• Whole Brisket

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Chicken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turkey

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can eat spare ribs breakfast, lunch and dinner. But nothing is better than a properly smoked whole packer. The burnt ends are amazing from the point and the brisket flat melts in the mouth when done right. The problem is that brisket is such an art - I rarely order it in even well known joints because it seems to never be just right.

Who in their right mind serves spare ribs that are not trimmed at Louis style?

Great variety so far, brisket with a narrow lead!

(Actually a convincing lead if you combine point, flat and packer responses!)

I got to go baby back ribs but really any ribs will do in a pinch

Where is the select all option? :D
Q39 in KC was awesome! We order every item so we could all try everything.
5AB4EB20-02EA-4850-9440-D4949025681E.jpegD0A9F546-FF7B-4CC7-B133-D13F8F0AD0A9.jpeg58047FD9-8969-4A22-B5BA-29CFC2872E1F.jpegEF86A356-1D31-4698-96C3-49A025E106D8.jpeg

Pork Shoulder/Butt - Eastern NC style

Brisket is the only way to go!

Vinegar sauce?

You betcha! We now have to make it ourself or solicit friends to send us bottles of sauce because I all I can get in south GA is the ketchup based stuff.

some of the best bbq i've ever had was a smoked pork shoulder that a co-worker brought in to share with the team

Baby Back Ribs of the Chicago/St. Louis variety where the sauce is boss.
I usually smoke baby backs dry (rub only), and serve sauce on the side with them.

I usually smoke baby backs dry (rub only), and serve sauce on the side with them.
Not my thing. I mean I wouldn't turn them down, but I prefer them cooked in sauce, and topped with sauce. I expect not to be able to pick them up. Grab a bone and it should come clean off

Meat Sweats?!? Honestly - I go to Fogo for the sweats.

However, my neighborhood has "SmokeFest 20XX" each year over the 4th of July. All the dudes bring up their smokers to a central location, we all smoke meats, feed the neighborhood, all while having multiple bevs throughout the day - it's a great day - and includes meat sweats for all.

I picked the point, for the burnt ends.

Where is the select all option? :D
Q39 in KC was awesome! We order every item so we could all try everything.
I went there a couple of weeks ago for the first time and tried the burnt ends. They were horrible. Not even real burnt ends.

I went there a couple of weeks ago for the first time and tried the burnt ends. They were horrible. Not even real burnt ends.
That is disappointing!

My favorite is the prime whole brisket at Craig and Julie's Smokehouse 😍

123CF8C2-9D77-4751-BF8B-BAC8DC84DE74.jpeg

the brisket man...

But there's a local place here than sells their burnt ends every Friday and....man...I get bloated just thinking about them.

the brisket man...

But there's a local place here than sells their burnt ends every Friday and....man...I get bloated just thinking about them.
You gotta watch the places that have "burnt ends" every day since there is no way. They just take parts of the brisket, cube it up and burn it a little to make fake burnt ends.

Back