The XXIO X Lineup

I hit this thing stupid well. Its a bit metallic for my liking, reminds me a bit of some Ping drivers (sound wise), but I hit it so darn well.

I hit this thing stupid well. Its a bit metallic for my liking, reminds me a bit of some Ping drivers (sound wise), but I hit it so darn well.
That’s my thoughts on the sound as well. Ping like...or an aluminum bat. But it performs very, very well.

I got the XXIO X 3w a couple of days ago and literally waiting for the shop to open to get the matching 3H. I have a comp round today and I’m very excited to get both in play.
The numbers on the monitor were great with the 3w and I was able to actually get a decent launch off the deck too. I’ve struggled with that for ages so I’m really pumped. 55DA55DF-4380-436E-88B2-5B5F08FF1405.jpeg

Shot 4 over for today’s first ever round with the XXIO clubs. Used the 3w only off the deck twice on seperate par5’s for my second shots. One was a nice high shot that just faded ever so slightly and the other was a 20m cut as I probably shouldn’t have used it due to the lie I had. I was still very pleased.

I hit the 3H both off the tee and the deck few times and the results were great.The forgiveness level is great as I know I stray all over the face.

As mentioned earlier (by JB I think), they have a very high pitched metallic sound but it gives you the “jeez I just crushed that one” feeling.
More thoughts to come.

Shot 4 over for today’s first ever round with the XXIO clubs. Used the 3w only off the deck twice on seperate par5’s for my second shots. One was a nice high shot that just faded ever so slightly and the other was a 20m cut as I probably shouldn’t have used it due to the lie I had. I was still very pleased.

I hit the 3H both off the tee and the deck few times and the results were great.The forgiveness level is great as I know I stray all over the face.

As mentioned earlier (by JB I think), they have a very high pitched metallic sound but it gives you the “jeez I just crushed that one” feeling.
More thoughts to come.

Good stuff man. Glad to hear you had a great first round with them.

I got the XXIO X 3w a couple of days ago and literally waiting for the shop to open to get the matching 3H. I have a comp round today and I’m very excited to get both in play.
The numbers on the monitor were great with the 3w and I was able to actually get a decent launch off the deck too. I’ve struggled with that for ages so I’m really pumped. View attachment 8983654
I think the Driver is the best out of all of the woods, and that is saying a lot. I love the hybrids and 3W as well.

I think the Driver is the best out of all of the woods, and that is saying a lot. I love the hybrids and 3W as well.
The driver is really really good

Thanks ddec.

I really wanted to try the driver too but I was worn out lol. I’m not sure the financial controller would’ve allowed the driver also 🥺.

Are you guys seeing club speed gains relative to other clubs due to the lightweight setups?

I can’t wait to test this iron for my 2021 iron search...

Another good score today with the new XXIO X 3w & 3H. Hit both from the deck and off the tee and still got great results. Some were a tad high on the face but the distance was still more than respectable. Just need to work out tee height / ball position etc. Loving the sound and feel.

Another good score today with the new XXIO X 3w & 3H. Hit both from the deck and off the tee and still got great results. Some were a tad high on the face but the distance was still more than respectable. Just need to work out tee height / ball position etc. Loving the sound and feel.
Do you still find the sound to be a little metallic?

Do you still find the sound to be a little metallic?
Yeah for sure. I hit a few out of the middle today and the sound was a little bit quieter which I enjoyed. I think it’s a sound your either going to love or hate but I don’t find it offensive at all.

Yeah for sure. I hit a few out of the middle today and the sound was a little bit quieter which I enjoyed. I think it’s a sound your either going to love or hate but I don’t find it offensive at all.
Makes sense. Any club that you’d compare the sound to?

Thanks ddec.

I really wanted to try the driver too but I was worn out lol. I’m not sure the financial controller would’ve allowed the driver also 🥺.

Are you guys seeing club speed gains relative to other clubs due to the lightweight setups?
For me that answer is yes. I’ve always liked a lighter weight and it meshes with my swing. My dispersion is very good overall.

Makes sense. Any club that you’d compare the sound to?
They remind me off the Ping G series. Sounds like an aluminum bat a bit. Less aggressive than the Ping or Cleveland drivers but it is noticeable.

I’m bumping this thread...

They remind me off the Ping G series. Sounds like an aluminum bat a bit. Less aggressive than the Ping or Cleveland drivers but it is noticeable.
Ah ok! That’s a good comparison... thanks! That Cleveland Launcher driver is LOUD!

Those of you that are playing the driver, are you using the stock shaft at the stock length? Or is anyone playing the driver head in a different shaft, shorter length? In other words, is anyone finding that the head is also a major contributor to the success people are seeing?

Those of you that are playing the driver, are you using the stock shaft at the stock length? Or is anyone playing the driver head in a different shaft, shorter length? In other words, is anyone finding that the head is also a major contributor to the success people are seeing?

I liked the standard setup a lot. Yet I am playing it as my #2 driver now with a custom Project X HandCrafted

I play the stock shaft at 44.75. I have always played my driver at this length and it’s a great setup.

After 27 holes, I can say that I like the stock 45.75 length much more than I thought I would. So far the driver is working well for me. Ive noticed the shaft prefers and smooth swing. I bought the stiff/regular flex which intrigues me. Also Im assuming that the XXIO branded shafts are made by Miyazaki? My assumption is based off the fact that Ive only seen flex codes on Miyazaki and XXIO shafts but I could totally be wrong. Can someone confirm?

Back