Coffee Drinkers Unite

Now that I've weaned myself off of creamer I think it's time I start checking out other flavors and styles of coffee. I've only been using a Keurig but I'm interested to see what other options taste like.

Now that I've weaned myself off of creamer I think it's time I start checking out other flavors and styles of coffee. I've only been using a Keurig but I'm interested to see what other options taste like.
Than Keurig? Better. Much better

I picked up a sale at Kauai Coffee for Hawaiian Toasty Banana Nut Cream that is out of this world. If you buy direct, it’s 100% Hawaiian. Pick up Vanilla Macadamia Nut from the local store, also great, it’s 10% Hawaiian. It’s the least acidic coffee I’ve had.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
24EC3C42-C54F-48E3-9018-13D2F779C839.jpeg

Now that right there ☝️ Is a machine!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JB
image.jpg
Picked up some beans to try out.

I picked up a sale at Kauai Coffee for Hawaiian Toasty Banana Nut Cream that is out of this world. If you buy direct, it’s 100% Hawaiian. Pick up Vanilla Macadamia Nut from the local store, also great, it’s 10% Hawaiian. It’s the least acidic coffee I’ve had.
That sounds freaking AMAZING.

Yup, there’s a guy in Seattle that goes all out in making precision grinders called Monoliths (by Kafatek). Short of the coffee beans themselves, the grinder has a huge impact on what you get from brew to espresso.
I agree on quality of the grinder. Don't want them beans getting too hot during that process!

I am impressed that there's a market for precision grinders! But some people take their coffee game to a whole new level!

BFD10AB0-FA93-4E92-BC46-A2546FB3CFA9.jpeg

Also, a HUGE shoutout to the Phillips/Saeco customer service department. When we got our the door that holds the pucks (the discarded ground coffee) wasn't lining up correctly, so I called customer service, talked to a real person who was my contact person the entire time and they got me a new door right away. I spoke to them a day or two before Christmas and the day after Christmas a new door was here, I was extremely impressed with how easy and painless that whole process was. So a big shoutout to them.

Reactions: JB
That sounds freaking AMAZING.
The interesting thing is, that unlike most Flavored Coffee, it not just smells good, it taste just like Banana Cream Pie - it's just outstanding...
The best part might be that it is grown and roasted in the USA. So a little national pride goes long with it.

1609161141441.png

Wife paid attention and got me a delonghi escpresso+ coffee maker
81BAA+4zocL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Turns out decent espresso and cap, haven't made a regular coffee yet since the minimum is 4 cups... has overall mediocre reviews, but if i can get a couple years out of it before upgrading

But she gave away our ninja bar to her folks, so I hope this things doesn't blow up lol

Anyone use an Aeropress?

I just bought one for giggles...

I like frappes and that’s about it.

Anyone use an Aeropress?

I just bought one for giggles...

I used similar years ago.
I am more of push a button and let it grind, press and create everything while never having to move the cup now.

Double shot latte machiatto this morning. Sooooo good.

IMG_6462.jpeg

I think we can take the sticker off the machine now hahahaha.

Nope. Must do like the kids do with a new hat... leave the sticker on....

The interesting thing is, that unlike most Flavored Coffee, it not just smells good, it taste just like Banana Cream Pie - it's just outstanding...
The best part might be that it is grown and roasted in the USA. So a little national pride goes long with it.

View attachment 8984336
I clicked your link and checked out their website. The Coconut Caramel Crunch and Chocolate Macadamia Nut both sound good too! The Banana Nut Cream still tops my "want" list though.

@JB and @GolferGal - how much cleaning/maintenance is involved with a machine like that?

Back