Limp crispy is the best! Bacon and I are close. Really close!

I feel like ive typed this before...

Crispness depends on the cut.

thick cut = slight crisp but a firm doneness throughout

thin cut = crispy but not burnt

favorite cooking method is on the gas bbq, slather in sweet baby ray's and turn, slather and turn slather and turn, continue until you have a thick chewy coating of bbq sauce. your arteries will hate me!

as the great kenji alt-lopez says, a blt is really just a tomato sandwich with bacon. the tomato should be star if the show. my favorite are from slocomb, alabama. the best tomatos i’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you gone mad good sir!??!!

It’s called a BACON lettuce tomato sammich with the reason in order. I have mine without the lettuce and tomato.

I forget the exact time and temp but I bought that extra thick block that’s 24oz of bacon and threw that in the Sous Vide something like 48 hours before we were going to eat it.

I then pan fried it on much higher heat than usual for something like 2 minutes one side and 30 seconds on the other.

2 things, the house smelled like bacon for 3 days which is lovely. Also, and most importantly, it tastes like bacon but you’d just bite it, suck on it a little, and it just dissolved. My house was divided on that, but to me it was perfect. Not perfect enough to ruin other forms of bacon for me, but the best I’d ever had.

Crispy. Always crispy.

Crispy please.

No...wait...

1*31NDr6f_RaEyN6SOPdrFjw.gif

That's more like it.

Last edited:
Have you gone mad good sir!??!!

It’s called a BACON lettuce tomato sammich with the reason in order. I have mine without the lettuce and tomato.

haha no i am deferring to kenji on this one.

haha no i am deferring to kenji on this one.

I know not of this kenji being, however I will defer to the order of the letters.

He/she/it can have their “T” sammich.

Lol!

Making bacon this morning got me thinking, how do you bacon?? How do you cook it? What do you put it on or in??

Go!!

Bacon can’t be beat.

Give me a thick cut on the undercooked, limper side of the scale!

Bacon can’t be beat.

Give me a thick cut on the undercooked, limper side of the scale!
Need some of your breakfast burritos! Eggs, bacon, hot sauce 🔥🔥

How do you like your bacon?
Limp, crispy, well done or somewhere in between?

I prefer thick cut limp bacon.
I am a somewhere in the middle kind of guy. Don’t want my teeth breaking as I bite into it!!!

Limpy bacon for me. I prefer it by itself but will have it on a burger now and again.

Crispy bacon!

I've never tried the water method - will do it this morning with North Country Bacon (New Hampshire)

Thick, chewy and a bit crispy. And pair it with almost anything!

Limp with crispy edges. I have some in the fridge currently that is 3/8" thick. Going to put it on the grill for BLTs this weekend.
Love a good BLT!

If you've never crumbled bacon into waffle batter before cooking them, you can thank me later!!

Back