and B&B are in Le Marche, Offida, near Ascoli Piceno. Can't wait to go back once the world and I are vaccinated.

I am likely the only forum member who holds qualification to drive a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.

For those who were tech geeks back in the day. I interned at MacWeek Magazine and still have issues that have my byline in them.
Is that good? :ROFLMAO:

Oh!! I forgot all about the aerosols! Good reminder. I'd way rather be gassed again too. Haha - shows that they weren't as traumatic maybe?

Did CS and OC exposure a few times. You? (For anyone else interested - tear gas, and pepper spray)
CS, CN and OC. I thought CS was bad, then I met OC. We judged how effective an OC deployment was by whether or not the snot stringers reached the belt line. :ROFLMAO: 😬

I've been an extra in a movie, I've been to 400+ concerts, traveled 30+ states and 10+ countries in Europe with friends who are in a successful rock band. Otherwise I'm completely mediocre, and am pretty quiet and introverted.

I've been an extra in a movie, I've been to 400+ concerts, traveled 30+ states and 10+ countries in Europe with friends who are in a successful rock band. Otherwise I'm completely mediocre, and am pretty quiet and introverted.

Hey it’s Christmas so time to say something nice. I enjoy your presence here. You don’t come off that way at all. The forum is much better for having you.

Hey it’s Christmas so time to say something nice. I enjoy your presence here. You don’t come off that way at all. The forum is much better for having you.
I don't think being an introvert is bad. I just feel awkward around people sometimes :ROFLMAO:. I appreciate it though!

Oh another one.
I love documentaries. Just about any subject.

this is me as well. I got deep into a couple recently, especially about chess

I need pictures or video of this musical.

Ladies & gentleman we have a...
...in the house!

Big difference between " being in them" and "starring in them ".😁

Great places you lived in though I hated Milano when I arrived, it is now a much better place and Torino is wonderful. I have a great friend from Genova and love the old city and know Cremona only for Mostarda. My schooling was near Parma where I lived for a year, then the winery and B&B are in Le Marche, Offida, near Ascoli Piceno. Can't wait to go back once the world and I are vaccinated.

Huh. I spent most of my first 6 years of my life around Vicenza. Then moved to Athens before coming back to Northern italy fir a couple of years. Did kindergarten, 1st and 3rd years in Italian schools.

Oh another one.
I love documentaries. Just about any subject.
Me too. Did you see The Jinx on HBO?

I'll offer up one. I'm the witness whose testimony convinced Apple, Microsoft, and Hewlett Packard to drop their lawsuits against each other claiming copyright infringement of the graphical user interface we now all enjoy.

CS, CN and OC. I thought CS was bad, then I met OC. We judged how effective an OC deployment was by whether or not the snot stringers reached the belt line. :ROFLMAO: 😬
HAHA! I was thankful for wintertime and snow afterwards.

We did vapour, stream, gel and foam OC.

I was one of the best players in the world at a video game that was created by the government as a military recruitment tool.

I placed at state in high school for one of track and field's most random events, the triple jump.

My favorite things are sports, music, video games, and beer (y)

I was one of the best players in the world at a video game that was created by the government as a military recruitment tool.

I placed at state in high school for one of track and field's most random events, the triple jump.

My favorite things are sports, music, video games, and beer (y)
What was the video game?!

In second grade I signed all my papers Luke Skywalker. Thought Ms. Gibson was so cool to let me do that and she drove a white corvette so she was even cooler.

Last edited:
In second grade I signed all my papers Luke Skywalker. Thought Ms. Gibson was so cool to let me do that and she drove a white corvertte so she was even cooler.
Nice to meet you, Luke.

Back