Callaway X Forged CB Irons Review

No GD probably didn’t help. I would have to think you, @Muchmore18 and I would be great candidates for these.

My favorite monitor pairing!! These two together is seriously the only reason I bought either one. Did you like the lighter weight?
I am not great at feeling different weights. I just looked them up and my current shafts at the CTaper lites are the same weight.

No GD probably didn’t help. I would have to think you, @Muchmore18 and I would be great candidates for these.

I am waiting to see how the Apex line turns out. There is a greater than 80% chance I end up buying the CBs or one of the Apex like me for next season.

Interested to see how @Muchmore18 will in a few weeks as well. 😁

I am not great at feeling different weights. I just looked them up and my current shafts at the CTaper lites are the same weight.
Oh, okay. I didn't have signatures on and since you mentioned X100's I thought you might have been playing something heavier. So now I'm curious how you found the launch and kick compared to the CTaper Lites! It's a pretty logical comparison with the same weights and stepless shafts, but I don't have much time in on CTaper Lites.

I have the s400s in my wedges and really like them. I was wondering if that would be a good pairing with these heads to make it a smoother transition between the irons. The launch looked very consistent and the kick felt very similar. The one thing I really noticed was the thickness of the club in my hand. They felt significantly thinner. Wonder if that is a grip issue or shaft diameter issue.

and me. Don't forget me.
Oh, and Dan hasn’t formally announced where he is taking his talents to. Might need to set up JimGrey and a tv crew for the announcement.

I haven't hit these yet, but I'm enjoying all your thoughts on them.

Oh and

Oh, and Dan hasn’t formally announced where he is taking his talents to. Might need to set up JimGrey and a tv crew for the announcement.
I could be sold on the validity of these beauties.

Oh and

He will either
A) go with Xforged CB
Or
B) lose his mind

Does Voshall know that basically the day after he was on the podcast you started mentality cheating on the 921's??

I am liking them a lot. I was concerned about a significant loss of distance compared to my Apex Forged but I am very happy with only few yards shorter.

I absolutely love the look of these and have been keeping a close eye on this thread from the back of the room though. Unfortunately the three places I've been that have Callaway clubs, don't have any of these to mess with in LH. I watched someone hit them though and the launch window, spin and the sound were just fantastic. That's what I get for standing on the opposite side of the ball though.

I absolutely love the look of these and have been keeping a close eye on this thread from the back of the room though. Unfortunately the three places I've been that have Callaway clubs, don't have any of these to mess with in LH. I watched someone hit them though and the launch window, spin and the sound were just fantastic. That's what I get for standing on the opposite side of the ball though.
I am still trying to convince my wife to switch to right handed. :ROFLMAO:

I am still trying to convince my wife to switch to right handed. :ROFLMAO:
Easier to justify new purchases for yourself right? She can have your previous awesomeness;)

Easier to justify new purchases for yourself right? She can have your previous awesomeness;)
No she would probably get the Big Bertha irons. My sister in law has them and loves them.

Does Voshall know that basically the day after he was on the podcast you started mentality cheating on the 921's??
I'd be willing to tell him hahaha - such is the life of a golfer.

First little outing with the full set. Windy, but the couple long iron shots were good again. Tee'd a 4i for the first time and it was surprisingly mashy considering the conditions and that I have it 1* weak. Love the feel of them. The scoring clubs got a fair amount of use today, and they're going to take some getting used to. They're pretty big compared to the P7MC's and Apex MB's I've been playing lately. Seemed a little boxier than the ZX7 in some way too. Guessing from top line. They had a strange roundness to them out in the real stuff that I hadn't noticed the same indoors. Hard to judge trajectories from one windy outing, so that will take a little more time. I had noticeable apprehension (to me, and deserved or not I don't yet know), about them getting up in the wind today. Techy short irons kind of freak me out lately, because I'm a crazy person. lol I blocked it out and hit a few good ones despite the wind. Also hit a 180+ yd 9i, because of the wind. haha Fun time and I'll try to stick with the full set for a bit to get a better feel for them.

Last edited:
Sooo, I must have been a little more comfortable with the look of them today. Or just took some comfort in the idea that they might help me a little on a day when I don't feel too hot. 'Cause they were straight 🔥🔥🔥. I pulled 2, dramatically (for me), but otherwise, 🔥.

What does it mean when you get within 1 of your very hard to even flirt with PB your second time out with a set? Sell them? :unsure:

It means they are either the ones, or your next round is going to hurt.

I believe you are experiencing the former.

Sooo, I must have been a little more comfortable with the look of them today. Or just took some comfort in the idea that they might help me a little on a day when I don't feel too hot. 'Cause they were straight 🔥🔥🔥. I pulled 2, dramatically (for me), but otherwise, 🔥.

What does it mean when you get within 1 of your very hard to even flirt with PB your second time out with a set? Sell them? :unsure:
Yes, it's quite obvious what you should do... sel... ah hell, I can't in good conscience finish that thought! 😂 Pretty awesome that they are working so well for you after you committed to giving them a real chance. I can't even imagine what your PB is. Must be low 60s, ya?

Want to get some fuzzy thoughts out real quick before they get even fuzzier though.

They're good feeling clubs. Really gentle on cold day too. I caught one a little low, and while I suffered a tad for it in result (not much though), the feel wasn't bad at all. Really surprising they're not more jarring down there. Less solid than expected for the style.

Spin window is definitely right where I like it for my swing. Every result into the green right where it should be for stop/roll/rip. Easy to work with. Was able to hold a couple tough spots today.

Forgiveness towards the toe on one again impressed me. I really do feel like they're more forgiving than people think that are/will be. Wasn't severe, but I feel like there are clubs I have that would have turned more on that shot. Something about the position of that weight at the back maybe? Not sure. Heads feel really stable though. Heavy/extra tungsten in the toe and I don't always get along on some. Not always a fan of the effect on off center strikes. Haven't noticed that in extensive testing or on course with these yet. Balance seems a tad different. Closer to MB there than certain CB's. :confused2: Could be wrong.

Anyway, they're downright plushy out there when you hit them well, and it seems easier to do than it should be for this type of iron.

They're okay in my book, even with the offset. ;)

Back